Quick Questions and Answers

Is the Food and Production from Internal TRs affected by the Food/Production from the source City. I'm playing as Portugal where the settler spawned in what would be -- ironically, Brazil. The Gold and Culture from the Sugar plantations was good but Production was horrible. I built a city up north so that I will have a coastal city and now that I'm done with Navigation I'm thinking of sending Production once I'm able to build a Workshop.

Also what if you only have a Granary when you started the TR but then built a Workshop while the Route is active, will the city receive Production?

The amount of food/hammers sent by an internal trade route does not depend on the amount of food/hammer production of the sending city.

When you establish an internal trade route, you have to designate it as a food or hammer route. If the sending city for a food trade route builds a workshop while the food trade route is operating, the trade route still just sends food. When that trade route later comes up for renewal, you can designate it as a food route or a hammer route, but not both.

The amount of food/hammers sent by an internal trade route does not depend on the amount of food/hammer production of the sending city.

When you establish an internal trade route, you have to designate it as a food or hammer route. If the sending city for a food trade route builds a workshop while the food trade route is operating, the trade route still just sends food. When that trade route later comes up for renewal, you can designate it as a food route or a hammer route, but not both.

Thank! I didn't know we can't send both. Never tried internal TRs before. All my early TRs go to CSs and then later to other Civs.

Alex is about to win a diplo victory and has an insane amount on influence on all the city states. If I kill some city states, will the number of delegates needed for a diplo victory reduce with it, effectively achieving nothing?

What is the best and most effective way to keep City-states happy? (instead of throwing thousands of golds to them)

Does it get a penalty for backstabbing have saw AI denounce while we had a decleration of friendship all the other Ai didn't care and stayed friends

It certainly should, I recently paid Sweden to backstab Byzantium and about half the leaders leaders threw a hissy fit and started attacking him. It depends on their personality and relationship with the offending AI. They'll often overlook old friends' warmongering a bit, but backstabbing should push them over the edge pretty quickly.

Alex is about to win a diplo victory and has an insane amount on influence on all the city states. If I kill some city states, will the number of delegates needed for a diplo victory reduce with it, effectively achieving nothing?

The victory threshold depends on the number of civs and CS's at the start of the game, so killing off the CS's your enemy needs to win is a perfectly viable strategy. Note it's quite possible to reduce the total available votes below the number needed to win, making diplomatic victory impossible without liberating a few votes from history's trashcan.

What is the best and most effective way to keep City-states happy? (instead of throwing thousands of golds to them)

Completing quests and killing barbarian units in or adjacent to a CS territory are the other options available to you. If you play with raging barbarians like I often do, it's quite possible to station a ranged unit in each of a few remote CS's to farm rapid barbarian spawns for relationship points.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV.exe
Application Version: 1.0.3.18
Application Timestamp: 51c2e9f7
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb
Exception Code: c000070a
Exception Offset: 00099d74
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a7aa
Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d
Additional Information 3: a7aa
Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Moderator Action: Please do not cross-post on multiple forums. Your Bug Reports post has been moved to the Civ5 - Technical Support forum, where you are more likely to get the assistance you seek.

Look at the various city state quests and see which one can be fulfilled by another city state. The most obvious is luxuries. If one city state has a luxury available that another one is looking for, you can become an ally with the first city state and fulfill the quest for the second, gaining you 40 influence with the second. You could also prioritize allying religious city states if there are city states looking for faith or wanting your religion, or cultural city states if their are culture quests. Of course, this is really only worth the effort if you go Patronage, because you get extra benefits from any city states, where in other situations you're typically looking for a specific type of city state.

I got some noobish questions:

1.I've heard that heathen conversion allows missionaries to convert barbarians by moving near them. What if you park the missionary adjacent to an empty encampment? Would the next barbarian spawned be converted? If so, would the encampment be destroyed?

2. Can I buy religious units in my city if I didn't found a religion but there is a majority in my city?

1. The encampment would be captured and you would get paid money for it.
2. The majority religion in the city will appear in the world religion screen. The benefits of the world religion will be added to the city with the majority. If the religious belief has the ability to shop for units in your city then you could but only in each city with that religion.

2. Can I buy religious units in my city if I didn't found a religion but there is a majority in my city?

To expand on the previous answer: you can buy religious units in any city with a religion. Those units will have the religion of the city they're purchased in, even if you HAVE founded a different religion.

To expand on the previous answer: you can buy religious units in any city with a religion. Those units will have the religion of the city they're purchased in, even if you HAVE founded a different religion.

Thanks. I always play on Prince so I always get avreligion. The info would be useful once I rack up tge difficulty. If I can't build my own I'd probably just spread what I find beneficial.

A follow-up though, do your cities also benefit from their Enhancer and Reformation beliefs? Stuff like like Holy Order and Jesuit Education seem good when you get their religion at the right time.

what happens when u reject an AI's gift offer.

EG friend, please take this gift as a symbol of our frenship...

1.I've heard that heathen conversion allows missionaries to convert barbarians by moving near them. What if you park the missionary adjacent to an empty encampment?

Further to this question, what is the point in converting barbs?

When the barbs are churning out composite bows, horsemen and swordsmen, they are a cheap source of upgradable units. When I see barbarian cross-bows, gatlings and riflemen, I do sometimes wish I had Heathen Conversion.

yikesi just got defeated on chieftan difficulty. i was forced to found my first and second cities in tundra, and everyone zoomed past me on tech...so back to settler i go. my questions is can i change something to make the other civs attack me when playing on settler?

i mean in the normal course of things! i dont mean i want them all to be at war constantly with me lol.

Top Bottom