Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hi!

My espionage screen seems to be bugged and I'm not sure why. It's been happening since a couple patches ago, I'm currently on 4.6.2. This is what it looks like when I get spies and click on the spy screen:
1713589208407.png

The only other mods I have are: Civ names by policies; infoaddict; IGE (but I've gotten this bug with IGE deactivated), and tectonic map script.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi! I've recently switched to using this mod and have enjoyed it, but one thing I don't like that was changed was Spain's bonus. I liked the ups and downs of original Spain. I went into the spain file in \Assets\DLC\ZMP_MODSPACK\Mods\(2) Vox Populi (v 17)\Database Changes\Civilizations\Spain and tried to remove everything that seemed to be relating to the current one in the unique ability section, and updated the traits that had been set to 0 back to values of base game, but I don't see the effects going into the game. Is there another file I'm supposed to be changing or is there somewhere I'm supposed to save it to? Sorry if this is a basic question, my game modding experience is limited to changing modifiers in notepad for paradox games.

Hi! I've recently switched to using this mod and have enjoyed it, but one thing I don't like that was changed was Spain's bonus. I liked the ups and downs of original Spain. I went into the spain file in \Assets\DLC\ZMP_MODSPACK\Mods\(2) Vox Populi (v 17)\Database Changes\Civilizations\Spain and tried to remove everything that seemed to be relating to the current one in the unique ability section, and updated the traits that had been set to 0 back to values of base game, but I don't see the effects going into the game. Is there another file I'm supposed to be changing or is there somewhere I'm supposed to save it to? Sorry if this is a basic question, my game modding experience is limited to changing modifiers in notepad for paradox games.
When using a modpack you have to edit "CIV5Units.xml" and "CIV5Units_Mongol.xml". you can find them there: Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\ZMP_MODSPACK\Override

Is there any way to modify the number of votes needed for Global Hegemony? Was recently playing a 43 civ game and was caught off guard by how few votes were needed to win. Out of around 800 total votes only 50 were needed for a victory. I tried looking through the lua files but couldn't find much. Any help is appreciated.

If I want more XP for Recon units from exploration, should I increase BALANCE_SCOUT_XP_BASE value? Also, what is BALANCE_SCOUT_XP_RANDOM_VALUE?

Hi!

My espionage screen seems to be bugged and I'm not sure why. It's been happening since a couple patches ago, I'm currently on 4.6.2. This is what it looks like when I get spies and click on the spy screen:

The only other mods I have are: Civ names by policies; infoaddict; IGE (but I've gotten this bug with IGE deactivated), and tectonic map script.

Civ names by policies is incompatible, it modifies the espionage screen.

Can someone please explain to me how Tech Flavors work?
Obviously it tells the AI which Tech to research, but what is the formula?

Spoiler Flavors :

('TECH_POTTERY', 'FLAVOR_GROWTH', 20), -- Units: Settler, Buildings: Granary, Reveals: Fish, Process: Farming
('TECH_POTTERY', 'FLAVOR_EXPANSION', 25),
('TECH_POTTERY', 'FLAVOR_NAVAL_TILE_IMPROVEMENT', 5),

('TECH_TRAPPING', 'FLAVOR_GROWTH', 10), -- Buildings: Smokehouse, Reveals: Bison, Deer, Improvement: Camp
('TECH_TRAPPING', 'FLAVOR_TILE_IMPROVEMENT', 15),

('TECH_THE_WHEEL', 'FLAVOR_TILE_IMPROVEMENT', 5), -- Buildings: Council, Wonders: Stonehenge, Reveals: Stone, Improvement: Road
('TECH_THE_WHEEL', 'FLAVOR_INFRASTRUCTURE', 10),
('TECH_THE_WHEEL', 'FLAVOR_SCIENCE', 10),
('TECH_THE_WHEEL', 'FLAVOR_WONDER', 10),

('TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY', 'FLAVOR_TILE_IMPROVEMENT', 15), -- Units: Chariot, Reveals: Horse, Cattle, Sheep, Improvement: Pasture
('TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY', 'FLAVOR_MOBILE', 5),
('TECH_ANIMAL_HUSBANDRY', 'FLAVOR_RANGED', 5),

('TECH_MINING', 'FLAVOR_PRODUCTION', 10), -- Buildings: Well, Wonders: Pyramids, Improvement: Mine, ChopForest
('TECH_MINING', 'FLAVOR_TILE_IMPROVEMENT', 15),
('TECH_MINING', 'FLAVOR_WONDER', 10),

It does nothing, except when AI needs to pick a free tech.

Hi everyone, does this mod changes in any way the 3-4 cities meta (vanilla)? In other words, what is the ideal number of cities to win vs the hardest AI?

Thanks! This mod is awesome.

Hi everyone, does this mod changes in any way the 3-4 cities meta (vanilla)? In other words, what is the ideal number of cities to win vs the hardest AI?

Thanks! This mod is awesome.
Yes, I may be wrong but I think that was one of the reasons this project started, because of the stale meta in vanilla civ 5 where it was best to always go tall pretty much.

I dont have a good answer as to how many cities are ideal in this mod, right now tradition (the tall policy tree) is considered a bit underpowered, but there are frequent patches where that balance is sometimes adjusted. There are ongoing votes to nerf the other two ancient era policy trees which would make tall more viable indirectly.

As long as you have good city locations, there is no downside to founding new cities imo, at least not if you are playing progress or authority.

Even if going Tradition, you'd want to at least
1. Protect all your capital's surrounding land with satellite cities
2. Prevent war by not letting people forward settle on tiny strips of land that you leave unsettled

That usually means 5-6 cities.

In other words, what is the ideal number of cities to win vs the hardest AI?
more cities is usually better
last game I completed I went more "tall" but had 15 cities by late game
There are some penalties for expanding too fast, so this is kept in check, but more is still usually better

Top Bottom