• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Questions / Quick Answers

I never installed such a modmod, and I got them. Maybe they have been removed from VP to be put into a dedicated modmod, idk.
@Bryan317 shrines and monuments are the very first buildings in any of my cities (with very rare exception, mostly pantheon-dependent). I just think they are gone.

Then I don't see how you get meteor event or for buildings. Those events I used to get from that modmod like 3 yearsn ago.
Well the latest version I've worked with is 4.4.2. Which was about December/January. So I've been out of the loop a few months. But that and all previous versions I used do have those features. And I can't even blame something left over from a previous install because I played that on a brand new built PC just recently. But I have personally never used anything except for the full VP installation.

Are these mods included with the VP download? Maybe I'm activating them and not even realizing it.

Yes but consider all the added yields from things like "A meteorite is found" which comes very early and adds things like culture or faith to buildings. These things add up quite a bit and are exponentially boosted by other buffs. Whether or not it's more difficult to play with or without events is definitely open to debate.

FWIW I also have never had anything like this, playing with the most recent version. I just get the same boring few events over and over again, usually of the form "choose to either lose tile improvements or food/prod", or "choose to lose pop and buildings, pop and money, or buildings and money", with the occasional "get lots of food now or pay to get increased food yields for a long time". I'm happy to fiddle with the difficulty level to whatever is appropriate for me, but after I've seen the same events repeated ten times it's stopped adding anything fun to the game for me.

Contrast with e.g. the natural disasters in Civ 6 which I found quite fun, causing damage but also increasing yields, and you can settle cities planning for those eventualities.

Well this is actually blowing my mind. So okay, for several years I was definitely seeing the meteorite and Additional yields to buildings such as the monuments. Or another would be they would ask you at some point how you want to run your public schools. You can either get a boost in culture or gold.

But there were definitely a few new ones that I saw in 4.4.2. Such as something to do with a fisherman that comes to the city and you have a choice of how much extra food will be produced.

Edit: well correction, I was playing the previous stable before 4.4.2 that was released in October. Oh well I suppose I'd have to try the latest stable to see if I'm just crazy or something.

Air Interception Range Question

So I did a bit of a test on this using IGE to make sure...it seems that fighter aircraft only intercept enemies planes up to their base range regardless of promotions.
So for example a triplane will only intercept up to 6 tiles, even if you've promoted it to have 10 range.
Is this intended?

GMu.png

Great Musicians show their religion. Is it new, and is there a good reason for that? (Never noticed before, and found nothing in civilopedia.) :think:

Any units purchased with faith -even spanish ships or land units with zealotry- shows the religion of the founder
Thank you, I didn't know that.
But I think, it must be sth different here: Pedro was not a founder, and there was only buying Synagogues with faith in Protestantism.
religion.png

Btw, WIKIPEDIA says he was Catholic!
"There is no authentic record of the date of his birth; but the registry of his baptism, in the Catholic Parish of St. Remigius on 17 December 1770, survives, and the custom in the region at the time was to carry out baptism within 24 hours of birth. There is a consensus (with which Beethoven himself agreed) that his birth date was 16 December, but no documentary proof of this."

Thank you, I didn't know that.
But I think, it must be sth different here: Pedro was not a founder, and there was only buying Synagogues with faith in Protestantism.
View attachment 692760

Btw, WIKIPEDIA says he was Catholic!
"There is no authentic record of the date of his birth; but the registry of his baptism, in the Catholic Parish of St. Remigius on 17 December 1770, survives, and the custom in the region at the time was to carry out baptism within 24 hours of birth. There is a consensus (with which Beethoven himself agreed) that his birth date was 16 December, but no documentary proof of this."
If you are in industrial and buying GPs with faith is unlocked it should look like this.

Is there a way to alter a save file to have 4th UC activated after starting without it.
i had a great start with the celts only to discover i forgot to enable 4th UC before starting the game,.

Strangely, I remember those events but I haven't met one like this for eons. Any event which brings a lasting effect on my empire have entirely disappear for me for some reason.
Yes, same for me. I play without bad events and always had the meteorite stuff and other things as well. During the last couple of months I seem to not get a certain number of events anymore. Never occurred to me until I got reminded in here of some of the events that are in there. I only play VP, so don't know what might be the cause.

One quick question: Which bonusses do Civs get from a foreign religion? I always assumed it was only the "Follower" stuff (which means two religious perks). But does it include the enhancer belief or anything else, too?

Since the adoption of a specific ideology , I feel that there 're too many options either for social policies or new tenets. What is the best strategy? Going on for new policies or tenets? I think that even without tenets, the policy options are already too many , especially in relation to game duration.

Since the adoption of a specific ideology , I feel that there 're too many options either for social policies or new tenets. What is the best strategy? Going on for new policies or tenets? I think that even without tenets, the policy options are already too many , especially in relation to game duration.
What are "too many" options? You are not expected to open all possible policies/ tenets. Victory conditions can tell you which ones you need.
After opening any ideology (imho) taking more policies don't give you better results than new tenets do.

I think there is a tech which unlock mountain and ice crossing for workers, it might also affect cargo ships then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4CV
What's going on with unit maintenance?
I'm in 2074 AD , I've got 161 military units and I pay 2057 for unit maintenance. It's a serious blow for my economy...

Top Bottom