Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Playing with the latest SVN and just captured Rome. Playing as Maya but did not get any European cultures in the wonders tab. Has this changed?

Hello everyone, is there a way of granting an AI player a huge chunk of income through the world editor?
I was thinking of modifying the number of settled merchants in a city, but they increase food and potentially other stuff as well.
I want to provide said AI player with just a bunch of gold income, and nothing more.

Playing with the latest SVN and just captured Rome. Playing as Maya but did not get any European cultures in the wonders tab. Has this changed?
I think you now need several cities from a cultural region (I don't know the exact number). Either you can conquer a few more European cities (if that's possible), or you found some new cities with settlers built in a European city.

Okay. Still having some trouble with corporations. Realistic Corporations is now OFF. (Via world-cuilder.) I have now founded two corporations, but I can't see an option to build any executives. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a later tech that enables executives? (Currently, I'm in the late industrial, researching gyrocompass (everything prior to that column researched).

My civics are: Monarchy, Federalism, Matriarchy, Volentary, State Church, Proletariat, Trade, Public Works, Ceritfied, Capitalist, Martial, Interpreters, Closed Borders, Incentivised, Landfills.

I have looked up and down, and I cannot for the life of me see anything on those that block corporations. From the Corporations window, it appears that the two cities where I have founded corporations via great people are providing their benefits to those two cities, so it would appear corporations are having an effect, which leads me to believe that nothing in my civics is blocking them from working, but I, as I say, can't build any executives yet.

Edit: I just noticed that I can build a Bullseye Store improvement in the city I just founded that corporation in (which I am now) - is that related?

(Still on 40.1, almost at the 25% time mark...!)

Last edited:
Sorry for the repost but is there an answer to this?:

Is there a way to hide the religions formed in a city while viewing the main screen? I'm in the Atomic Era and it is very cluttered having religions, access to power, available airport, etc all visible at once.

The city bars spread across the screen and merge into the surrounding cities

Is there a way to hide the religions formed in a city while viewing the main screen? I'm in the Atomic Era and it is very cluttered having religions, access to power, available airport, etc all visible at once.
I believe there's a BUG option that limits the amount of icons above the city bar, only shows three most significant rel/corp or something along that line.
Don't remember what it's named, perhaps you need religion decay for it to happen, not sure.

Any idea exactly why automated workers are repeatedly building fortresses when I have them explictly set to not build over other improvements and preserve forests? I have now deleted and put a different improvement on the same two tiles (not in city radiuus, but with my territory) about four or five times and I'm starting to get a little bit annoyed that the AI is completely failing to follow instructions.

(Edit: I have already been in BUG and disabled in the automation section everything I could see pertaining to forts, but I did not see a "build fort" button specifically (only build fort forced and some others), nor a command bunker one.)

Edit edit: Looking agfain in the morning, I noticed that the BUG screen scolls sideways and found and disabled the missing build command bunker and build fort et al. Will report back of that STILL doesn't work.

Last edited:
Is air units (specifically ornithopters and early fighters) not getting any XP for bombarding ground units a C2C thing or a regular Civ IV thing (I can't remember) or is it a bug...?

Is air units (specifically ornithopters and early fighters) not getting any XP for bombarding ground units a C2C thing or a regular Civ IV thing (I can't remember) or is it a bug...?
Probably a regular CivIV thing that doesn't match up to the normal C2C thing because air unit interactions haven't gotten much in the way of updating. They will eventually.

Probably a regular CivIV thing that doesn't match up to the normal C2C thing because air unit interactions haven't gotten much in the way of updating. They will eventually.
Righto.

New question. A nation (Inca) spawned in (from a barbarian minor nation) with no portrait, just pink. (There have been a lot of civilisations rising and falling and being wiped out.) Should I be concerned?

I poked around in the Wordlbuilder, but I can't see a way to, for example, assign a leader.

Hi, has the bug mod option screen been downgraded somehow? I can't seem to change the options about which alerts are to be shown for instance. There are only 5 index-tabs from "General" to "Automations". I seem to remember a lot more of them in the past.

Hi, has the bug mod option screen been downgraded somehow? I can't seem to change the options about which alerts are to be shown for instance. There are only 5 index-tabs from "General" to "Automations". I seem to remember a lot more of them in the past.
You must have hit a python error which stopped writing in the UI before it was complete.
Disable hidePythonExceptions in your civilizationIV.ini file located in your documents folder to see in game when a python error occur with error message attached.

I get all the tabs on latest version:
upload_2021-1-26_18-48-30.png

Okay, thanks. I did that and I do get this error message when I open the bug mod options screen. It doesn't tell me anything though.

Attachments

• Screenshot Python Exception.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
Okay, thanks. I did that and I do get this error message when I open the bug mod options screen. It doesn't tell me anything though.
Hmm, that's an odd one.

Edit1: Do you play the game with a non-english translation?
Edit2: Tried switching to german, and got the error now too.
Edit3: Pretty sure this character "ß" is breaking something.
Edit4: Ok, fixed the problem, pushing change to SVN now.
The character "ß" will, where necessary, be replaced with "ss".
Problem is that the exe demands that some UI functions only can accept ascii encoded text input, and the conversion to ascii failed due to some technical problem related to "ß".

Last edited:
Mmh, I am sure playing on a German computer, but I only ever play it in English?? :dunno:
I see, may be the strings related to file paths contain such characters, and that is messing up python bad at some point. Can't say for sure that the next SVN version will fix all your problems, but I know it fixed a lot of problems for players using german translation for C2C on a english language OS; I mean, all my error messages when switching C2C to german went away with the fix at least.

Is the Road to War bombing mechanics ever going to be added to C2C?

Like the ability to destroy city production, bomb ships in port, bomb city buildings (with civilian collateral damage :devil:), and fighter engagement mode (only available for fighters, basically an offensive version of intercept mode).

Is the Road to War bombing mechanics ever going to be added to C2C?

Like the ability to destroy city production, bomb ships in port, bomb city buildings (with civilian collateral damage :devil:), and fighter engagement mode (only available for fighters, basically an offensive version of intercept mode).
Isn't a lot of that already in through the RevDCM Bug Options tab? Where it's lacking, yes, I'd love to see that stuff added at some point but air mods have been the last component of combat mod design priorities given it's so late in the game relatively.

I have a question related to resources.

Is there a way to quickly find a specific resource on the map? Like, say I wanted to find a coal deposit. When I discover the tech I find out it's not definitely not within my borders but maybe it's out there on some bit of uncolonized land, or within another empires borders. Is there some way to zoom to it on the map so I know where to find it? Or at least see if another civ has it?

Top Bottom