Quill18 video May 25th

I think it would actually be cool if the Continents didn't have a static name at the beginning but would be named by its (strongest?) inhabitants somewhere during the early midgame. :>

Depends on how the game's algorithm decide what is continent. We might end up get really weird result from it. Imagine what would real-life Eurasia-Africa would be named. ;)

I think it was said that the basic ranged unit was the slinger, which had a range of 1. Archers are definitely shown in the video.

For me it is the same tune :D

Anyway, I read an article that says the music in the game will progress from simple tunes to more rich ones.

The tune in Teddy's screen definitely is different, and a more Western one. Besides, the Chinese music returns after the scene. As they said, that the music progresses over time, I guess Teddy's piece was a very simplistic early game version.

I think it was said that the basic ranged unit was the slinger, which had a range of 1. Archers are definitely shown in the video.
When I heard about combining units in civ6 I always figured archer range would be nerfed to a more map distance realistic 1 instead of 2. With the possibility of integrating a melee unit for defence. But now I'm not sure.

Top Bar: Science / Culture / Faith / Gold
Science / Culture / ??? / Faith / ??? / Great Works?

Later a right bar pop-up says Choose Civic, so not sure what that means.

I think the third one would be a "government screen" where you can change your government type and select your civics.

For the fifth icon, judging fromm this article : http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/civilization-6s-new-game-changer-features
Speaking of Great People, I unlocked a single Great Scientist during my run, and it revealed an interesting reworking of that system. One historical figure of each category is available at a time, and when you earn enough points in science, engineering, military, etc, you can either elect to recruit that great person or – if you don’t like that person’s specific bonuses – hold onto those points until someone else takes them and exposes the next Great Person in that category.

Such a system for managing great people would possibly require a dedicated screen, it looks like the fifth icon might for that.

:lol: They're hard to deffritatente... I don't care that I mispelled that at all.

The tune in Teddy's screen definitely is different, and a more Western one. Besides, the Chinese music returns after the scene. As they said, that the music progresses over time, I guess Teddy's piece was a very simplistic early game version.

Hard to hear, but it seems you are right :)

I think that the sixth one is civic cards, the top side have three triangles which I think matches the look of civic cards from the 'Early Empire' pop up.

The great person system reminds me of Civilization the board game there every GP has a special effect, and Tesla is the best one.

So psyched for CivVI after this video. :eek: Not worried about the graphics at all at this point, with the interface present and things zoomed out it looks beautiful.

Can't wait! :D

So psyched for CivVI after this video. :eek: Not worried about the graphics at all at this point, with the interface present and things zoomed out it looks beautiful.

Can't wait! :D

It looks good enough, though some textures still need more details, I think.

What do luxuries do now by the way ?

I tried to ask Quill during his livestream today but he didn't see my question.

He answered two others though! He doesn't know if there are mechanics to limit ics, and he confirmed that you do have to work districts with citizens to gain their yields.

I think the third one would be a "government screen" where you can change your government type and select your civics.

For the fifth icon, judging fromm this article : http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/civilization-6s-new-game-changer-features

Such a system for managing great people would possibly require a dedicated screen, it looks like the fifth icon might for that.

Well the "Choose Civic" popup was purple and used the culture symbol and Quill seemed to say that you spend culture on Civics there (from what I understood anyway).

Based on the icon design being that of a bust, I think you might be right about the great people.

I think the best description in the video for the UI was "powerful." Another would be robust. It seems they've thought through giving you a lot of control. I'll have to see more about the game to see just how much I like all the info given, but I at least get the feeling I won't be frustrated by not being able to do something. One complaint, I wish Wonders were grouped together, even under a separate heading or at the bottom of the buildings list.

So far, governments sound like a fascinating feature. That appears to be quite complex. I'm enjoying the Civics tree as well. I'm glad to see governments are back in the classic sense, but I like that they offer flexibility and interesting choices on top of that. It's a good combination of Civ3, Civ4, and Civ5.

Top Bottom