Resource icon

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.13

New here! I like your mod but the Pantheons feels kinda incomplete so I wanted to use it with the Real Balanced Pantheons. My problems is, I can't seem to find the file to disable the Pantheons so that they won't override each other. I try modifying Quo_Belief_Code but that didn't work and there's no option in MyOptions. Can you point me to the right location? Or the correct code to put in to disable the Pantheons? Thanks a bunch!!!

Update: OK! I was successful in editing out all the pantheons and well, more importantly, I was getting a fail to load mod due to Earth Goddess pantheon being tied to the Quo_Governors_Code file so I ended up leaving that one in there. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the mod! Really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Bug report: Playing a game as Saladin, and I'm getting multiple "All individuals of this type have already been earned" on the Great Person screen. Generals, Admirals, Scientists, Writers, Prophets--all gone. Interestingly, one and exactly one of each of those has been earned by other civs--and I got a Prophet the same turn Peter got the only other one taken. And no other Great People have been earned yet. I'm not sure if this is a mod conflict--I haven't activated any new mods from previous playthroughs, and never encountered this bug before.

EDIT: Also, Alexander doesn't have a friendship bonus listed in the diplomacy screen or Civilopedia.

Last edited:
Bug report: Playing a game as Saladin, and I'm getting multiple "All individuals of this type have already been earned" on the Great Person screen. Generals, Admirals, Scientists, Writers, Prophets--all gone. Interestingly, one and exactly one of each of those has been earned by other civs--and I got a Prophet the same turn Peter got the only other one taken. And no other Great People have been earned yet. I'm not sure if this is a mod conflict--I haven't activated any new mods from previous playthroughs, and never encountered this bug before.

EDIT: Also, Alexander doesn't have a friendship bonus listed in the diplomacy screen or Civilopedia.

Interesting. Weird. Never seen this one before. Was this the only mod running?

No, I had several others running at the same time; I tried another Saladin game just yesterday, and everything worked fine. Same mods and everything.

I can not explain it. Computers, man. Who knows?

I should note that the tech tree weirdness--unlocking future era techs early with, for example, replaceable parts--is still present.

I should note that the tech tree weirdness--unlocking future era techs early with, for example, replaceable parts--is still present.

This bug is connected to the increased tech and civic costs in this mod. I'm still trying to figure out if a fix is possible. It should be, but it's going to require some math that I'm not particularly strong in.

looking forward to how you will incorporate the upcoming patch changes, isau. this mod never fails to please.

Last edited:
isau updated Quo's Spheres of Intrigue with a new update entry:

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.6 ALPHA

This version fixes a crash to main menu when the mod is played with the Summer 2019 patch. In order to accomplish this (for now) the Beliefs edits made by this mod are removed (for now).

Features
  • Temporarily removes the modifications to Beliefs made by this mod in order to prevent crashes to desktop when played with the Summer 2019 patch

Read the rest of this update entry...

A while back I told you that when I turn off spheres that I was unable to assign any governors. And you fixed it (Thank You!)

But because I understand that the point of this mod is NOT to turn off spheres, I didn't tell you that the governors still have issues. I could appoint them, but for the first 4 or 5, I couldn't reassign them nor promote them. The next two I could appoint, reassign, and promote, but I couldn't get any more new ones. I just dealt with it.

However, when I started playing with the current version, the one with beliefs turned off (what exactly does that mean, what's missing?) the governors are working perfectly! Not sure where the conflict was but there's a relationship in there of some sort.

I think I'll keep this version for a while. LOL

However, when I started playing with the current version, the one with beliefs turned off (what exactly does that mean, what's missing?)

The changes Isau made to pantheon beliefs in previous versions were removed in this version.

Some things that I noticed that are changed in the patch that might have some impact on the mod: Canada and England both had some changes; tech tree was changed in cost and in some connections; and the way unusable great people points get changed into faith will have a pronounced effect with the Holy Site changes in the mod. That's just scratching the surface, of course.

If I could just disable the governor changes, I really liked the governors in Tweaks.

So with the recent changes to IZs, I don't think I could EVER play a Mainland Asia civ with your mod now. No IZs really hurts.

Is there any way to disable the changes made to governors? I’ve always played with combined tweaks on but with this latest version I find the duplicate governors to be too immersion breaking. I love everything else you’ve done though!

So with the recent changes to IZs, I don't think I could EVER play a Mainland Asia civ with your mod now. No IZs really hurts.

Yeah, as far as maluses go, that might be a dealbreaker at this point.

Is there any way to disable the changes made to governors? I’ve always played with combined tweaks on but with this latest version I find the duplicate governors to be too immersion breaking. I love everything else you’ve done though!

Not positive on this, but it may work. Find the Quo_Governors_Code.sql file in the Gameplay folder of the mod. Disable all the text and it will probably revert to the original governors. If it doesn't, then you'll need to reinstall, or just make a copy of the original first so you can copy it back.

I think I found another bug. The Vizier governor, at least when granted to the Mongols, can't be placed in another civilization, even though he has abilities that specifically say they work when placed in a foreign capitol.

Top Bottom