Resource icon

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.13

1) The chinese strategist unit does not work with the unit that it is stacked with. It only works with adjacent units. Not sure if bug or intended.
2) The asian biome that gives 12 tiles to the city for using a great person charge needs rework imo. Its too OP. Some great people also have 3 charges (like one great merchant that siphons territory). It also messes with china's great wall placement.

So with the recent changes to IZs, I don't think I could EVER play a Mainland Asia civ with your mod now. No IZs really hurts.
The author told me to add this to the scratchpad to make IZ available :
DELETE FROM ExcludedDistricts WHERE DistrictType='DISTRICT_INDUSTRIAL_ZONE' AND TraitType='QUO_TRAIT_BIOME_ASIAN_EXPANSE';

Hello, very nice mod you have here. As someone who really enjoyed civ 5's Vox Populi mod (and still do), I would love to see this mod do well and blow up in popularity. My hope is that this mod gets refined over time until the DLL source code gets released and the mod community can fundamentally change the AI and other things. Great work and I am really having fun with Civ 6 again after quitting for Civ 5 Vox Populi.

Do you happen to have a list of mods that are compatible with Spheres of Intrigue? There's AI+ but there's also Real AI which is a favorite of mine (since I noticed some glaring issues with AI+ regarding AI war behavior). I also am curious whether mods that change wonder and natural wonder effects are compatible since I don't notice any changes to them, as well as pantheon and religion mods and mods that change the pace of the game (like Real Tech Tree and 8 Ages of Pace). Would love to see (and even test for you) compatibility with the mods.

Does anyone know, in MyScratchPad, does the following code give the gold to all players, including AI, or just the human player?

upload_2019-12-22_21-12-33.png

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off Rome's ability to build districts before the required tech has been researched?

To the Mod author thank you for creating this Mod, because I find it hard to play Civ-VI without this MOD anymore, but I really wish I would have to research the appropriate Tech in order to build a District.

Also - The Mod at this time appears to working as it was programmed or at least I haven't seen or noticed anything wrong.

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off Rome's ability to build districts before the required tech has been researched?.

There's an option in one of the files to turn off Biomes, but that will turn off all Biome traits, not just the one you're looking for.

There's an option in one of the files to turn off Biomes, but that will turn off all Biome traits, not just the one you're looking for.

Ok, thank you for the reply. I have seen that, but I just didn't realize that was where that ability was coming from.

Is there any way to change the Sphere/Biome for Eastern Europe? Losing non-charge support units is a serious kick. I found AREX agriculture mod & Add-on - (Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1959102902. The problem is that his mod changes all ranged units after crossbowman into support units. Which means that the Eastern Europe civs lose all mid to end game ranged units. I love your mod & feel it is a must have; but Knasp (AREX) has a fantastic mod as well. I'd love to be able to Russia & have ranged units restored.

Nvm, I found the options file you had included & dropped biomes. Is there a list anywhere that gives all of the biomes & the customs? I was curious about using one of the customs.

Last edited:
Can I use Scrathpad to fully remove Cookie? I'm playing without Biomes and the extra(useless) advisor bugs me.

I've tried extracting the SQL files for the Friendship and Oases bonuses into my mod folder — this doesn't appear to have worked. Could someone direct me as to what else would need to be included to get those two aspects to work?

Almost. It removes requirements like "must be adjacent to X district" but you still have terrain requirements. So if you have to place it on a hill, you still have to place it on a hill. And even then there are some that aren't removed. Apadana still has to go next to the city center and only in your capital. But it frees up a lot of the built-in restrictions.

Also i noticed that in every game i've played with this mod someone's always in the future era by the 1800's because they get the windmill tech, which DOESN'T seem like it's meant to be that way. Anyone know about that?
EDIT: this is the third test game i've done, and on point around 1830, several civs are in the future era. I can also see that i can get the advanced AI tech, and i can't figure out when and why that unlocked for me

Last edited:
Top Bottom