1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. fdregal5912

fdregal5912 Chieftain

Attached the Lua log, was turn 37. I will restart a new game from scratch with version 28, so far I wasn't able to get the T34 let see this time

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  2. SnowHiutale

SnowHiutale Chieftain

Game crashed :help:

I am playing my first time with Greece and I notice Paris is almost captured, Game crashes the next turn... AND this has never happened to me as Soviet Union, Germany, France, etc.. Is the new update causing this or playing as Greece :confused:?

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Strange, it has crashed during the City States turn it seems, that's unusual !

Is it persistent (aka: crash at the same time if you try to reload your game) ?

log please.

4. SnowHiutale

SnowHiutale Chieftain

there you go.

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      17 KB
      Views:
  5. fdregal5912

fdregal5912 Chieftain

Yep it is consistent. I dropped my previous game and restarted a new one from scratch I tried a lower level though it doesn't affect anything much I guess, exactly and the game crashed in the same turn 37 and again after the turn of Lebanon. Attached the lua.log, I have saved couple of previous turns, I will get back to check the log in the turn before to see what's next after Lebanon...

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      94.5 KB
      Views:
  6. fdregal5912

fdregal5912 Chieftain

I tried again and the behavior is the same, no point to submit the lua.log again is exactly the same as before. BTW the files updated automatically I don't know if you uploaded an update or if it was part of the self checking of the game. Finally every time I have cleared the cache, I have validated the game files from steam, and check for any update before the trials...

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Ok, thank you for the logs. let's go next level, can both of you post a saved game (just before pressing the next button) that lead to the crash when reloaded please ?

you can use an external file hosting if the file is too big for CFC attachement.

8. fdregal5912

fdregal5912 Chieftain

there it is

Attached Files:

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thank you. Just so you don't expect a fast fix, I'll be pretty busy until the end of the week, then away for 2 weeks, so I may not post bugfix until I be back, but I'll have a look.

10. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

the main mod needs to be hardcoded to allow for:

A) Disable unit animation, i.e. enable quick combat
    B) An explaination of how the entire system of food and production works lol, cause its bloody confusing.

11. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

it seriously takes 5-10 minutes for all the ai's to take their turn. i started as italy cause its small and i can piggyback off the riech but now im regreting the choice cuase they are tremendously weak

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

A/ open option.sql with a text editor and change "('PLAY_RED_COMBAT_ANIMATIONS', 1)" to "('PLAY_RED_COMBAT_ANIMATIONS', 0)"
    B/ see "reinforcement" in second post.

I will add those things to option and civilopedia when I get more time.

13. fdregal5912

fdregal5912 Chieftain

no problem mate, we have to play at your tempo, I'll be hitting the thread iot know if you found the problem and fix it. One "last" thing, I have an update of both files every time I log in in the mods, just to let you know, maybe a Steam Workshop issue.
    cheers and thank you

14. Sefear

Sefear Chieftain

Hey my game keeps crashing after taking over Paris with Germany in the newest Steam update of the mod. I'm also unable to load any files that were saved after taking Paris. I've attached the Lua log. Thanks!

PS: I love the mod so far keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      47.3 KB
      Views:
  15. Gwynin

Gwynin Warlord

Is it a savegame from before the patch or a new game after the patch ?

My old game did the same, but the I still havent had time to start a new game :)

16. Sefear

Sefear Chieftain

I just installed the mod yesterday, so I would assume it's after the patch aha

17. SpitfireV

SpitfireV Chieftain

Hello,

First off, I love this mod. It's what I've been looking for, and is even better than the Civ IV version. Kudos to everyone involved, and I hope you will keep going with it for quite a while. I know I can think of a few more maps or scenarios, preferably the Battle of Britain :D

I just have a few questions though. I'm new to playing it, so don't laugh :p

Sometimes I get a notification, the "!", and it says there is a new project available, the Westland Whirlwind, and the other I've seen is the Avro Lancaster. I don't know what these are, and how to activate them. I don't see anything about projects when I'm playing, and am quite confused about these "projects". Again, don't laugh :D

Anyway, my other question involes the reinforcement and War Bond buildings. I've built all the factories in London, yet I can only build a Vickers Wellington as an air unit. What about my Spitfires? Does this have something to do with the War Bonds and We Need You? In order for units to heal, I have to be working on War Bonds and We Need You in some of my cities?

Well, I'm going back to playing now, maybe I'll figure it out anyway. Thanks again for a great accomplishment on your part! R.E.D is awesome!

18. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

A few things:

Played through all the campaigns, and here are some bugs:

Buildings list in the "1942" mod are truncated and dont include a bunch of higher-end buildings available for any faction; including military base, barricade, and some others. This would appear to be an error.

The Map in the 1942 is good, particularly with its attention to detail in Africa and the Pacific, but i think it could be appropriately expanded slightly to increase the height of Europe by 3-5 tiles, so as to give the "invasion plain of France/germany/poland/russia" just a little more room to wiggle. I know this would skew a lot of stuff, but the U.S. seems overdone and overpowered, while the 3rd Reich is somewhat underpowered.

the 1936 map is my favorite, because of the scale it applies to europe, but i feel like it could be a little wider in the East to deepen into russia and the middle east. at least by 7-10 tiles.

The AI just sucks. when on the offensive, they dont focus fire on single units but instead expend equal energy attacking all of my units and cities. ANd one the scale tips, i.e. when playing as Germany int he 1942, China seemed to Japan in an unacceptably quick fashion. America was slow to attack the islands but seemed to harass the navy in Indonesia, but the landforces of China had soon required the entire mainland of asia by 1944.

IT was all played on diety, but as happiness doesnt effect skill, then idk.

Is there a newer version that has the complete buildings list working for the 1942 start?

The 1939 is ok, but lack of america is a bummer.

19. abzanin

abzanin Chieftain

I'm using both mods (WWII v26 + Data Files v3), on a Macbook (within requirements), and with a CivV Campaign Edition (App Store). It's the latest G&K update. Already updated all menus and files to be able to see MODS button on a Mac and see, choose and load both mods. I start the game fine, it seems to be working fine, but one HUGE problem...all units (land, sea + air) appear as Spearmen. Already tried downloading again, reinstalling... running on the Steam version of the game... and nothing seems to fix this. Does anybody know the answer to his annoying problem? Is there a new version of Data Files v4??? Os WWII v27?? Would really appreciate any help... I absolutely love this MOD and can't wait to play it again.... tks!!

LUA LOG:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/g2c8lxf6f4t/n/Lua_log

SCREENSHOT:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/a8x5d2stiaz/n/Screen_Shot_2012-06-23_at_15_05_55_png

20. abzanin

abzanin Chieftain

@Gedemon, first off... GREAT JOB! Your scenario is a must play for any WWII fanatic! Bravo!

Being a Mac Civ 5 user, I am unable to download mods from Steam Workshop (I have to install manually to the MODS folder) and because of that, can't fix the Spearmen bug that was fixed with version 271 of your mod. Could you upload the latest version 28 somewhere so us Mac users could enjoy a bit more of these wonderful scenarios? Tks!!