R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

let's hop they'll fix this soon... try deleting your cache folder and restart the game.

Well I haven't found a way to make the download from steam workshop to work. Maybe is not too much to ask for a link in this thread meanwhile the put everything up and running? such a way if you want to play the old version you can go to CFC Database otherwise you can go those links... otherwise is not possible to play for the incautious ones who upgraded the game :(

I've no time to revert my dev version, so if someone can repack it's folder and post a link here it will help.

I'm really curious on why so much people failed to download from steam... But usually it's the big pack they don't get, here you can't get the small one ?

you got to go back to the mods it is automatic just look
if you suscribe you got it

OK the trick is to suscribe from the Get Mods option inside the game, if you do that just from the steam account do not download the mod. I got it now thanks for the help

Gedemon I have kinda given up on making the mod run correctly. However, I'm wondering how did you change the combat mechanics in the mod (i.e. how each unit is now divisions and such) Was it in another mod or did you develop it yourself?

What you mean exactly by "division" ? the symbols ? the unit's number of models ? Hitpoints value ?

I Have made the combat mechanism/change, the units formation, adapted unit symbols from NATO table,done some of the 2D art, and coded everything together.

danrell have made/converted all 3D units models and T_Commanderbly have done 2 scenarios and some 2D art.

Full credits in first post.

Strange, does it happens in hotseat mod or normal game ?

In the first or second post of the development thread, I've listed all things needed for a new civs.

For Finland we have units and speech, we still lack texts and 2D art (loading and diplo screen).

I see this has been reported previosly but I try to explain it a bit more. Naval combat works fine, exept when enemy Battleship/Cruiser attacks my Battleship/Cruiser. Enemy unit damages me and then my unit his, like it should. BUT THEN: It keeps repeating and stops until either my or his unit is destroyed, this takes about 1-2 minutes and this all happens in the same turn.

And for the Finland, I know Finnish history (I am a Finn), so I would like to see how much you have proceeded and recommend something else if it doesn't match or sounds ridiculous.

So you have the units, the unit names and the specialization/bonus they get decided? And I would like to see what kind of speech is it, what has been chosen :D

What kind of texts do you lack?

I could find some propaganda pictures and models for designing the 2D art ;)

I can't reproduce the battleship/cruiser bug on my development version, can you send me a savegame where you are about to attack one naval ship that show this behavior please ?

Maybe a change I've made in my version is indirectly preventing the bug, if so I'll post the dev version on steam immediately, that would be my fastest bugfix ever.

Else the save will help me to find what's wrong.

About inclusion of Finland, see the development thread here, first or second post on first page list the prerequisite for a new nation, last pages are about what's already available for Finland, thanks !

it's blocked in current version, next one will fix that.

I can't reproduce the battleship/cruiser bug on my development version, can you send me a savegame where you are about to attack one naval ship that show this behavior please ?

Maybe a change I've made in my version is indirectly preventing the bug, if so I'll post the dev version on steam immediately, that would be my fastest bugfix ever.

Else the save will help me to find what's wrong.

My file size exeeds this forums limit :sad: (forum limit: 2MB, my file size: 2.44MB)
So where should I upload it to?

It shows how British naval unit just attacks and attacks to my ship... + there is the nice behaviour of planes attacking city which has 0hp left :D

thank you, I'll look at it.

New version available, just click update on the mod line in game. (the update button may take a few seconds to appears when in the mod menu)

v.28 (Jun 17, 2012):
- Added : correct diplo scene for China and Japan.
- Bugfix : can set handicap correctly on all scenario.
- Bugfix : removed feature allowing capture tiles only with units, not with cities on Stalingrad map (broken by the patch)
- Bugfix : Naval counter-attack should work as intended (was broken by the patch)

What you mean exactly by "division" ? the symbols ? the unit's number of models ? Hitpoints value ?

I Have made the combat mechanism/change, the units formation, adapted unit symbols from NATO table,done some of the 2D art, and coded everything together.

danrell have made/converted all 3D units models and T_Commanderbly have done 2 scenarios and some 2D art.

Full credits in first post.

I meant the symbols, combat mechanism, and the hitpoint values. I'm wondering if you can release those in a seperate mod, so that people can play your style of combat mechanics in other maps. Thanks.

Version 27 game crashed in turn 30 after the update, strange nothing in particular happened. scripts off. Scenario 39-45 playing as USSR crashed during Germany turn. Maybe Fall of France no matter what? Brussels was down, Netherlands also, and Reims city was down, Norway was on the way. So that's my better guess but I promise script was off. I'll try again and will try to get a lua file for you.

Is there a way to play this with other mods, meaning is there a way to bypass the mod selection error and keep it from scanning for other active mods? I just want to mess around with the mod for my own personal use.

Top Bottom