R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

On the fall of Warsaw, 1 french division (Free Polish Army) appears in France, 2 English divisions (Free Polish Army) should appear in Africa and a Spitfire (303) appears in london.

As germany, in the 1939 senario, 38 turns in i couldnt do anymore researches (operation seelowe and junker ju 88c design. Was currently researching both). Can't figure out why this is.
I suppose the reason operation Seelowe is not researching is because france isnt defeated yet( has one city in africa left) but I still dont understand why the junkers stopped researching

I want to suggest to increase the visibility of carriers to 5-8 fields to display the fact of air enlightenment. This would make them also much more useful and would display their incredibly overpowered strength as surface vessel.

I would also suggest to change the requirements of aircraft promotions vs sea units. It should be available like the promotion for +attack strength vs land units. This would also save you more unit slots because you don't need to implement torpedo bombers or so and will give aircrafts a better strength vs ships.

Greetz,
Kelestra

I took out France's last city but they haven't been defeated. Should this happen? Also I took out Switzerland but it didn't give me any notifications that Switzerland had been defeated.

You killed the swiss? Alternate History?

I took out France's last city but they haven't been defeated. Should this happen? Also I took out Switzerland but it didn't give me any notifications that Switzerland had been defeated.

I think the mod has Complete kills enabled, but don't quote me on that.

thank destroyers and assualt guns should get asmall bonus attacking tanks and be cheaper to build than tanks, but should be weak as heck when attacked. . .most don't hace mush of a radial turret.

thank destroyers and assualt guns should get asmall bonus attacking tanks and be cheaper to build than tanks, but should be weak as heck when attacked. . .most don't hace mush of a radial turret.

No, 50% is a good bonus and they were made for city defense!

No, 50% is a good bonus and they were made for city defense!

Really? I thought they were made a s a cheaper way to destroy enemy tanks on the chasis of existing tanks. . .Assualt Guns kind of the same right? It is like artillery but with tracks and an engine. Am I missing something here?

Really? I thought they were made a s a cheaper way to destroy enemy tanks on the chasis of existing tanks. . .Assualt Guns kind of the same right? It is like artillery but with tracks and an engine. Am I missing something here?

There are very different type of Tank Destroyers.

The first models of light tank destroyer will be very vulnerable to infantry units, later models had a very decent protection against tank (but will keep a penalty against infantry, because of lack of mobility).

They were mainly used in ambuscade, so I may give them a penalty on attack, or make them defensive only.

I will also make a difference between mobile artillery and real assault guns.

My dad told me (polish dad, mind you) that they were used mainly in street-street fighting.
EDIT: Defensive only is fine!

Hello Gedemon,

First and foremost I take my hat off to you sir. The first time I played Civilization was Civilization II and the WWII scenarios that existed then. I was glad to find your work when revisiting the game again some years later. Your R.E.D. MOD is a work of art pure and simple. Thank you. You should be earning loads of money working for a games company if you are not already.

I have one idea, although how feasible it actually is I am unsure given that I have no experience or skill with computer coding/programming. On youtube there is video of the RED mod being played with historically appropriate black and white footage comming up at the right moment. This was added later but how cool would this be during game play? If u get a clip of say the Nazis marching through the arc d'triumph after Paris falls. Or black and white footage of London in flames when you bomb it. Is it possible to write a script which loads a video to play at the right moment? I feel it would add to the feel of the game immersing the player. As I said I don't know how easy this would be because I'm not any good at coding/programming.

Thanks for the sweet mod

Further to my last post, there are so many iconic images and news reels that are short in duration from this time that could pop up at the right moment. I.e. the Rosevelt speech "this day will live in infamy" when the japs sneak attack Pearl Harbour. Or even newspaper headlines that flash up?

Thanks.

I don't think we can add videos without extensive coding, but pictures, yes, and T_KCommanderbly is already working on this, and I do agree it will add to the immersion.

Further to my last post, there are so many iconic images and news reels that are short in duration from this time that could pop up at the right moment. I.e. the Rosevelt speech "this day will live in infamy" when the japs sneak attack Pearl Harbour. Or even newspaper headlines that flash up?

A voice should give the we shall never surrender quote from churchill to the the British when France falls!

Pillbox bunkers should be units that workers can build. And they also need ranged attacks, otherwise people just walk around them!

Top Bottom