R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Also, Spain should be friendly with Germany and Italy, and Sweden should be friendly with everyone.

Spain is protected by Germany/Italy (meaning someone attack Spain: Germany/Italy declare war against the aggressor, and Spain become allied with the Axis)

Sweden is already friend with everyone.

Spain is protected by Germany/Italy (meaning someone attack Spain: Germany/Italy declare war against the aggressor, and Spain become allied with the Axis)

Sweden is already friend with everyone.

*Facepalm* I should have checked with Sweden :lol:

@Gedemon:
Do you it is possible to convince Spain (and/or other nations) to take part in the war? I imagine the situation that some states, eg Spain would be active on one of the major sites in the wwII. Imagine Spain on the Axis site would turn the tide. Nazis tried that afaik but weren't successfull. Atm there's no wa to convince Spain as an Axis/Allied player to fight on their side. Anything planned in this direction?

So can any one do a reskin of the Spitfire IX and M4 firefly for France, so they are useful past 1941?

So can any one do a reskin of the Spitfire IX and M4 firefly for France, so they are useful past 1941?

I'd prefer a reskin of the Dewoitine D-520 to represent a D-560.

Also a reskin of the S-35 to represent the Somua S-40, maybe with a 3D edit for a fictional S-41 or S-42 with a larger gun.

@Gedemon:
Do you it is possible to convince Spain (and/or other nations) to take part in the war? I imagine the situation that some states, eg Spain would be active on one of the major sites in the wwII. Imagine Spain on the Axis site would turn the tide. Nazis tried that afaik but weren't successfull. Atm there's no wa to convince Spain as an Axis/Allied player to fight on their side. Anything planned in this direction?

what I'd like is a more dynamic calendar than the current one.

and yes, mission to make a CS join your side would be nice too.

but the core features and bug fixing got priority ATM :D

The D-560? That was a prototype made in 1932. You must mean something else, right?

yes something else :D

Spoiler :

see here (search for D.551)

But we can use D.521, D.525, D.530 or any other project derived from the D.520...

yes something else :D

Spoiler :

see here (search for D.551)

But we can use D.521, D.525, D.530 or any other project derived from the D.520...
To bad its in french, I can't read it :cry: But I can't see this being more than 48:c5strength:, which would make the Spitfire IX nessesary.

Rough translation:

*The picture is a montage. This nice plane did not, unfortunately, fly.*

Rough translation:

*The picture is a montage. This nice plane did not, unfortunately, fly.*

Thanks :goodjob: As for the P-51, that could work to, French forces used both.

speaking of the P-51, it should get as much range as heavy bombers, right?

Yes, and P-38, F4U (after war), B-25...

If I had the possibility to add planes that were in late or early development at the time of the fall of France, the Arsenal VG33, Arsenal VG60, Dewoitine SE 580 or the Arsenal VB-10 would file the french projects timeline up to 1945...

Hey Gedemon would you use this :)

Spoiler :

I'll touch it up but I don't know if you had your own plan for having events popping up

and does anyone know if I can add my own quote or is that not possible at the moment? because if I could I would add battle sounds and I havn't checked but think its possible to animate the screen so it shakes or something which might just be wishful thinking...

Yes, I would use this :goodjob:

It's something planned, but I've not code anything this way yet, so if you've started work on it, I'll follow.

You can't add new sounds, but you can replace existing speech (even if there is a bug with the starting speeches currently), so maybe you can also replace the tech quotes.

And you can animate screens, see whoward69 UI tutorials.

Air warfare is rubbish! Interceptions do so little damage!

Air warfare is rubbish! Interceptions do so little damage!

I think defending against that misconception will be the first thing I'll put in the F.A.Q.

If I found the time to write it, that is. :D

Speaking of interceptions, fighters should take varying degrees of damage when intercepting bombers. heavy bombers should inflict most, then medium bombers, then fast bombers, then dive bombers

I'm having a load of German bombers smashing me and my fighters hardly do anything!

they get XP and they drain enemy resources used to heal the bombers each turn.

Top Bottom