R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

I dont really agree with Skibbi about the air combat being lacking, but it does seem like atleast France and Brittain focus very much on air power early on.

Then again my slow ass still has not gotten around to trying the latest beta, so I'll keep my final judgement private untill such a time :)

The fall of Poland should make Russia make peace with Poland, a few british polish infantry units appear in england (and a few spitfires) and population in London increases.
Also, Russia should get some polish infantry.

I think the Hawker Hurricane should be in the mod. It was the only fighter avalable to England from 1936 to 1938. During the Battle of Britain, 2/3s of the British fighters were Hurricanes, and they accounted for 57% of Luftwaffe losses during the battle. It was also used by the Soviet Union, Finland, and Romania. The Soviets should also get P-40s as well as Hurricanes via convoys.

Spitfire - +25% :c5strength: vs fighters/attack aircraft
Hurricane - +25% :C5strength: vs bomber

I think the Hawker Hurricane should be in the mod. It was the only fighter avalable to England from 1936 to 1938. During the Battle of Britain, 2/3s of the British fighters were Hurricanes, and they accounted for 57% of Luftwaffe losses during the battle. It was also used by the Soviet Union, Finland, and Romania. The Soviets should also get P-40s as well as Hurricanes via convoys.

Hurricane is the first fighter-bomber for U.K., I'm waiting for a fix the unit limit to introduce it. See the spreadsheet for all planned units and statistics...

Hurricane is the first fighter-bomber for U.K., I'm waiting for a fix the unit limit to introduce it. See the spreadsheet for all planned units and statistics...

Ah, would the Fw-190 be the German fighter-bomber by any chance?

yes, it will be re-affected to this role when the other fighter-bombers are added.

So P-47 for US, and P-39 for Russia, perhaps?

see the spreadsheet (link in first page) ;)

I think it would be useful if the player could see how much XP overall a unit has, and how much is needed until the next evolution of that unit (for example, 107XP/500XP to T-34/76)

I think it would be useful if the player could see how much XP overall a unit has, and how much is needed until the next evolution of that unit (for example, 107XP/500XP to T-34/76)

I agree, now that I'll wait for the DLL, maybe the UI can be updated a bit.

I'd also like to change the city screen to reflect the local reinforcement production...

A major issue for minor nations would be, for example, if Germany competes the BF-109F all of Germany's allies that used BF-109s (I.E. Romania, Finland, Hungary, Bulgaria) would still have the E model. This could apply to any minor nation that uses equipment from other nations. One solution would be to have the minor nation be able to constuct the new unit when the major nation finishes the project. A solution I think would be more realistic, would be to have something similar to a project, requiring the same buildings, where the minor nation aquires the ability to build the new unit under lisense, and then they can upgrade thier units (Given material is avalable, of course)

A battle of Berlin scenario inside berlin with flak towers as objectives would be good!

A battle of Berlin scenario inside berlin with flak towers as objectives would be good!

We would need more units (King tiger, Me-262, Katyusha, ete)

On the excel sheet, it has King Tiger listed. We may also need the P1500 MONSTER!

Despite the scenario is closer to real history imo it would be more human interesting if small nations are given to the major nation ie Egypt and Middle East to UK, Algeria, etc. to France, Slovakia and the rest of the Nazi block to Germany (in the proper time I mean) in the spirit to decrease the use of memory to favor more units.

I would add markets for more of the cities, also to allow more units :) but can be used to gauge the balance.

And finally I think MkIII should have more strength than MkII? The two versions of the crusader tank show MkII strength 47 and MkIII strength 45, is that correct?

Having a lot of fun Gedemon, thanks for the hard work :goodjob:

Then I suppose, Algeria becomes a minor civ (except Siddi Bell Abbes) when paris is captured!

As germany, in the 1939 senario, 38 turns in i couldnt do anymore researches (operation seelowe and junker ju 88c design. Was currently researching both). Can't figure out why this is.

Top Bottom