R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

it shows the maximum number that could be used in "ideal" conditions. Here you have even less materiel to reinforce your troops, the reinforcement process is stopped before all needed personnel could be used.

I'm not sure if it should take that into account, or if it should stay as it is to warn you that even if you manage to get (much) more materiel, there will be a lack of personnel.

Ahh so the personal isn't being used because there isn't enough material to go along with the personal and actually reinforce troops?

Exactly, and a big incentive to use more infantry and be careful on how you use your material intensive units!

What determines priority as far as where sparse materials are allocated?

Could you please move my original post and the ones that follow it to a new thread since this is not a bug?

Thanks!

at the beginning of each player turn, a list of damaged units is made (from most damaged to less) and it loops on that list, giving each unit 1 HP at each iteration if there is enough materiel/personnel to heal that HP, up to 5 iterations (5HP max healed each turn).

Things I really want are trench improvements (yes, they did use them, on the eastern front), maginot fortifications, metaxas fortifications, flak towers, poland and polish cavalry!
And I've noticed that cities can't fire but can fight when attacked, is this supposed to be house-to-house fighting?

75% defensive bonus looks like entrancement for me :D

engineers will allow trench (aka fort) construction.

Things I really want are trench improvements (yes, they did use them, on the eastern front), maginot fortifications, metaxas fortifications, flak towers, poland and polish cavalry!
house-to-house fighting?

I'm surprised you didn't mention the Atlantic Wall. :)

Is it possible to have a notice appear that the country I am controlling has declared war on another country? For example, right now, the only way that I, as Germany, know that I have declared war on Poland is by the notice that Slovakia has declared war on Poland. Maybe a cut screen that shows a news clipping like this front page:

http://www.nwwone.org/world-war/wor...r-2-germany-invades-poland39_280616459097.jpg

Further to my question about Vichy, something that would be a nice (I'm hoping easy) fix in the meantime would be to change the ownership of a tile north of Bordeaux. If the one tile that cuts off Bordeaux from La Rochelle were flipped to German controlled instead of Vichy after the Fall of Paris event then it would be possible to get units in out of the area around Bordeaux without embarking. In the attached screenshot I landed some units there to clear out the Germans and capture the city, but because I have the embark from harbors setting turned on my units can't get out. Plus it adds an extra bit of historical accuracy, since the German occupied zone of France included the entire Atlantic coast.

Attachments

• Bordeaux.JPG
    Bordeaux.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 133
Is it possible to have a notice appear that the country I am controlling has declared war on another country? For example, right now, the only way that I, as Germany, know that I have declared war on Poland is by the notice that Slovakia has declared war on Poland. Maybe a cut screen that shows a news clipping like this front page:

http://www.nwwone.org/world-war/wor...r-2-germany-invades-poland39_280616459097.jpg
See T_KCommanderbly latest posts in the development thread :)

Further to my question about Vichy, something that would be a nice (I'm hoping easy) fix in the meantime would be to change the ownership of a tile north of Bordeaux. If the one tile that cuts off Bordeaux from La Rochelle were flipped to German controlled instead of Vichy after the Fall of Paris event then it would be possible to get units in out of the area around Bordeaux without embarking. In the attached screenshot I landed some units there to clear out the Germans and capture the city, but because I have the embark from harbors setting turned on my units can't get out. Plus it adds an extra bit of historical accuracy, since the German occupied zone of France included the entire Atlantic coast.

this tile should have been German after fall of France :confused:

maybe a bug with the new tile "control line" mechanism.

Something I've been thinking about is that Paratroopers are very expensive (x2 infantry), but they only get a +6 strength over infantry and the paradrop ability. I don't think this bonus out weighs the cost, so here are a few possible options I've come up with that you may want to consider:

1) Paratroopers do not suffer from "supply line is cut" penalties (probably the least favourable as it is quite powerful).

2) Paratroopers only suffer from half of "supply line is cut" penalties (perhaps through a free promotion).

3) Paratroopers do not suffer from "supply line is cut" penalties for the first turn they are unsupplied (not sure how doable this is).

4) Paratroopers are able to make an attack upon landing (this way they do not suffer from the -25% for their first attack.

it's already 1/ (not combat penalties, but they still don't reinforce when the supply line is cut)

it's already 1/ (not combat penalties, but they still don't reinforce when the supply line is cut)

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by 1/.

"1) Paratroopers do not suffer from "supply line is cut" penalties"

"1) Paratroopers do not suffer from "supply line is cut" penalties"

My bad. I misread the Light Equipment penalty that paratroopers suffer from, and thought it was from the lack of supply.

I think full alt history is planned, but it's not in ATM.

I tried the giant Earth map because I want all nations involved, but the problem with that is.. I like normal combat (not quick combat) but to see Russia and Germany etc do every turn.. It takes so long that I just practically have to wait 10 minutes and then it crashes usually too. Any way to skip the combat of other players but my own?

Edit: Any way to decrease the beta map from crashing as much? The crash in itself isn't so bad, but the long loading and having to re-enable the mod each time can stretch out time.

If you have not tried already, place the game in strategic mode before passing your turn.
I normally do this and it makes the AIs turn go much faster as all the looping plane animations are skipped.

Top Bottom