1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. kennyboy000

kennyboy000 Chieftain

Ohh! Thank you! That seems nice.

And thanks to the guy answering about Italy too.

2. Gwynin

Gwynin Warlord

I'm fairly sure that doing that is a very poor workaround, as far as I remember it ruins/breaks alot of the features of the mod.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It should be safe since the DLL version of the mod.

4. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Just a question, is France the only nation getting partisan units? The Soviets had quite a few of them, as did Yugoslavia, but are those planned?

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

planned but nothing coded ATM.

"+50% chance of partisan units spawning..." is different than "50% chance of partisan units spawning...", that means +50% from other nations value ;)

6. kennyboy000

kennyboy000 Chieftain

They fought me to Paris now as I am France and am finally loosing, it's almost 1941.. And no Partisans yet D;

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yep, no partisan unit coded at this moment, even for France.

8. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

As France, with closed minor civ borders, I help off a German attack by building a line of tanks and infantry around Strasburg, as you can tell, this wouldn't last long! After the line was breached, Paris fell rather quickly (this was v31 when I could play it). I think that France should have maginot fortifications and much larger army! Because, they had 86 divisions, England had 9 and Germany had 72. I think that this way, Germany will not invade france until may10 1940.

9. Achille44

Achille44 Chieftain

I agree with that, but only if the player is on the axis side, because the difficulty is fairly balanced french side.
    I mean when you are playing with France (or England) you must have a lot of difficulty to defend France, to be more realistic.
    So we don't need more units on the allied side.

And I have a suggestion for the upgradable units : could you add the possibility to buy the upgrade for units with gold once the project is finished, in addition to upgrade them with material ?
    Because generally when I have a new upgrade for my units, I don't have material, and the AI neither, and it's a little annoying to see only BF109E and Spitfire mkII in 1943/1944.

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

That's exactly how I plan it :)

I may give priority to upgrading on healing, or (better) allow the player to change the priority on materiel use at some point, but then I need a small user interface for that.

11. gargoyle575

gargoyle575 Chieftain

Is it possible to add a feature that can toggle reinforcements for a unit, because sometimes I need certain units (especially air force) to heal as quickly as possible but other units are hogging the material.

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

planned too.

13. yope_friedman

yope_friedman Chieftain

@Gedemon

I know this is WWII thread but is it possible to add some other maps?

I really like the games concepts

-Ressuply(with man et materials)
    -Predefined city size and placement and the no city builder/worker(no raze city)
    -Conquering tiles by moving units over them(some units can and others cant)
    -Units needing to be connected to an ally city to get ressuply and fight without penalties

I m unsure if it s a hard thing to use your base scripts to make other maps a this point.
    But you ve got nice dynamics and I would LOVE to play other maps using those.
    Nothing historical. Only a nice map(one or more) to play with differents factions and their units.
    If you can manage the units animations, maybe a completely different univers?

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I may add scenarios for different eras, either as a new mod, like, say, a "R.E.D. Storm Rising" mod :drool:, or I'll extend this one and rename it "R.E.D. Wargame Edition" with all scenarios

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

16. kennyboy000

kennyboy000 Chieftain

Seriously, Gedemon.. Earth 1939, Europe & America, and-- well, I haven't tried Stalingrad or Earth 1940, but.. Everything after I end my turn on October 10th so going to October 20th of 1939 the game crashes..Any ideas?

Edit: For once, I got to October 20th and going on then it crashes all the time. Europe & America.

Edit2: I played as UK again after the fine gentleman a few posts above said that I had to verify my Steam cache of the game to get to see France as UK, but it's still a permanent fog of war and I can't do anything like that.. What do I do? :/

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

doesn't exist.

alpha version, not supported.

try it, if it crash, then there is a problem on your side.

doesn't exist.

If you're referring to earth 1942, the size of the map make it instable, you MUST have 8GB memory and 4 cores CPU on 64 bits OS. And even with that, expect random crash at some point, so use auto-save.

Europe 39/45 or Stalingrad.

Save/reload fix it every time for me. If not, then there is only Stalingrad for you until I find out what have caused that bug in the last release.

18. starkhorn

starkhorn Chieftain

Hey save/reload didn't but instead clearing cache folder and checking mod folder. As per below, try it.

Delete the content of your game cache folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\)

Make sure you don't have multiple version of R.E.D. WWII Edition and R.E.D. WWII DataFiles in your mod folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS), multiple versions installed may cause bugs, even when only one is activated. Just keep the most recent version of both part.

Start and load game and see if fog is gone.

19. kennyboy000

kennyboy000 Chieftain

Thank you Stark, I'll try that next time. Also.. Gedemon, doesn't exist? The 1940 I was reffering to 42, yes.. And there /IS/ an Earth 39 in my game. I have all nations possible in it, Greece, Italy, Germany, UK, US, France, Japan, China, and Russia. Every single thing that starts out in 39 seems to crash at the time I said. I'm trying to help, I'm not trying to bash. :s

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Well, I assure you there is no 1939 earth map in the mod :D

there is a 1936 one, and if you're referring to it, it's an alpha version. As I've said multiple time, there is no support yet for the alpha maps, that's why they are flagged in red/orange on the selection screen, they are in for test purpose.

The next release of the mod will have new versions of those map, and there will be beta testing before release, so hopefully some of the actual alpha maps will be playable. Having to beta test the maps (and the new unit initialization system) means that this release will not be available *soon*.

BUT even then, you'll have to keep in mind that giant maps stability can never be assured, they are way above the maximum size fixed by the game. Depending on your hardware, you'll get more or less crash, so save often on those map, and activate both the game and the mod auto-save.