Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.
Well old save games work with the new update ?
Awesome mod btw
Captured Kiel and the germans had a submarine in it, that submarine is now in Magdeburg, which looks a bit ridicilous... perhaps have sea units move to nearest sea tile instead of nearest city on city capture
As a general rule, finish your old game before updating, I can't guarantee save compatibility between each new version.
The navy retreat from cities is in my to do list, yes.
What happens to all my Italian aircraft in what will become Vichy cities when the Vichy event fires? Do they redeploy back to Italy?
Since v.9 they all should redeploy to your nearest city (could be Nice), yes.
Gedemon I made a smaller european map to play on, how can I load it with your mod? Want to see if it will improve my speed inbetween turns =)
adding a scenario is doable, but require some Lua knowledge, there's a quick "how to" in the development thread.
Changing only the map can be done, but then you'll have also a lot of Lua editing to do, because the current scenario script refers to map coordinate for initial unit placement and scripted events as "fall of ..."
Hello Gedemon, I tried this scenario and it's awesome !! I enjoy the unique units, and the combats are more realistic now, it's great! But for the moment I just tried France and Britain (and i have not finished one game yet...)
But I have some suggestions to improve this mod :
1. All the infantry units are the same, they have all the same strength, the same health, and I think it would be nice to have differents infantry units for each nation. for exemple more strength for german infantry, and less for russians...
2. At the start, french have some "foreign legion" in their colonies, but I'm not sure you know exactly what the foreign legion is... It's not an unit that specifically fight in the colonies and which is weak. It's an elite unit, composed of soldiers who are not french. So it would be better if the "foreign legion" would be more powerful than the other french infantry units. And is it possible to produce foreign legion in the cities?
3. I saw a bug with some of my tanks units (tank B1 and AMR 36) : when I attack a german tank, the enemy bonus become bonus for my own tank . It's only with my tanks and against other tanks, but there is not always this bug... Look at the screenshot in attachments (sorry but the game is in french...)
4. I'm just at the turn 43 for the moment in my game with france, but I think that is not hard enough for the french (I just lost Strasbourg and I can help Belgium and Nederlands, and I play in deity), and I think it would be better if the french cities produce slower. Or maybe I'm wrong and the difficulty comes later...
5. I think there are not enough fights in the north Afrika, maybe you could add more units for each nation in the sector...
6. In v8 I had a permanent alliance with Great Britain early, but with v9 i'm at the turn 43 and i have not yet permanent alliance, so it comes later or it's a bug??
7. The AI doesn't know how to use the planes, but I don't know if you can change that.
8. The AI is not agressive with his ships : when I find german or italian ships and I start to fight with them, they withdraw or they let themselves be surrounded.
9. Could you remove some mountain tiles in the south East of France? Because I see Italians have an army ready to invade me but they can't do anything with just one tile to attack Nice... And if Italy tried to invade france it would be harder, and so better for me
I hope it will be useful. Continue to do a good job by improving this mod, because it's fantastic!!
(and sorry if I have a bad english, I hope every body can understand what I have written )
Just wondering, but is it a bug or working as intended that planes on intercept duty dont earn xp ?
thanks for the comments
1/ maybe, but I don't plan it for the moment, the infantry is the base common unit, there will be a lot more units to be added that will be specific to each nation, giving more differences in gameplay.
2/ yes, the Legion will be an elite unit, but I haven't coded some of the future bonus promotion that I plan for those kind of units. It's a test unit for future elite troops: smaller in size (regiment against division) and carrying lighter weapons (weak against armor/air), but are better than infantry when fighting another gun unit (ie: infantry, mechanized infantry), have already some powerful promotion (ignore movement cost, 3 moves), and will have some others (including paradrop, invisible on wood/jungle, sabotage, sniper, ...)
3/ there are some "negative bonus", I may take the time to add a check before displaying the texts here, but the vanilla game doesn't understand "-25% against armor" as a penalty, and show it as a "bonus" of -25%... The calculation are right, and the color shown rightly whose the bonus is for.
In the first picture the german light tank as a penalty of 10% in defense because it supply line is cut, the second one also show the -25% penalty against armor for all light tank units.
4/ seems that Germany has gone for Poland first in your game, maybe some of it's units are still there. Depending of the game, it may goes at you with all units after the declaration of war, and then you'll have some fights to defend Paris with only your starting units...
5/ yes, planned
6/ maybe a bug, I'll have a look
7/ we'll see, I hope too
8/ rhettrongun suggestion has helped a bit, the naval counter-attack mod too, bu I'll see if something more can be done, yes.
9/ you're not the first one to suggest that, I'll test a change for v.10 with one mountain tile changed to hill so that Nice could be attacked by 2 positions.
it's a vanilla thing, I hope to change that in v.10
Thanks for the url, should have seen that myself =)
Wouldn't it be possible to remove those scripted events and just add permanent war betweem team 1 (allies) and team 2 (axis)? And initial unit placement could be done through the world builder no?
Yes you can do that, but it will still require a minimum of editing.
edit: but the problem with a WB placement is that if you add new units to the mod (and I will), it may totally mess the WB placement (switch unit types)
Thank you for the answers gedemon I'm waiting for the next versions anxiously
For those who play as allies, did you see sometimes germans invade the Denmark?? Because in my games, they sometimes bomb Denmark with their planes but they never send troops to take control of the cities
The germans have taken aalborg in my games but never copenhagen... and they never attacked norway either.
They did try to invade the UK though after they took Paris, I believe they almost took London before they declared me (I was playing as USSR)
It´s me again. I´ve uninstalled the whole game, installed it again and steam installed the latest patch. I attack an enemy unit, crash! Doesn´t anybody have any suggestions? I mean, can this be possible? The data of the game can´t be corrupt, because of the new installation. You can all play the mod, but i´m not able to. Do you use DLC-Stuff or what? I don´t have any DLC. Please help.
Well it sounds like the animations are making the crash on your computer... Do regular vannila civ animations work?
if you could use the lua console and post what it says (which I think you already did but do it again), it would help us understand.
But your case does seem really wierd...
Oh Champ, we feel so bad for you. Hope you get it installed soon.
Just find this MOD. Great job of rebuilding CiV
There are a lot of "unknown" cities in USSR, but there is no Sevastopol or Kerch.
Samara is not correct name for USSR-era - it should be Kujbyshev.
Mihailovka should be changed to Millerovo as it means more for battle for Stalingrad.
Very common mistake ones again
There should be rail-road from Misk to Brest-Litovsk.
And Bug river should flow in the west and north of Brest-Litovsk, not south and east like now.
There were a lot of fortifications that time.
I guess it'll be nice if you add some (Fortification areas near Minsk, Kiev, Brest, Mannergeim line)... with changing game art for citadel.
IMO units are too healthy, they are as fat as butter!
It takes too much time to destroy something even with help of artillery and bombers... or they are too weak
Construction price for infantry is too big. These is no sense for making this unit.
I suggest to reduce cities strength or remove it for free capturing if there is no garrison.
That will increase speed of Blitzkrig.
To the point of Blitzkrig.
I ran some test saves for USSR.
Poor Adolf is not able to capture even Denmark... it's December of 1941...
There should be some script for USSR-Finland war which contains end date for war and changes in territory... guess you have got such plans.
Now AI attacks Murmansk and there are no finnish units on Karelian neck.
USSR-Iran "war". Are there british units from other side of Iran?
So these are quick overview of my tests.
thank you, I'll make some correction to the map
About units, the game is more centered on territory gain/lose with the retreat feature than on unit destruction. Of course you should kill enemy units every time you can, but it's not mandatory, you win the war first by attrition, removing the other nation capacity to reinforce it's unit, then by wearing the survivors down.
About cities, I was thinking that they were already too easy to conquer, and I'm adding heavy bombers to v.10...
And yes, there are more script planned, but those are time consumming (and prone to bug) so they'll be added slowly.
I agree infantery is a bit too expensive, the only reason I train infantery in my current game is lack of material...
Separate names with a comma.