1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Gedemon, Aug 15, 2011.

1. bradley101

bradley101 Chieftain

Could you change the convoy so it cant take up supply? It is really annoying losing 6-8 supply to convoys.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

it's already in the beta.

3. sonihi

sonihi Chieftain

I think that constant bombardment of a city should weaken it.

4. SuperWarriorPL

SuperWarriorPL Chieftain

It may be a little dumb suggestion, but is there any possiblity to make Poland a civilization? There are huge countries like USA and Germany in 1943, but there is Greece too.

5. StarWars9870

StarWars9870 Chieftain

so I may be a noob and not realizing something, but I'm playing as America in the 36-45 world version. None of the troops I make have the embarkment ability, so they can't go into water. How do I transport them to europe and asia? lol

I really feel like I'm just missing something but I can't seem to figure it out...

6. Rumbro

Rumbro Chieftain

@ Starwars9870 Units need to be adjacent to a city with the 'harbor' in it. When they are adjacent they can embark.

7. DEathgod65

DEathgod65 Chieftain

Will Mountain Troops be included? Units such as the 10th Mountain, the Gebirgsjäger and the Alpini. They could be Infantry Divisions that have an immediate +1 rough terrain promotion and no move penalty in rough terrain.

8. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

I agree with you there.
    Under better strategies, Poland could have made a difference.
    Also, after the fall of Warsaw, Poland and Russia should make peace.

9. SuperWarriorPL

SuperWarriorPL Chieftain

Well, it will be little problems with leader of nation. It can be Ignacy Mościcki http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignacy_Mo%C5%9Bcicki or Polish Presidents in Exile.
    No, they should make peace in June 1941, when III Reich attacked Russia, and Russia "joined" to Allies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territories_of_Poland_annexed_by_the_Soviet_Union

10. Wolfgang.Ferber

Wolfgang.Ferber Chieftain

Im sorry but i cant see the download link :(

11. Rumbro

Rumbro Chieftain

I have another suggestion that should be incorporated. It regards the game play of fixed historical events on WWII Europe map. June 26th 1940 The U.S.S.R. should annex part of Romanian territory Bessarabia which on this map should just be the one Romanian city (and the area around it). This could be a new 'city-state' allied with U.S.S.R. or just incorporated into U.S.S.R. At the same time the U.S.S.R. should either change it's status with the Baltic States or they should become part of the greater U.S.S.R. (June 1940). Also, with the Winter War of Dec'39-Feb 1940, The U.S.S.R. should be given some land hex's in Finland up to the city right next to Leningrad amongst others in the Laapland (north).

Not sure if this is already planned in the next version, or if it would be a lot of encoding, but it would help to balance the power against a well played human Germany.

12. SuperWarriorPL

SuperWarriorPL Chieftain

To adding Poland suggestion:
    With infantry it won't be any problems, just Polish infatry and maybe Cavalry as special unit.
    Tanks:
    -1936 Vickers E
    -1939 7TP
    -1941 10TP or 14TP
    Light airforce:
    -1936 PZL. 7
    -1939 PZL. 11c
    Medium:
    -PZL. 23 Karaś
    Heavy:
    -PZL. 37b Łoś
    Destroyers:
    -ORP Błyskawica
    -ORP Grom
    Submarines:
    -ORP Orzeł
    Source: http://www.1939.pl/uzbrojenie/polskie/pojazdy/index.html
    http://www.1939.pl/uzbrojenie/polskie/pojazdy/index.html
    http://www.1939.pl/uzbrojenie/polskie/okrety-wojenne/index.html

Maybe this will be more helpful: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=210402

13. Rroy

Rroy Chieftain

The Polish tanks are not really tanks. Just tractors with tracks and a turret.

14. SuperWarriorPL

SuperWarriorPL Chieftain

Tell who are you and where are you from, we will hate your national tanks too.

15. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

Gede or whomever, i have a couple of questions of things i would like to modify on my userside to see how it works for balance:

How could new buildings be added? how could buildings stats be adjusted? Specifically, i want to turn down the build cost of a lot of buildings - i don't think it scales correctly for major metropolises and small towns.

Specific thing's i'd want to do:
    Add features to increase unit production to basically all defensive buildings
    Reduce some of the upkeep cost
    Generally mess around with total cost of buildings to make them more affordable.

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

This. In particular Finland needs Viborg -- the 2nd largest city, which became Russian after Winter War...

17. kennyboy000

kennyboy000 Chieftain

Hum..

How do you play the local game, and how does it work exactly?

Is it everybody does a turn, or? It's only showing singleplayer for me in the main list? :(

18. SuperWarriorPL

SuperWarriorPL Chieftain

Is it possible to add V2 rockets?

19. constrainer

constrainer Chieftain

@Kennyboy000 I would just wait until they release a new beta version on steam that's what I am doing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

20. kennyboy000

kennyboy000 Chieftain

The option was there before though, why not anymore? :I