[R&F] [1.0.12.9] Inescapable Crash, caused by pollution

Qwan

Warlord
It's been nearly a year since I posted about inescapable crashing, seemingly related to pollution. <https://forums.civfanatics.com/posts/16113237/>

I took time off of playing Civ, hoping to give Firaxis time to fix the two problems I identified. It appears the pollution-causing crashing has not been fixed.

Uploaded is the end of my turn 272. It will crash after everyone (including barbarians) takes their turn. It will even generate an autosave before crashing. But if you try to load the autosave, it will crash before you get control.

Also I uploaded the autosave from the start of turn 272. It doesn't matter whether you accept or decline the flipping city, forcing the next turn (with shift-enter) will result in the crash. So it's nothing I did that turn.

While I used UI mods to play this game, it will still crash with NO community mods.

I believe it to be related to pollution not only because the symptom is the same as before (generating an autosave then crashing), but because according to the World Climate screen, the next melt is expected in 1 turn (from Phase II to III).

Could @PiR or some other Windows user please verify this crash, and send it to Firaxis? They won't listen to me because I play on a Mac. Even though I told them the problem happens to Windows users.

(Note that this game is at Diety level on a standard map, so the AI pollutes more heavily and earlier than at easier levels of difficulty).

Thanks!

P.S. I didn't run into the other type of crashing, so maybe they fixed that?

P.P.S. I have all the autosaves from this game, if anyone wants a particular earlier turn.

Attachments

• GITARJA 272 1802 AD d.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
  • AutoSave_0272.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
I tried autosave and it works fine for me until hitting "next turn". You know what is funny? I have never seen this error message. My games usually crash to desktop quietly :)

Attachments

• error_msg.png
    error_msg.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 50
I've seen that message only by loading other people's saves @Dedrytus but if I remember correctly it was the same last year
You're on Windows, right?

@Qwan nice to see you again here :) sadly, I personnally lost hope that Firaxis will fix anything about this game anymore :(

@Dedrytus If you had it crash on a Windows machine, can you send the problem to Firaxis? Thanks!

I tried autosave and it works fine for me until hitting "next turn". You know what is funny? I have never seen this error message. My games usually crash to desktop quietly :)

I do not have any logs, crash reports. Nothing. I have no idea why my game do not write it.
I never get crash logs either.
Interesting that it may be 'climate change' linked - I only yesterday had not only a huge crash on a Windows 10 game that is now unplayable (constant crashing & lockups at turn end) but no - it cannot be sea level related because I get crashes to desktop way before any sea level rises have started with no warning at all - poof, gone to desktop or else it locks up and has to be force quit via Task Manager.

Top Bottom