bcbarrett

Chieftain
I believe railroads are an underutilized feature in the game at the moment, and think they could be improved by adding a new district based on them. (I also believe infrastructure is an underrepresented component in Civilization in general...but that's a topic for another thread.)

The Railyard should provide major adjacencies to harbor and industrial zones, but I think the key feature would be that constructing railroads is no longer something military engineers do.

When a Railyard is constructed, it would automatically create a railroad between the railyard and the city which created it. Then, I think it should also connect to any other railyards and/or cities within X tiles. (maybe it also connects to the industrial zone and/or harbor)

In addition, the railyard could house buildings for things like a monorail, or subway system, though I don't know what bonuses those would give exactly. There's probably a number of other cool features this could include, so chime in with your thoughts!

Also, if you have an idea how to go about making a new district mod...I would appreciate a brief tutorial! I have the modbuddy system and a basic working knowledge of what to do...just need some insight into what requires changing/adding.

I don't really know about making a new district or even how to make a new buildings for existing district. but Railroading does interested me ALOT. particularly with RR movement rules have to be revised so it shouldn't function just like another 'road' (dividing movement costs) but should work the same way as in Commander: The Great War. where every unit goes within certain ranges and must stop within a radius of one hex away from a node (city or fortress). on the rail every unit has the same movement points regardless of what it is. and not a 'teleporter' network as in Civ3 (actually I like that Civ3 RR rules much but it is sitll not realistic.)
Rightnow railroading isn't my modding focus but in next versions it will be. porting these into Vanilla and RF rules.

What's your idea regarding to Railyard/Train Tard? did adjacency to Harbor OR Industrial district a compulsory? and should it counts against district numbers like specialized district or not counting against like Neighborhood and Aqueduct? I'd prefer the latter.

Top Bottom