Raliuven SG3 AWE Persia

For the record, I agree with Raliuven; I don't intend to cause any extra stress by bumping SG topics -- I just want to keep the games moving :)

Sounds like a deal.

Any updates?:please:

It's been two weeks since the last save was posted. Raliuven, I think you're well-justified in simply taking the save yourself at this point!

The holidays are super-busy times for everyone, so I think a little disruption in the roster is to be expected, particularly given the RL situations mentioned earlier in the thread.

I agree with The Man with Two Tusks. I had every intention of playing it on Tuesday or Wednesday, but my parents wanted to shuffle the Christmas schedule around, so I couldn't get to it . . . and with Christmas pretty much upon us, it will be a few more days before I could.

With that said, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Ha, I was just about to grab the game for a turn set. Nice to see Aabraxan's got it. So the roster will look like this:

Roster
Raliuven
CKS
Elephantium
creamcheese (just played)
Aabraxan (Playing)
Toxicman007 (on deck)
TheOverseer714 (Swapped)

Overseer, if you feel up to taking a turn after Toxicman007 just let me know and I’ll place you back in, otherwise will take another round through the roster.

Pencil me in for a turn after Toxicman.

You got it! Roster updated.

Pre-set assessment:
Cities: 10
Workers: 8 native, 3 slaves
Treasury = 120 gold, +34 gpt
Units: 40 allowed, 33 total, unit cost=0
Tech situation: Amis are up Wheel and CB, but down Philo, Lit, Math and maps. Carthage is up Wheel, CB and Col, down Math and lit.
Resources & Luxes: iron and wine hooked up.
Builds: Antioch is 18 turns out from the GLib.

I review builds, but don't make any changes. I am curious as to why we're building libraries in 30% of our cities, when we're also building the GLib.

Hit Enter
CB comes in. Set research for The Wheel, minimum run. (I don't recall seeing this discussed and apologize if I missed it.)

6 Carthaginian units appear out of the fog to threaten Antioch.

Looking at our border cities, I fear that we have expanded too quickly. Few of our cities have more than one defender, and many of those are archers.

1: 330 BC
Swap Pasargadae from lib to Imm. I'm going to have to shuffle the warrior here to Antioch to protect Antioch, and we need to get more units up and running.

Shuffle an American slaveout into the desert. He's out of range of any enemy units, but I'm hoping that the AI will pick up on the unprotected unit and send some of its own in that direction.

2: 310 BC
Reinforce Antioch. Lose an Imm to a Numidian.

Set Pasargadae to peel off a worker. Since reinforcing Antioch, I'll need to get a spear together for MP duty there.

3: 290 BC
Antioch remains under siege. Moving more spears into place so that the GLib build can continue. Also trying to form up a stack to clear out Cadiz and Leptis Magna.

4: 270 BC
I love this game, but I really suck at keeping track of turns.

5: 250 BC
Carthaginian swords have shown up, and I lose 2 immortals at Antioch to them, including the Elite that I just moved in! :cry:

I return the favor, killing off two of their swords and a Numidian.

6: 230 BC
Carthage settles on the frozen tundra south of Smaria. I'm guessing that there may be oil there, because there ain't much else. Suggestion: Wait for it to grow to two before capture.

7: 210 BC
I now have 4 cats and 5 Immos at Antioch. Generally, that's enough to keep Carthaginian stacks at bay, but it's not enough to make headway towards Cadiz. However, the stack is slowly growing, so we'll get there.

8: 190 BC
Check the Mil Adv. Allowed units: 40. Total units: 45. Cost 5 gpt in unit support.

Against Carthage, we're average. Against America, we're strong.

9: 170 BC
On the IBT, the Dutch complete the Mausoleum of Mausollos.
Kill a sword at Antioch. Get promotion.

10: 1500 BC
Attempt to generate a leader at Antioch, unsuccessfully.

Post-Game wrap: The wheel is 2 turns out, and there's a decent stack at Antioch. It's going to have a tough time moving out of there, because that's where Hannibal is focusing his attention. Unfortunately, that's not a great leader-fishing spot because of all the hills, but our forces are holding their own. The Wheel is 2 turns out, and the GLib is 8 turns out. I've been able to build enough MP spears to drop lux spending by 10%. Overall, I used this set to build forces rather than take towns, as I thought our forces were too thinly spread. I've had some success in forming up a stack at Antioch, which I hope the next player will get to put to good use!

Attachments

• Xerxes of the Persians, 150 BC.SAV
    152.9 KB · Views: 55
Very nice! You're up Toxicman007!

Roster
Raliuven
CKS
Elephantium
creamcheese
Aabraxan (just played)
Toxicman007 (Playing)
TheOverseer714 (on deck)

Got it. Might take a while before I'm done, and I still have very limited Internet access.

Sorry, I was also out of communication because of some family issues. I'm back now.

Top Bottom