Ranch dressing, mayo, and other food musings (moved from "Random Rants")

EgonSpengler

Deity
Ranch dressing. Who came up with that [crap]? I bought a sandwich at the market on my way to work. Turkey with ranch. Figured I'd broaden my horizons a little bit. First, it was made the day before yesterday. I didn't check the date. My fault. They put it right on there. But ranch dressing. wtf. That [stuff] is gross. It's even worse than mayo.

Moderator Action: Moved from the "Random Rants" thread into a separate thread. The_J

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranch dressing. Who came up with that [crap]? I bought a sandwich at the market on my way to work. Turkey with ranch. Figured I'd broaden my horizons a little bit. First, it was made the day before yesterday. I didn't check the date. My fault. They put it right on there. But ranch dressing. wtf. That [stuff] is gross. It's even worse than mayo.

It's weird, love ranch but can't stand mayo

I was about to say that I also don't like ranch on a sandwich, but then remembered that I get peppercorn ranch on my chicken subs from Subway.

I won't stand for mayo slander. It is a gift from the heavens.

I used to like 3 cheeses ranch on french fries, until i discovered Garlic Aioli......

Mayo is the definition of mid. S'okay in a couple of things. I had a chicken salad sandwich last week. That was good. There were grapes in it, which I thought was just weird enough to try.

Grapes, nuts, raisins are all good in chicken salad.

Mayo.
Spoiler :

If they do start making that widespread and stop you from using adblockers, I'm not going to stop using adblockers on Youtube, I'm just going to stop using Youtube.
It's like today's move by Twitter to force people to make and account to log in. They make it too much of a hassle, people just won't go.
Indeed, Youtube should stop this greedy nonsense and realize there will be either a mass exodus from it or new software (legal or not) developed to still cancel the ads.

I haven't yet encountered any message, btw, so I suppose the "small experiment" is only run in some more populous countries (makes sense).
Also, if they insist with ‘three videos and an ad’ then what happens with all those people who just upload and play an entire album?

I think I'll have to follow the procedures outlined by Lexicus recently, as by ancient practice.
It's even worse than mayo.
Are you implying that mayonnaise is a bad thing to start with?

Mayo.
Spoiler :

Also, if they insist with ‘three videos and an ad’ then what happens with all those people who just upload and play an entire album?

Time to upload a 1 billion hour video titled "The Bee Movie but every syllable of dialogue is replaced by an album chosen at random with at least 100,000 plays on Spotify"

Time to upload a 1 billion hour video titled "The Bee Movie but every syllable of dialogue is replaced by an album chosen at random with at least 100,000 plays on Spotify"
There are better selection processes than Spotify, but it's still an excellent starting post.

Ranch dressing is good, though of course not when it's stale.

Doritos has a Ranch flavor of their chips. It's a nice break from all the cheese.

How can you possibly lament mayo when you're putting grapes, nuts, and raisins into meat?
Sounds par for the course for some medieval recipes.

It's like today's move by Twitter to force people to make and account to log in. They make it too much of a hassle, people just won't go.

I nuked my Twitter account years ago when someone hacked it. I got kinda suspicious when I started getting dozens of 'thank you for liking my album' messages from people I'd never heard of.

There are 10-hour versions of the Llama Song, the Badger Song, and Shatner of the Mount.

It's too bad I can't find the Star Trek version of the Badger song.

I once (way back in the first Random Thoughts thread) opined that

"Life" is a pretty audacious name for a breakfast cereal. Just sayin'.

But as a product name "Miracle Whip" is about as audacious as one can get.

Particularly given the product in question.

I once (way back in the first Random Thoughts thread) opined that

But as a product name "Miracle Whip" is about as audacious as one can get.

Particularly given the product in question.
There's a breakfast cereal sold here called Holy Crap. According to its marketing, it's high-fibre, gluten-free, and vegan.

I don't care what it claims. I refuse to buy something with a name like that.

Though it does lend itself to a comedy of errors. I don't know if it's sold at my grocery store, but the conversation would go like this:

*grocery picker phones me/I phone her to place my order*

Her: "Hi, this is Pam!"

Me: "Hi, it's _______".

Her: "Oh, hi, what can I get for you today?"

Me: "Holy Crap".

Her: "What happened? Is Maddy all right?" (everyone I deal with regularly knows Maddy; this person and her husband have delivered here and have met Maddy)

Me: "Maddy's fine". (actually, she hasn't been lately, but that's a post for the Cats/Kittens thread)

Her: "Oh, thank goodness. So what would you like today?"

Me: "Holy Crap."

Her: "Is something going on there? Are you okay?" (they know I'm mobility-challenged, diabetic, and prone to dizzy spells; the regular delivery person gets worried if I take longer to answer the door or the intercom doesn't work)

Me: "I'm okay, thanks. Now, Holy Crap, please."

Her: (by now wondering WTF is going on) ":confused:"

It's just a lot simpler to stick with the Rice Chex cereal I normally get.

Top Bottom