Random Crashes

emerson.lackey

Chieftain
Hey Everyone,

I just need to get this off my chest, because it's really really frustrating. My version of Civilization 4 Colonization has random crashes.

I've installed the latest video card drivers (nvidia), installed the latest patch, and the game still randomly crashes.

The crashes are "hard" in the sense that they totally restart my system. My computer just sort of "shuts down" and I need to do a hard restart. It seems to happen later in the game, which makes me feel that it is some sort of memory leak or processor overheat, but this is the ONLY game that has this problem. My rough specs are as follows:

Asus A8N Motherboard
GeForce 9800GS
Vista 64bit

Anyone having this problem? I've looked around, but this game isn't that popular, so it's hard to find people who are having similar problems.

Any help would be appreciated... I know it's vague, but there is not much more I can offer. I love this game and want to be able to play crash free :-(

Thanks,
Emerson

Iam glad we aren't the only ones.

My mother and I have played the Westward Mod to this game and the Mod love it, but we keep encountering a 'bug'. In single player on standard time, less than a hundred turns into the game it crashes.

We have the Westward Ho v0.03 with the 0.32 patch. We are running Windows XP Service Pack 2. Appears to crash at random.

Is there a solution to this anyone can suggest? We're :( and :confused:.

Top Bottom