Random(?) Crashes

I tested the crash on my laptop earlier today. It also exists on there, but instead of a crash to desktop at the end of the turn transition, it freezes at the beginning of the next turn (after it selects a city for me to build in) and I have to force quit. My laptop is a dell xps running ubuntu 18.04, and the pc I've been using is pop!_os 19.10. I haven't tested @alberts2 's change, but my guess is that it won't work. I really think that the animation error is at most tangential to the crash.

I'm not the only one having this issue. My problem is when I get the crash and try to reload, it crashes as the map is "fleshing out" with roads and such.
Then, ALL of the saves do the same thing! I have to load saves until I get one that does not crash.

the map is "fleshing out" with roads and such.
I noticed that's how the paging is working now the other day as I loaded a game. That seems normal and his game didn't crash.

However, I have to wonder if you're trying to load games that were saved before they've been made incompatible with the latest assets.

All saves have been made on 11180. I haven't updated, as I was thinking maybe that's the cause. I've had this happen on versions going back months now. It used to lock up, now it just CTDs.

I'm also on Ubuntu 18.04, using the GOG version with the winewrapper.

@miccal2000 Are you able to replicate the issue on SVN and can you send the minidump file so one of the windows users can look at it? If any of them can see if it dies in or out of the process space plus whatever else you can grab then that would be a huge help.

OK!

Here is the savegame and the minidump.

Please let me know if there are any other files/info you need.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MiniDump-v40.1.2406-20200523-192105.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 1687a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.7 MB · Views: 64
OK!

Here is the savegame and the minidump.

Please let me know if there are any other files/info you need.

Thanks!

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone had a second to take a gander at my save and dump file above, please. I'm now playing on SVN 11088, and still having the issue.

Thanks!

It's happening again! This time on a game started on SVN 11188. Doing the SAME exact things it was on the one I've already uploaded.

I'm about to tear out my hair here. Any ideas on how I can fix this please?

not able to move to next turns. game just exits to desktop in middle of the turn (approx 20-25 mins it takes to process the turn and then gives up)

Attachments

• AD-0890.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9.2 MB · Views: 64
not able to move to next turns. game just exits to desktop in middle of the turn (approx 20-25 mins it takes to process the turn and then gives up)
Tried to run your save but it's incompatible with the latest assets so I can't help here unfortunately.

Having these errors on 11999, as well. Is using this on Linux bugged or something?
I'm pretty sure it is, as no one with a windows machine can reproduce crashes from saves that were 100% reproducible on a linux machine.
That doesn't mean that there isn't any crashes seen on linux that happen on windows as well, so reporting them isn't a lost cause.
P.S. None of the modders are in a linux environment, so there's little chance that we can fix linux specific problems in our code.

Top Bottom