Random dates

Rhye

's and Fall creator
I'm not sure that this is a good addition.
Sure, it would fit best the randomness of the very low likeness, but what about UUs, UBs and UPs? Some civs would spawn when they're obsolete.

Here are some alternatives:

- Keep the dates variable in a range of X turns, as it is in "low"
- Leave alone the original human player's spawn dates, and randomise the rest (the AI won't take advantage of unique features)
- Randomise everything (the human player won't know the spawn year; potentially won't take advantage of unique features)
- ?? don't know. Please add some more!

I'm not sure that what would happen could really be predicted. I think UHVs would have to be disabled, of course, and the spawning techs and units would have be made generic instead of specific, but other than that? Maybe it would be lots of chaotic fun. Might be good to have it be an option when starting a game so we can see what goes right and what goes wrong.

I'm not sure random spawn date is a good idea, I mean sometimes you're in the mood to play right away, and sometimes you don't mind waiting a few minutes. The option to play right away every time you want on all likenesses should exist.

The first option. This feature is less important than improvements to map generation and balance and making spawn, stability, and UHV areas visible.

Top Bottom