1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random events modularity

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by janboruta, Feb 6, 2014.

1. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Hello!

I don't normally hang out in here, as sadly I don't use Communitas on a daily basis (I use quite a lot of modded civs, a handful of wonders and fixes and, regretably, the modpack doesn't seem to be completely compatible with all of them; also I don't like some of the changes to civs that Communitas revamps).

I would like to ask instead, if it is at all possible to extract the more interesting parts of the mod and use them as stand-alones? I'm particularly interested in the possibility of separating the random events system and use it with a non-Communitas version of Civ - it looks too fun to be missed.

Thank you for your time and answers. (And I hope someone will tell that Communitas is acutally compatible with new mod civs ;) )

2. stackpointer

stackpointer King

3. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

New civs will work with Communitas, sort of!:eek:

There shouldn't be any nasty CTDs of errors with lua code clashing but new civs will retain all their personality and flavor values and will likely cause "strange" choices in the AI.
    When the player uses them however this will be eliminated.

But...

Often new civ mods are not balanced against our revamped civs so there may be problems of imbalance in the gameplay.

At the moment I am road-testing the Colonial Legacies civs, primarily Australia. I am however not running it alongside CEP as it needs to be seen first against vanilla civs. I would say though that against CEP it will be wildly over powerful.

Short answer is, there are just so many variables to cater to when introducing new civs inside CEP. Try and see.