Rat 21 - AW RaR

ThERat

Deity
I know we have done this before, but I would like to revisit this again. AW in RaR can be very challenging especially in the early phase of the game, while the AI tends to fumble later on.

If there is enough interest (let's say 4 players), I would like to start a game on monarch or emperor and possibly move up the difficulty ladder.

This game would be played in 1.04 beta, I could point to you how to install that version of RaR.

Any takers?

lurker's comment: I don't have RaR, sorry.

Good luck though. How is AW RaR any different that AW in regular C3C?

I will play.

I would suggest we start at emperor level. RaR is actually easier rather than harder because the AI doesn't know to build the shield increasing buildings. If you manage to survive, then your towns become stronger than the AI's because of this. Monarchy will be too easy. Emp will be about right for the first game.

:goodjob: Greebley

any other takers?

Question is, which Civ and which setting? I would go for continents first, pangaea is harder. Any input for Civs?

Never played it but I'm willing to give it a try, if I can download it successfully. I do have another business trip starting a week from Saturday, so I will not have game access for several days after. Might need one skip depending on how things fall into place.

welcome M60A3TTS :goodjob:

ok, so the Roster is a bit small still, I am looking for one more player (or two)

ThERat
Greebley
M60A3TTS

I will start this game tomorrow with the following settings

continents: 70% water
size: standard or large
Barbs: sedentary (early barbs are terribly strong)
Civ: an agricultural Civ would be good since growth is really limited early on

Maybe you guys can give some input

M60A3TTS, you need to install 1.02 (2 files from first page of the RaR thread) and then upgrade to 1.04 via this link

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2687194&postcount=65

I'm interested in lurking but can you tell me what RaR stands for?

I'm a Emperor level player, not very familiar of AW warfare. A little familiar with RAR techtree.

Side note: should we aim for Space or 20K for extra challenge? If we try to win 20K, should we forbid sacrifice or should we forbid any culture except sacrifice and the altar?

ok, finally started this game

I selected the following settings:

large continent map 70% water
emperor difficulty with Sioux as our Civ as they are agricultural and militaristic
Their UU is the horse archer, which of course requires horses

I played 20 turns, got a sword from the hut when settling on the river
Research went for domestication, now for pottery and granaries.
We should get catapults soon as well and work our way to dynasticism for a better government

Our first settler is ready next and can settle towards the horses in the south.
Remember that initially only the capital will produce vet units and should be the main provider of military units

save

I changed the Roster, since Greebley is up in his game

ThERat
M60A3TTS - up
Greebley

anyone else interested in this, since we have 3 veterans here, we don't mind someone a little new to AW and RaR

welcome plarq :goodjob: , x-post with yours

We should not go for 20k culture but for conquest

Roster
ThERat
M60A3TTS - up
plarq
Greebley

I would have tried an SG if you take another player (Always War is a very nice variant to play) but I'm always getting error massages when trying to load the save (file not found .../Jaguar Warrior/JaguarWarriorRun.amb) :(

I think I made a mistake with the Roster as M60A3TTS indicated that he will be on a business trip this week from Saturday on.

Roster
ThERat
M60A3TTS - on business trip for 1 week
plarq - up
Greebley

@Mizar, did you install the additional file with all units? The initial 1.02 page has 2 files, the main big file and another small added file with unit graphics.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/43630/Rat21_2550_BC.SAV

Preturn- Hardy Cultivator in 1. Horse to the south.

IBT- Bear Butte Hardy Cultivator> Tribal Guardsman

Turn 1 (2950BC) Move our settler south. Lux to zero.

IBT-zzz

Turn 2 (2900BC) Raider spots a GH.

IBT- zzzz

Turn 3 (2850BC) GH gives us gold.

IBT- zzzz

Turn 4 (2800BC) Quiet

IBT- zzzz

Turn 5 (2750BC) Little Bighorn founded. Start Tribal Guardsman.

IBT- Barb raider appears in south.

Turn 6 (2710BC) quiet

IBT- Barb raider disappears to the west

Turn 7 (2670BC) Move our raider back north.

IBT- Bear Butte Tribal Guardsman> another one.

Turn 8 (2630BC) Quiet

IBT- Pottery>Masonry in 11

Turn 9 (2590BC) nothing

IBT- Quiet

Turn 10 (2550BC) Move TG towards another GH. And done.

Post turn- No contacts other than the one barb that wandered off. Masonry now in 10.

Top Bottom