Rat 40 - Introduction to CCM

Ok, something is really wrong here. The save is not current. It is 1797 and is using cavs?

vmxa, I guess it's down to 2 of us finishing this game which shouldn't take too long. I enjoyed my turns.

I am going to back up to your save. I need to fix some more broken WWI atrillery entries though. I got the crash right off.

A progress report after 4 turns. Will continue after the Tour tomorrow.

The 1797AD save is not current, so I went back to 1836AD. I ran into three broken units, 150, 152 and 155mm. Changed WWI to Heavy. I could have done them in one shot, but I was still asleep.

Stack of settlers near Pagan to use.

56 units in our land. One Incan town to take out. 6 Bab towns.
I see 2 far off, 3 close and likely the missing one under the fog. So I need t deal with their stack as it will be some time, till we eliminate them.

Killed 7 Incan units, losing one tank (7-1).

No walls in th two towns under threat by more than 40 Bab rifles. Probably to late, but I rush them.

Attack the stack of rifles first and it starts poorly as I lost 3 or 4 quickly. 15-6-9 on first bunch. Then each bunch went sweet 19-1-6, 12-0, 3-0-3 got a leader. Rush a harbor, too lazy to look for better. Not important anyway.
5-1-1 on the second stack. Kill two more units around of Incan, but no unit we have can go on the mountain, so 1 left. (56-7-19) [63-8]

I see a lot of builds for these towns, not interested in barracks or improvements, other than some culture/happy.

IBT:
Russia and Brits make MPP.

t1 1837AD
Start Mobile.
Switching builds of Infantry and HK and early tanks to Light tanks. I did not go around to find those still going, only has they complete. I figure 13/7/2 is better than 10/9 and 9/5/3. The HK cannot really be used that effectively on units with 7 or better defense, especially on a hill/mountain.

We have enough infantry to put into new towns or cover a few worker stacks, I want attackers and the ealry tank is the better unit.

I am not making the assembly plants as they have -3 happy and take the town out of production for a few turns.

Killed two units in the last town and capture it. Eliminated Inca. (2-0)
Lawyer kills the Egyptian LB and makes a Great Arist. Bomb the town with it (3-0).

Lawyer kills Enk (4-0).
Sink a boat (5-0).
Upgrade some Zeps and Hadley planes. Sending some others to Pagan to upgrade.

Sorry guys I have no use for subs, just parking them.
Found Khorat.

I swapped a lot of builds on the Aztec land. Frieghters? Bombers in 57 turns, courts in no growth places that really will have no need to build anything. No more workers over there either, none of the tiles need improvements that are urgent. We get them, when we can or not at all, no need to make more work for ourselves.

Setting up to invade China. They will have about 30 units, nearly all chariots. Going to drop 12-20 units and let them take it down. One bomber was 93 more turns.

Steam Frigate sink War Galleon (6-0).
Upgrade the last 6 Asian muskets, just to get the entry of the F3 list.
Move all the lawyers next to Pagan so I can find them.

IBT
I saw Mayan cavs attack Cleo. The cav was already redlined.
Vikes and Poland MPP.
Iraq lands a knight on Ghulaman.
[69-8]

t2 1838AD
tank kills the knight (1-0).
Found town in tundra going to Iraq.

tank retreats at Shruppak.
tank kills rifle (2-0).
HK kills rifle and captures it (3-0).
HK kills rifle next to town (4-0).

Made airfield at Istakhr. Road on Alum next to Ghulaman and then an airfield. So we can fly over help, if needed.

land 20 units on China.
[73-8]

t3 1839AD
Russia DOW Nubia.
BTW you can fly the 76mm artillery.
Hum, so can Heavy Artillery.

Kill 28 in Beijing. Lawyer gets Artist (28-0).
Lost 4 HK's on a single rifle in Nippur, then kill 2 rifle to capture it. (32-4).
HK kills SM (33-4).

I see two stacks of workers parked by the capitol. Going to leave them for now, but if they are not needed here for pollution then will send them to the last contintent.

tank kills rifle (34-4).
HK kills rifle to clear all our land (35-4)
Make trees and found town in Az land to get borders to the coast in that spot.
[104-12]

t4 1840AD
tank kills two spear in Beijing (2-0)
HK kill cat and gets a leader (3-0).
KH kill WE (4-0).

2 artillery kill chariots and Eliminated China. (6-0).
About a dozen slaves from settlers.

tanks go 2-1 and take Basra (8-1).
tank kills musket next to Basra (9-1).
Looks like they have one left here and it goes next turn. Then they have 2 far away. I plan to make peace and try for one of them in the deal. I think I need to locate one more.

No reason to pursue them now as they are on the far end of the landmass. I will get the workers back from the Vikes towns and DOW next turn. This will let us cut the contintent in half. I am shipping some of the frieghters from the Az embarking points to the Carthage one.
Getting sleepy and the Tour starts in less than 6 hours.
[113-13]

I ran into three broken units, 150, 152 and 155mm. Changed WWI to Heavy.

These errors result from renaming the WWI Artillery to heavy Artillery when playing with the old CCM mainfile. In the unit ini files of the old mainfile there are soundlinks to the old unit´s name. All these problems are fixed with the new units folders of the new CCM mainfile. The units of the new mainfile should properly work even for CCM games that were started with old CCM biqs and the old CCM mainfile.

I see two stacks of workers parked by the capitol. Going to leave them for now, but if they are not needed here for pollution then will send them to the last contintent.

In CCM pollution is nearly abolished. There is no population pollution as there are no level-3-cities and building pollution was set to zero in the single building settings. But you still have pollution from nukes and vulcanoes.

I figured the pollution was not an issue, but it is hard to keep it straight with so many mods. We knew about those artillery, but I left them unchanged, till I ran into the issue. We are close to the end, so no sense in messing around with new biq or files.

ThERat I am on t8, actually going to end that turn. Anyway I will finish 10 tonight. Do you want to take it after that or should I do 5 or 10 more?

France and Nubia are gone. We have 5 or 6 Vike towns.

I can play tonight and tomorrow so posting the save would be nice :D

how much land do we have? close to 66%?

Were are in the 50's on land and 68 on pop. Vikes have 2 towns, 1 has tanks close to it. The other I did not look for, but probably not close. Poland has sent 2 ships to bombard and I have sent to planes to hit back.

t5 1841AD
Kill 3 rifles and capture Kirkuk (3-1-2).
Made peace as they are 2CC and far away.

Use leader to rush Town Center.

Debated going for Egypt first as they are 12 towns, but they are spread out some.
I debated as Vikes have an MPP with Poland, so we get a second front.
Trying to get some of the frieghters over to Carthage so we can get more than one fleet shipping tanks.

I have a small stack from Sap Paulo. I started moving the stuff that hit China. It may turn out they are best sent to the Vike lands later. I moved them out each turn, so we can decide then.

Upgrade about 70 HK's, but 140 or so not done. Upgrade some Ironclads and Steam Frigates. Found some sleeping at sea, sent them to a port.

We start on Combined Ops. Fly Artist over.
Looks like we do not need to start making flaks right now.

Went around to locate most of the HK's on this land to upgrade. 117 BA10 now. May as well get the extra attack and go next turn.
[116-14]

IBT
Israel and Maya MPP.
Rats, Iraq and Poland sign MPP. I guess it won't matter as I won't be attacking Poland units inside their borders.

t6 1842AD
Used a lawyer to kill one of Smokes troops next to Sparta (1-0).
4 tanks kill two rifles and capture Heisingborg, 2 retreated (2-0-2).
Artist bombs it.
Bombers sinks boat (3-0).

BA10's go 3-3 on infantry and grab Linkoping (6-3).
tanks go 2-1 (8-4).
Early Tank kills rifle, Light Tank dies (9-5).
2 tanks win and capture Nykoping (11-5).

Lawyer kills Iraq monk or some such (12-5).
BA10 kills cav (13-5).
4 BA10 kill 3 rifles and capture Norrkoping (16-6).
Lawyer kills lawyer and gets GA, bomb Norrkoping (17-6).
One sweet deal on BA10 is it lets us know what is in the town.

BA10's kill Marine and Rifle (19-6). Leave a red rifle as no defenders could cover the BA, if I killed the rifle.
Poland DOW's us. Vikes have 14 towns left.
[135-20]

IBT
Israel and Turkey MPP.
Mongols eliminate France.
Someone killed off the Nubia nation.

2-1 on defense (2-1) [137-21]

t7 1843AD
We complete the Motorized Infantry small wonder in Osaka.
Sink a privateer and galleon (2-0).
Kill 4 cavs with tanks (6-0).
kill 10 (7 rifles and 3 heavy artillery near Nykoping) lost 1 tank as bombers did something useful for a change (16-0).

Two tanks kill rifles in Lulea and capture it (18-0).

Light tanks are not doing so well as the second one I used also died. Attacking infantry in Fulan (18-1).

tanks kill 2 cavs next to town (20-1).

tank kills the infantry in town (21-1).
tank kills cav and captures Fulan (22-1) 2 slaves.

tank kills rifle next to Fulan to clear it (23-1).

Carthage gets a hull and I upgrade to WW2 carrier.
Upgrade the Schn75's to 155mm.
Lawyer kills red infantry (24-1).

tank kills rifle (25-1).
BA10's go 5-1-1 on infantry and capture Uppsala (30-2).
It has Sacred Music.
[167-23]

IBT
4 attacks. Lawyer nearly killed BA10, but retreated. Killed later by infantry (0-1-1).
Artilley killed one and got a leader (0-2).
Cav attacked infantry and retreated. [167-25]

t8 1844AD
Lawyer kills the last Mayan unit (1-0). Parked by Xoc.
tanks go 4-3 ands capture Goteborg (5-3). Size 27 wow.
Lawyer kills wounded cav and one gets the wounded infantry (7-3).

2 tanks take down Glavie and get a leader (9-3).

I am just airlifting the workers one at a time from Beijing to Pagan.
2 BA10 kill units and we kill the leader as well (12-3).

BA10 4 for 4 and take Stockholm (16-3).
BA10 kills infantry in Malmo (17-3).

Parked 16 early tanks next to Pagan for now. [184-28]

t9 1845AD
bombers sink 4 boats near Stockholm (4-0).
bombers get another (5-0).
Israel slips a worker in our land, so lawyer takes it.

tanks kill 5 in Malmo and capture it and the Jolly Rodger (10-0).
2 ships I had pinged in the town for sure (12-0).

2 tanks and a BA10 kill 3 and grab Ostersund and at least one boat (16-0).

Note Alpine School, Marine Corps and Paratrooper School underway now.
I made no effort to find the fastest town, just whatever one came up.

Light Tank kills 2 cavs (18-0).
[202-28]

t10 1846AD
Bombers sink 2 (2-0).
tank kills 2 and grabs Augsburg (4-0). Got a leader as well.
Light Tanks kill rifle on the way to Vaxjo and 2 more to capture it (7-0).

Rushed a market some place with leader.

2 lights killed 2 and grab Visby (9-0).
lights go 5 and 5 taking Orebro (14-5).

Sunk another boat (15-5).
[217-33]

Lots of troops in many towns to use, if you have a place to send them. small stacks left by Pagan, with one active to locate.

ThERat the other town of the Vikes is Kristianstad and is down near the last two Iraq towns. I was going to make peace with them after taking the town under siege. Then go on to Egypt. Making peace with Poland could be done as well.

The question I have for you is do you want to go for domination or conquest? If conquest we have to think about the approach so as to not get the 66%, but not leave lots of room for others to swoop in and fill.

Not real hard, given all the units we have. We can just block settler groups, till we go to war with that nation. Eventually going to war with everyone still standing. Most would be down to 1 or 2 towns as we leave the far flung ones.

Russia will need to be bombed to clear a landing spot, most likely. Maybe not as I think I landed on 3 islands with no issues. Anyway I am fine with however you want to do it.

Am at turn 5 now and we have 59% land, I rather we settle this game as fast as possible than slog through Israel land.

It is clear that we steamroll anyone but have to fight hordes of enemy units. So, I rather settle for that if you are fine.

Yeah it works for me. I just know you guys do conquests and Barbslinger wanted to end it fast. So I gave you the options. BTW you do not have to put up a log for me, it just slows you down. All I need to have is a save.

I am currently at turn 6, we have 350 tiles to go for domination and I don't think I will need all 10 turns for that

Pre-Turn
think we should attack Maya as well as they got plenty of land and Germany
Not sure whether all this is sufficient to get 66% land.
MM once to employ more scientists

IT a weird thing happens, Vikings attack our city with boats and we gain a MGL

1. 1847AD
preparing to attack Maya and Germany next
Road to their territory, there is a large Polish stack around

declare on Germany and attack Erfurt, take out the boats around the area
take out a stack of 17 Polish troops

IT zzz

2. 1848AD
take Rostock in the north, culture bomb it and move on to the woods at Nuremberg
take Viking Karlskrona, make peace with Vikings as the last city is too far away

ask Maya to remove troops from our territory and they declare on us, even better
take Lisht, found Chu Lai to close some gaps
take Piedras Negras and bomb it

IT Maya attack with one unit and that was all the AI had to offer...
we get strategic bombing

3. 1849AD
Germany:
take Nuremberg, Mainz, Stuttgart
Maya:
take Yaxchilan, bomb it, then take Uxmal, Quirigia, Palenque, Lagartero, Kamin and Bonampak
take out many units around, culture bomb Palenque
take Maya capital and Cairo

we are at 57% now

IT Viking declare war on us again as they got a MPP with Poland

4. 1850AD
there are quite a few Maya and Polish units in the field now
Take Calakmul, Opole, Lapaza, Tulum and Culum

in the north take Bremen and Munich

58% land now

IT slow as many borders expand

5. 1851AD
take Heliopolis, Gniezno, Krakow, Lvov, Gdansk
Maya suffer more as we take Copan, Tikal, Olzy
seize Cologne

IT The enemy has nth much to offer already
some war declarations, minor stuff, border expansions slow down the game

6. 1852AD
Warsaw, Wroclaw, Kalishz, Torun
Uaxtun
Frankfurt, New Berlin, Hannover (c bomb), Leipzig, Berlin (c bomb that), Hamburg and Rheims
there are no more German cities nearby, time to make peace and grab some more

all fall into our hands, 62% now

IT zzz

7. 1853AD
take Abydos, Poznan, Sczecin, Gorzow, Bydgosz
capture the last Mayan city...need to reload as the Civ is still alive

we need more land for the last 200+ tiles

demand Israel to leave our land and they declare war
take Dongola, Balana, Toshka, Buhen, Axum, Irtjet and heavily fortified Aniba

as the Mongols have many units nearby, pull them into the war by signing a MPP

IT Israel attacks here and there
Mongols declare war on them

8. 1854AD
there are now only 21 tiles missing, sure with border expansions next turn we win by domination
take Marseilles, found a new city, take Koenigsberg
take Bialystok, take last Polish city and new to reload, really annoying

we now have already 66% land

IT

Attachments

• Rat40-1854AD.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Alright!

The first SG with CCM...what do you players think of this mod?

Had any of you played CCM as a solo game before this SG?

Yes, most had at least one game with it. It is a well done mod, with a very strong effort on the pedia. It is a big help to have info that is correct. Many mods do not have that and it forces you to try to pull it out of the editor and that detracts from the play.

I actually started a game in the story section to introduce this mod. You can find it there.
Now, CCM is out as 1.6 and has quite some extensive changes again. Try it out, the game is a blast.

Top Bottom