Rat 40 - Introduction to CCM

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to play tonight. This CMSC conference in Reno is taking all my time. I thought the boss would let us go to our rooms after the show but conventions aren't like that. I think I will need a skip until I return Friday morning.

Northern Pike -vac
Greebley -pc issues
vmxa - just played
barbslinger -skip
ThERat

What do you want to do here ThERat? Take your turn, pass it back to me or what?

maybe wait for barbslinger to come back, a 2 man rotation is a bit thin

I am fine with waiting. Just wanted to know, if you wanted to get in a round of 5 or 10, before the weekend. We would be a 3 man rotation either way. Barbslinger is a west coast guy, so that is basically 3 full days.

Pretty busy during the week this time, I will see whether I can play maybe 5 turns before the weekend.

since barbslinger hasn't replied yet, I am going to play some turns this weekend, so this is a 'got it'

just an update into the 5th turn, will finish by tomorrow

Pre-Turn
change Osaka to machinegunners, free units of such nature always welcome
start Wall street as well

IT rush an expensive airport at Pagan
somebody upsets our citizens in Nampo

1. 1827AD
upgrade 40 heavy coastal batteries to flying boats, which are mobile and a real help in coastal defense

add some airfields for the airlift next turn
march towards Andala...

IT Nubia and Maya sing MPP and later declares on Egypt

2. 1828AD
capture Andahua for the loss of 2 tanks, hilly terrain is tougher
capture Ica, which is a bit further away and culture bomb it

ship over some workers and hotches via airfields

IT wow, good news as Hebrew destroy Italy :dance:
we get mass production, start WW 2 ships

3. 1829AD
start Hoover in our capital, it will be a shield monster
take Vitcos

connect coal and iron on the third continent
start to clear a huge rifle stack from Babylon (around 30-40 units)

IT Babylon comes with more units towards us, will take effort to clear them
we get the Ordenance factory and Wall Street

4. 1830AD
take Juli and Atico

continue to take out Babylonian units, whereas Inca are gassed it seems
manage to take out all units in our new takings

IT Babylon is still on steroids and defeats a stack of 8 hotchkisses that I sent forward on hills

5. 1831AD
a lot of our cities are suddenly unhappy, fix that
take Areqipa and prepare for an assault on Babylon
get an artist and bomb Vitcos

this enables us to attack Assur, which we take for the mere loss of 2 kisses.
It has the Art of Islam
need to clear quite a few units around the area before we can move forward

our flying boats already busy sinking Babylon ships

send our convoy with around 100 tanks back to the third continent

IT Babylon brings in more units, I am amazed how many they have
worst part is a huge Rifle stack in the south at Atico (around 60 of them)

6. 1832AD
choose the most backward civ, Mongols to renew the spices deal
clearing Babylon units yet again, get an artist and bomb Assur
manage to clear all units though it costs us.

Reinforce Atico and hope we can survive the attack

IT Babylon still brings in more units, it's quite annoying
The big stack doesn't attack and tries to pass by Atico
we get WW 2 ships, next is blitzkrieg

7. 1833AD
clear the stacks in the north, marines on hills are especially tough (lose 5 units on one of them)
after this, we can attack Uruk with tanks. This time we only lose 1 tank taking the city

with the lawyers that I have shipped over we gain another artist that bombs Uruk
prepare for the assault on 2 hilly Babylon cities, heal tanks to attack Babylon itself

IT Babylon now brings their units to Uruk and the flat land will be a welcome respite for us
the big stack in the south keeps on running about as we block roads and cities with infantry
Bien Hoa finishes the International Port

8. 1834AD
capture Nineveh and Sippar
defeat some units in the hills and next to Babylon
defeat around 8 units of the southern stack. Wounded units have been healing and our bombers have wounded them before the attack
smash 8 units and we take Babylon that is culture bombed straight away
City comes with two wonders, that make Great Mosques even more valuable
move forward and take Ellipi, this splits Babylon into 2, bomb that city as well
manage to take Samarra, Akkad and Carchemish too

send a smaller convoy of 4 freighters to the southern end of the continent as there are more Babylon cities

IT Babylon is finally gassed, they only have that big stack left that is going back and forth
Carrier Dicks that produces carrier is done via MGL in Carthage

9. 1835AD
renew furs deal with Egypt
capture the Incan capital that has only 3 defenders inside, bomb it. proceed and take Hamasaki
RR and we take Machu Picchu, Cori and Olla, then Vilca, Inca suffers big time
find that we can take Nasca too, which we do

send another freighter off, if we ship towards Tiwanaku, the voyage is only 4 turns long

10. 1836AD
manage to take Eridu and Babylon has no more core

push to eliminate Ince as soon as possible the big convoy of tanks helps a lot)
take Vilcas, bomb Machu Picchu then take Huamanga and Chuito, Inca down to 1 city

in the north we take Lagash, culture bomb Nasca to gain access to that city
bomb it, with that manage to take Ur

- I have been building a few Great Mosques to rid those cities of any unhappy issues
- we make 5 culture per turn in every new city, great for fast border expansions

- Remember that I set Carthage as the continental rally point to make transport much easier
- Airlifting is done via the many airfields we have lifting the units to Pagan
I have lifted plenty of workers over already

- We have a huge stack of tanks and some settlers, I leave this to barbslinger to decide what to do with it
- Inca should be gone next turn

Babylon will last a little longer due to the tundra towns

Attachments

• Rat40_1836AD.SAV
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
Our new route to cross to Tiwanaku from carthage, take only 4 turns

the world map, we have now 47% of the landmass

We can take Scandinavia and Nubia next before the big showdown with Israel for some fun. They got heaps of cash

We get Blitzkrieg tactics next turn, I would chose mobile warfare next

just to add, those flying boats are mobile and their torpedoes are really good at sinking enemy boats. I have upgraded everything I could to them.

Do we really want to go after Israel? That will take a lot of time and I'm anxious to upgrade to newest biq. We can probably get 67% just taking the southern weaker countries.

Got it!

ok, sure. Just need to take note of our deal with Egypt...

I am pretty sure I know what my problem is with my computer - I need to install the game to get the registry settings. However, I still haven't found that elusive conquests disk to do so and I have looked for it more than once in the spots it should have been. Perhaps going through all the games might help, but I am not very hopeful.

Thank you all for your interesting reports about your game.:)

just to add, those flying boats are mobile and their torpedoes are really good at sinking enemy boats. I have upgraded everything I could to them.

Yeah I liked those boats as well. I think I heard the fat lady warming up.

Every civer who played CCM did like those flying boats. Despite beeing strong units in the game, these units done by Wyrmshadow are also real beauties - and the Catalina also has a very nice fidget animation: Searchlights. The units also use Wyrmshadow´s torpedoe animation (reworked by Vuldacon) as bombard animation.

For the lurkers, here are some screenshots about the civilopedia entries of these units:

Attachments

• Catalina.JPG
    Catalina.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Madge.JPG
    Madge.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Mavis.JPG
    Mavis.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 214
the animation is truly cool :cool:

Rat40

1836AD

Well from122 cities last I stepped in to 214 cities! Crash on startup on 150 Howitzer. WWI Art needed to be replaced with Heavy Artillery. Also 152 Arty
Quick look and it seems that we can take down Maya and Poland next which I thought would be good when I was reading posts but on reconsideration Vikings and Germany look better to get the small choke at Hannover. The southern countries look really weak and we can probably mop them up as an after thought. Move a load of tanks towards Nippur to help finish off Babs. They have some crap down in the S tundra.

Couple of losses, no mid or major engagements. Tons of builds.

1) 1837AD

Inca are destroyed.

I stopped here because this is just too much for me. I have been at it for over 2 hours, figuring stuff out seeing where we are, etc, and I don't think I am cut out for this size of map. I am truly apologetic but it is too :confused: unless I completely immerse myself. Trying to pick up with so many cities I am not enjoying myself. If it was a personal game I think I would love it right here down this stretch run to victory.

Here is the save up to taking Inca out.

Again I am sorry :(

Attachments

• Rat40_AD1797.SAV
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
I guess I am up. Greebley seems still with PC issues. NP on vacation. So this is an I got.

Top Bottom