1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rat 40 - Introduction to CCM

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by ThERat, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Thank you all for your kind words, that are also for everybody who helped in this mod and who contributed a lot to this mod :) -including the players of this succession game. :) Northern Pike, I wish you a good vacation and Greebley, I hope you can overcome the problems with your computer.

2. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Oh man, just as I had gotten my archmages to grand master of water, everyone drops out. I thought I could finish MM7, before it got to me.

Ok, I see things have changed, we have some action on an island. Do we have an invasion point picked out? EDIT I reread and found the location.

I guess I best get started, so I got it.

3. vmxa

vmxa Deity

This just in. Persia had its last hope riding on the liner that was run over by an Ironclad. Xerk is history.

4. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

Excellent. :goodjob: It would have been a monstrous PITA if the Persian settler had been anywhere else.

5. ThERat

ThERat Deity

good news!!!

6. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Done 7 turns tonight. Must watch Tour in AM, then will finish. Greece is about out. Landing next turn.

7. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Here is the save, report next:

8. vmxa

vmxa Deity

PRE:
    switch a couple of Ironclads to Dreads.
    Switch a couple of towns that are on wealth to no growth. May as well get a few beakers from them.

Sorry guys, I just cannot let places like Tula work on 80 turn structures so late in the game. Lets shut it down. Go to wealth, make 2 pop beakersheads and get something now. It at least means one less palce to monitor.

Coal City, someone thought it was a good idea to build a Windmill in a one shield town and put one of the two pop on science. I sell the mill and stop building there.

IBT:
    Israel and France make peace.
    Rifle attacked and died (1-0).

t1 1817AD
    Sunk 2 boats covering transport types (2-0).
    Bombed a steamer, no one can reach right now.
    [3-0]

IBT:
    Bab/Iraq land on Xochi beach.

t2 1818AD
    Sink the liner and then capture last town and Persia gone.
    killed 2 rifles and a cannon (3-0)
    I think it gave 5k+.

Dial up Hammi and he claims they will withdraw, but I doubt it.
    Can't make peace with France as Alex is still at war with them.
    I don't recall the circumstances of our aquiring MPP's, but I hope they do not get us into too many wars, before we get to the last continent.

I did not recoqnize the airfield and use the worker that popped out to make one, doh. Flew 2 HK units over in case.

Looked around to see, if anyway to get troops to Rome in a timely fashion.
    No boats near and no good reason to rush some. Maybe someone will take them out. I am sending a few HK to check on the colony they have.

I have enough units to send, will head next turn.
    [6-0]

IBT:
    Israel and Inca sign peace.
    I think I screwed up on the peace deal with Maya. I had no idea if we are tied in with an MPP here or what at that point.

t3 1819AD
    Hammi moves his treb closer, so I ask him to leave and he declares.
    eCannon kills the treb (1-0).

I steal Smokes map for 2.7k. We can see almost all the continent now. I figure we ae going to have to declare on them as soon as Smoke hits one of our partners. No real risk on the war.

Barbslinger, just an FYI. I am only putting workers to work, no real plan. Just clear tree, swamps,j ungles. Make roads, irrigate, rail. Just keeping them busy. Feel free to park or use. If park move to capitol on mainland and our jump off point Xochi. So they can be foudn by next player.

Troops, I am not trying to change to get any given ratio. What ever was going up, I left, except for boats. Here I either switched to Dreads or a non boat item.

Sink two of the boats that dropped of the treb (3-0).
    [9-0]

IBT: nada

t4 1820AD
    Sunk the last boat that dropped the treb (1-0).
    Shipped of 17 steamers loaded. We are making so many units the next player may want to create rally points. It takes more time to move them to a depot spot than all the worker task. I have a few more steamers to follow up, but the rest will have to wait for the returning boats.

I sent no workers on the first run as I have no idea how many units we will face. I do not want to slip the forces to defend an airfield. I will send 1 on the follow up fleet.
    [10-0]

IBT:
    Brits sign MPP with Israel.

t5 1821AD
    I forgot to mention techs. We finished Torps and the next and started on Great War.
    Stop the RoP and MPP.

I never mentioned a settler was in place and I did found a town on the first or second turn. Cannon retreats from Greek rifle and eHK kills it (1-0).

HK retreat on rifle in Therm.
    eTank kill rifle and hop and takes Therm (3-0).
    eHK* dies on rile in Piraeus (3-1).
    tank kills rifle (4-1).
    tank kills rifle and captures it (5-1).

tank kills rifle in open (6-1).
    The pages and Zeps hit almost nothing.
    Heavy Artilley kills Greek arty (7-1).

HK dies on Swiss Merc and second HK takes it out (8-2).
    [18-2]

IBT:
    Brits DOW Smoke.
    Israel and Cleo ink an MPP.
    Cleo DOW Somke.

9. vmxa

vmxa Deity

t6 1822AD
    BTW a few places are starving on the mainland. I presume we did that for the shields, so I take no action.

two arties retreat on damaged rifle in Corinth.
    Bombers did next to nothing again. Not seeing much use for these guys.
    Flamer torched the rifle (1-0).
    HK kills rifle (2-0).
    2 HK's kill 2 arties (4-0).

Workers rail to Corin and spot a lawyer. Elite Lawyer kills it and gets a leader. Rush Harbor in Coirn. (5-0)
    4 HK attack Knossos, killing 2 and retreating 2 (6-0).

eTank kills hop (7-0).
    HK kills Hop and captures Patraes (8-0).
    HK kills hop next to town (9-0).

Tank kills hop enroute to Athens (10-0).

I ship off a few tanks to Thessaloncia from Zohak. Fly in replacements.
    [28-2]

IBT:
    rifle in Mycene died attack HK (1-0)
    [29-2]

t7 1823AD
    Hk kills rifle in Mycene (1-0).
    HK kills hop and captures town (2-0). 3 slaves.
    HK kills hop next to it (3-0).

HK dies on Athens (3-1).
    HK kills rifle in Athens (4-1).
    HK kills hop captures Knossos (5-1).
    Two boats in town (7-1).

2 tanks kill hops and capture Pfarsalas (9-1).
    We have over 100 more units waiting to get to the new continent. I disband a dozen steamers as we have them between our continents.

We are making too many units per turn right now and could cut back some.
    Greece in in the finger with two town and the one on the island.
    No fast culture to run over them.

Going to send a few steamers to use to invade China.
    [38-3]

t8 1824AD
    I have stopped unit production in places that could not make them in 1 turn. We are over support and do not need all them anyway. I leave it to the next player to decide, if they want to disband or join some native workers.

2 tank die at Athens and 3 HK kill rifles, 1 retreats (3-2).
    Land 85 units at check point charlie.
    [41-5]

t9 1825AD
    HK kills hop and grabs Athens (1-0).
    Start on Mass Production.

Found town.

Peace With France.

Found town on continent and rush a wall. Culture bomb does little as lots of culture in area. Mass upgrade to Asian Infantry.

Not looked at upgrades for the steamers yet.

Found town.

IBT:
    Turks and Germany MPP.
    Israel demands coal,no deal.
    [42-5

t10 1826AD
    Need to send over bombers.
    2 tanks kill hops and capture Sparta. It had some boats, saw 1 for sure (3-0).
    Maya landed troops there, so I leave it for the next guy to decide what to do.

Sink Incan SoL (4-0).
    kill rifle, hop and LB and sink 3 boats (7-0).
    goodbye Alex

Workers not covered by Sparta, so cover, if no war with Smoke.
    Xochi has a steamer to send to mainland with a settler and a supply.
    Carthage has about 150 units to ship over.
    A small group is nearing contintent to unload a few units.

10. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Ok, I just reinstalled windows on my computer and the internet is working again. Looks like I can play this now.

11. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Or not. Civ3 is now crashing on me.

Skip me for now and I will try to get back and running before the next time I am up.

:mad: :spank: :badcomp: :badcomp: :deadhorse: :backstab: [pissed] :aargh:

12. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I feel for you...currently having my own battle with steam...and then all the smart tips come in and don't work

13. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Hope you guys can get things working.

Barbslinger I think you are up. Should be no tricky things, other than the workers and the Mayan units. They did not come to attack us, I think they came for the Greeks. Now the Greeks are gone, so who knows, if they will get froggy and leap.

I left it so you can ask them to leave or not. If not, just block access to the workers. I would probably be best to ignore them for now as we do not really need another nation sending troops.

Once you get the next big wave over, then I doubt anyone can hurt us. The Incan boats are starting to arrive on the coast, but they can do little that matters. Maybe move more bombers to that location.

You may want an airfield to use, so the bombers are not pounded.

14. barbslinger

barbslinger Gun blast'n shot drinker

Having a busy weekend so won't be able to play today. I can start it tomorrow or if Greebley gets his back up he can jump in. If he does not jump in I will start it tomorrow night after posting a got it.

Great work by all! Looking forward to mopping this up and moving to the next version.

15. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I think Greebley is busy with his other game anyway...so go ahead barbslinger

16. vmxa

vmxa Deity

Barbslinger, I had rushed a wall and a barracks. You could rush an airport, then drop a dozen more airfields on the mainland with all those workers, fix any lost improvements. Ship over 15 units every turn, till you have them ones that can be airlifted sent.

I did not start any attack on the new continent as I was unsure of the counter attack on our beachhead. If they are not sending any, a few were on the way, then send out a stack. I think you will need to use the infantry to go with any stack.

No asian infanrty were available to send, but we have some on the mainland now.

17. barbslinger

barbslinger Gun blast'n shot drinker

Thanks for the words of advice. I'll play as many turns as I can tonight and get the WAR ball rolling.

I know you are adverse to MPP but how about this scenario. Which ever country we are landing in we MPP with. Declare on the neighbor and hide under stacks of infantry to watch the show after they attack a suicide low-end unit. The enemy would go after our MPP buddies cities and avoid our high defense stacks. After the initial onslaught we pour across the borders and take over his land. I know the risk of multiple fronts would be there if a dogpile forms on our MPP buddy but we could take cover under our stack. We are liable to be involved with multiple enemies anyhow due to the MPP's all the others have.

18. vmxa

vmxa Deity

I don't see any need to confuse or be tricky here. We have 85 units in place. Once we get up the airport and airfields we can fly over all those non tank units and ship the tanks.

We have close to 250 units now and probably making 15-20 per turn. We could switch some of the tanks to HK's as they can fly and have the 3 moves.

We already have landed on the continent, so not going to have any new landing sites. I cannot imagine the two foe we have now could muster up a serious attack. The only reason I delayed the war was in case they could put some pressure on us.

I figure that we can take down the incoming for a few turns and see what it looks like. For sure once the second wave gets over, it will be a route.

The only danger that could come about, is if they can manage to get 50 or so units in three or 4 turns in a row. I doubt they can. We can attack all we want in our lands and not trigger any MPP.

The AI has shown no interest in attacking stacks with infantry so far. The issue will be that, if we sit too long they will have bombers to ping us with. We need to bring over a bunch of workers to rail to the front in the second wave. This one reason I want to fly over about 15 units per turn, to free up the boats for tanks and workers and some settlers.

This way the bombers will have trouble keeping up. They have to move to the front and we can over the town, keeping the number low. We just have too much production for them to cop. We are not even use all we could.

19. vmxa

vmxa Deity

PS do upgrade the steamers, if the frieghters have an extra move. iirc they get an extra capacity.

20. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

I agree with Vmxa. Barbslinger has presented a clever plan, but we don't need a clever plan which may leave us waiting around in ten or fifteen turns if we don't want to break deals. We just need to get our huge host over to the last continent and :hammer: everybody.