Rat19 - Middle Age scenario AWDG

I have a few questions before i start.

1. What are our short term goals e.g. with war

2. What are our meduim term goals e.g. land to take, civs to destroy.

3. What are our meduim term goals e.g. victory conditions

I would say our short term goals include:

1) Survive
2) Get an Army or two.
3) build a wall of cities to the southeast. We will eventually meet civs down there and have to fight them. Cities should be distance 3 in the front line so they can help defend one another.
4) I think Bulgar should be our first target. We want to weaken them by taking their cities (raze and replace or capture). I see Pliska as our first target. This will be easier when we get an army (should be a sword army or better Catpharacts - defense 1 Armies aren't worth much).
5) Connect Larissa to Adrianople by land with dist 3 cities.

Mid range goal is to grow. Get as many cities as we can with as small a front line as possible (though we keep growing when we can).
We do this by killing the leader units of other civs and then grabbing their land.
Also we want Jerusalem under our control

Long range goal is domination or conquest for normal AW. Here need to pay attention to Victory Points though to keep other civs from winning. To win ourselves I guess we can go for conquest or VP. Taking and holding Jerusalem should therefore be a goal. If VP victory is easiest we can discuss going for that otherwise we just go for conquest.

pat4, don't feel intimidated. For a start, you might want to red up some past AW games that we played here to get a feel of the game style.

What is the difficulty level you feel comfortable with?

lurker's comment: Just check his profile- it's Monarch. :p

didn't see your post empire, that's fine, we'll slot you in this weekend

ok, pat4, your inaugural SG turnset is up

Not bad turnset. No change in cities. Won little unit battle. Set up attack on pliska after drawing their forces to kutmich.... (something). Next up should take it. I didn't know what to do with the settler so I was going to leave it until I saw a good spot to the west of Constantinople.

T1: zzzz

T2:zzzz

T3:zzzz

T4:lost a spear on a hill to an injured archer the cheek.

T5:zzzzz

T6:One horse in my turn takes out an archer and in th Ai turn brushes off two swordsmen he's now elite

T7:Killed a spear taking a settler

T8:Upgrade warriors rush barracks

T9:put down a subsequently large attack on Heraclea

T10: zzzzz

Completed roads around our little empire. Ahh my first sg turnset and post I'll always remember it as boring. Can't wait for the real action to begin.

How do you post saves.

there is a sticky about posting saves and images...images are nice for the rest of the team and lurkers...make the whole turnset alive...

in the worst case, you can always attach a post under the 'manage attachments' button under additional options when you post

got it...will play later

pat4, maybe it was my mistake to not make things clearer, but this is an AW game, means we need to declare war on everyone we meet immediately. I opened the save and found 4 nations at peace
when did we meet those guys....I think we should replay from the last save..though usually I do not do that...what do you guys think?

No need to say sorry. Because we play usually with 'old timers', I am pretty short with explanations these days..should have stated it earlier.

The condition is declare war with no deals made when we fist meet a Civ. We can later check whether the Civs are up in techs or have resources, bu no deals ever with them

Go ahead and replay, think it's better that way :)

lurker's comment: They probably will be- they can sometimes beat me to tech in this scenario on much lower levels!

My turns were much the same as before and im in a rush so I'll just give a quick run down. We are barley hanging on in the west. Most of their troops must be thers so I think the time is right to attack in the East.

The save

ok, got it and will play tonight then so empire can play his turns over the weekend

Top Bottom