Rat30 - 1BC AWE - pangaea

ThERat

Deity
Started us in the game as agreed, we play Japan.

I go an acceptable start with some hills and mountains for the future production and the chance for iron. We have horses close by, but luxes are a little off.

I played close to 20 turns to get us BW. We can now decide as a team, whether we want to go for IW or WC (-> HBR). I think we definitely need an offensive unit and I am inclined to go for the faster WC for a quick archer rush to take out an AI that happens to be near.

Next player can play 10 or 15 turns depending on the amount of 'happenings'

The Roster:
TheRat - just played
TheOverseer - up
el_filet
Greebley
Rodent

I agree, WC is the best line of research for this format. Then we can go IW to see if Iron is handy. If Iron is not handy, we build horsemen to make it that way. That means Writing is some ways away, which begs the question, are we even going to try the GLib this time? Got the save, if anyone has any suggestions or a different plans, speak up soon. Will play tomorrow afternoon.

Unless we are able to grab a good second city that can be turned into a GLib city, I doubt that we will have a chance here. On emperor, we might face so many more units.

I say go Iron Working first, we need it for our UU as well.

30 turns is a long time to not have any offense at all. I will see how long WC takes, if it's significantly less, I'll research that first. IW does us little good right now, iron might not even be handy.

I say we judge the GLib attempt later when we are ready. Often the AI puts off Literature, so it is sometimes possible even fairly late. Ideally we will have a small wonder - fp or heroic epic to fall back on. I have played games where getting Ironworking and even hbr first can still lead to the getting the GLib. And if we don't get it at least it should be on the same land mass :D

I have played my turns. As it turned out, WC was the better deal, so we can now build archers. We have made contact with 2 tribes in 1 turn, the Inca and Babylonians. Cuzco is nicely placed for an archer rush, so that will probably be target #1. I found another luxury nearby, Silks. Now we need the AIs to build a core for us. Here is the turn-log:
Spoiler :

Pre-Flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Open the save, look things over. I change to WC to get some offense sooner.

Civilian units:
Workers 1

Military units:
Warriors 2

Press enter=>

IBT: :sleep:

Turn 1, 3050 BC: Start mining BG. Move warrior off mountain.

Turn 2, 3000 BC: Move warrior east.

IBT: Kyoto Spearman=> Spearman

Turn 3, 2950 BC: Warrior finds Silks north of Kyoto.

IBT: Kyoto grows.

Turn 4, 2900 BC: Warrior finds more Silks north of Kyoto.

Turn 5, 2850 BC: :sleep:

IBT: Kyoto Spearman=>Worker.

Turn 6, 2800 BC: Disband warrior, we are even on unit support at -1gpt

IBT: Kyoto Worker=>Wealth.

Turn 7, 2750 BC: See a Babylonian spear, there’s our first contact.

IBT: An Incan warrior appears also, damn!

Turn 8, 2710 AD: Declare on Inca and Babylon, both tribes have WC, Masonry, and Pottery. We are up the Wheel on both

IBT: Babylonia spear follows warrior north.

Turn 9, 2670 AD: Spot pink borders to the north

Turn 10, 2630 AD: Start Temple, Archer pre-build.

IBT: WC arrives, next is IW.

Turn 11, 2590 AD: Switch Temple to Archer. Set IW to a minimum run for a few turns to get some money in the bank.

IBT: Kyoto Archer=>Archer

Turn 12, 2550 AD: Stop here at turn 30.

Civilian units:
Workers 2

Military units:
Warrior 1
Archer 1
Spearmen 2

One picture:
Spoiler :

Next player can archer rush Cuzco, we can afford 4 more archers to use for that. IW is on minimum to build cash and an army, I burned our gold researching WC. Getting a few towns captured will help defray army costs, then we can afford research.

The save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=181574&stc=1&d=1214776889 This is the correct save.

Cuzco is a little far away. Let's hope the AI settles a bit closer so we can take other cities instead. If we take their capital, distance corruption would kill that city for now.

I will try again, somehow I'm not having any luck with getting the save posted. Hopefully this time it works.

The save:

Not having heard from el filet for a while, we might consider swapping Rodent and el filet as Greebley might be busy with the other game.

Amended Roster:
TheRat - just played
TheOverseer
Rodent - up
Greebley
el_filet

Skip me, I hardly got enough time to breathe

Early:
Incans build a much closer city attempting to grab the Dyes.

Mid: Warriors start Attacking. Two Archers become Elite.

Late: Gain a Leader which I save for now.

Attachments

• Rat30_BC1950.JPG
    Rat30_BC1950.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 126
I realize now that el filet is on vacation til 7/7. Maybe we wait for him to come back to take his turns.

Amended Roster:
TheRat
TheOverseer
Rodent - skipped
Greebley
el_filet - on vacation until 7/7

Is there any other player out there who is interested to join this variant?

Rodent did do his turns in SGFN05 and Rod01, so he may be available. He also recovered faster than expected from his flu bug, so we could see if he wants it before el filet.

I need more time if i am to play, Rod01 still awaits and my mind aint working at full speed yet :(

let's wait for el-filet then

Top Bottom