Rat30 - 1BC AWE - pangaea

cori should have finished it's sword soon. it has grown and 7 spt are a good number to spit out some pults. depending on how hard we're going to push we might need swords from cori though.

:bump:

TheOverseer -up

Do you know you are up? It's now that I realize that el-filet's save has not been done as well, seems like an issue after the server crash and move

I can play tonight after I finish my Rod01 turnset. I may check the save for this first, so I'll know it works. I am a bit behind in things because of doing Cotm50 and Gotm80 this week. They finally had levels of play that you can win without comprehensive micromanagement, so I couldn't resist. I should be back on track now. Sorry about the delay.

P.S. Oh, and I can't find the save. Either I'm blind, or it isn't there.

i guess there was a problem with the upload, so far i was unable to do that. didn't notice an error message during initial upload. you should have an email from me in your inbox, please let me know your adress (reply or pm) to send you the save as attachement.

EDIT: sent save to TheOverseer

It seems currently uploads are down and we have to use email the save (which isn't really ideal)

Got the save loaded. So much has changed! I assume we are letting settler pairs through? In my normal game, I would be grabbing slaves. I'm not going to rush into this turn-set until I'm sure of where we want to be.

I'm finished with this attempt, this one is lost. A better player than I am might have salvaged it, but I can't. I stopped on turn 9 after losing 4 straight battles that were good bets, veteran against unfortified regulars. Our army is yellow, more enemies are pouring in every turn, and they are getting more advanced. I will post my turn-log and the save, but the situation is ultra grim, and in my opinion, hopeless. Better luck next time, I'd say.

Spoiler :

Pre-Flight: CivAssist 2, Word running. Open the save, look things over. Kill the one possible pillager, a Mayan JT with the sword army.

Civilian units:
Workers 5
Slaves 3

Military units:
Archers 1
Spearmen 6
Swordsmen 15
Army 1, 3 Swords

Press enter=>

IBT: Iroquois Sword shaves 3 hp off army, Chinese want to talk, nah. 2 Incan archers get another hp. Maya want to talk, nope.
Cori Sword=>Sword.

Turn 1, 70 AD: Move a sword toward Cuzco, but puts it into archer range, but we need reinforcements there.

IBT: No attacks, but more enemies arrive.
Pottery arrives, next is Horseback Riding in 4 turns at +17 gpt.
Kyoto Sword=>Sword.

Turn 2, 90 AD: Kill 2 Chinese swords, redlining one a lost 2hp on the other.
Kill an Iroquois Archer and a Spear with sword army, losing 3 hp.

IBT: 4 JT’s go toward Cuzco. A Bab Bowman and sword line up on Eulbar, we may lose the town with some bad RnG. Incas start GLib, no worries there.

Turn 3, 110 AD: Kill one JT with army, losing 2 more hp, Lose a sword on another. Kill a Bab spear pillager, redlining the sword. Kill an Iroquois pillager spear losing 1 hp and promoting.

IBT: eSword survives vs vSword at Eulbar. JT shaves 2 hp off our army, other JTs retreat.
Kyoto Sword=>Sword.

Turn 4, 130 AD: Kill 1 Chinese Spear redlining the sword, lose a Sword on Sword there, attacking across rivers really sucks.
Kill Babylonian Bowman, Spear and Sword, Eulbar is safe for now.

IBT: Redlined Chinese rSword attacks our redlined vSword on a mountain, guess who wins? Their guy, of course!

Turn 5, 150 AD: See 1 attack option, kill a rJT with the army, losing the required 3 hp.

IBT: No attacks, more enemies move in.
We get HBR, next is CoL, in 4 turns at -2hp.
Kyoto Sword=>Horse.
Cori Sword=>Sword.

Turn 6, 170 AD: Kill the Chinese vSword with an eSword clean.

IBT: Ouch, I see 4 Iroquois MDIs and 4 Aztec horses and 4 Chinese Swords arrive.
Cuzco Barracks=>Sword.

Turn 7, 190 AD: Kill 2 JTs with army, losing 1hp.
Kill 2 Iroquois Archers with vSwords, 1 guy losing 1hp, the other losing 2.

IBT: I think we are going to lose this. MDIs are showing up, and 3 more Aztec horses plus the original 4 are all ready to take Vilca.
Chinese are after our Dyes, and they kill the fortified sword on top and redline the other. Too many contacts too soon, plus the fact we are in the middle.

Turn 8, 210 AD: Move army to Vilca, otherwise we lose it. Kill a JT so that only 9 units can attack Vilca.

IBT: Army survives, but nearly redlined. Enemy units everywhere, closing in, no way can even a quarter be engaged.
Cori Spear=>Sword.
Vilca Walls=>Catapult.

Turn 9, 230 AD: That’s it, I’m done. 4 attacks on defense 2 units all lose.
This could be played to the bitter end, but it is lost already.

IBT:

Turn 10, 250 AD:

Civilian units:
Workers 5
Slaves 3

Military units:
Archers 1
Spearmen 7
Swordsmen 12
Army 1, 3 Swords

Units: 26, Allowed: 24, Support cost: 2 gpt

Research
Code of Laws, 1 turn at -2 gpt

Sliders
7/1/2

The save:

Sound like a really rough ride...I don't know whether we could have done better? Emperor on pangaea is a tough nut to crack.

Shall we try again? With a better UU?

We were surrounded, the AI was far away and we didn't have towns we were able to grab quickly. Not surprised this one was going to die.

We really want a single close AI civ to fight early and grab some towns with the rest of the civs off in one direction preferably with a reasonable choke.

We could try Persia - good civ for early offense.

I Disagree with Persia. I think the Gallic Sword is better with speed, retreat Ability for a price that is easily done by our large town since we are not making Any Cities. If the Team agrees with Persia, I do not have a problem

The position probably killed us. If we had Early towns to gain, this would have been Easier.

After losing some sleep thinking about this, I think catapults and a better landform might have given us a chance. All the mountains and forests were excellent cover for our enemies, and the rivers delayed troop movement. Rivers are a mixed blessing, they bring income which is good, but the delay in movement hurts. Our next attempt might be a warm dry pangaea, 3 billion years old. I'd like an earlier mobile UU, either the Celts or Iroquois on one end of the pangaea, with ocean to one side so our enemies all come the same way.

so far i'd pick the celts, with a dry world they're an even better fit. persians are certainly a good choice, but have been played a lot - especially in AW games.

seems the team favors the celts. Greebley, are you ok with that?

I would start a Pangaea game with 3 billion and dry?

Ok, will start a new game with Celts today or tomorrow.

sorry guys, am pretty busy at work..will start in during the weekend, where I don't need to rush

Top Bottom