Rat30 - 1BC AWE - pangaea

ThERat, It might be a good idea to recruit another player. 6 players is better when some players are busy. You might want to place an entry in the sign up thread.
if you guys want, I could be a back-up player in case someone drops :)

Guys,

Rod01 is finished, so i think i will pick this up.

Any Objections?

go ahead :goodjob:

Spoiler :
Turn 0- Tojo will have to wait until we get 4 cities :(

Turn 1-nothing

Turn 2-Nothing

Turn 3-nothing

Turn 4-Waiting for Macchu Picchu to bloody grow

Turn 5- Nothing

Turn 6-Incans found another town, judging from the expansion in borders. Kyoto Starts archer production again.

IT- Archer attacks Kyoto, spearman wins easily

People improve our palace :king:

we get floor tiling

Turn 7-Nothing. maybe i should send a few guys scouting

Turn 8-Kyoto Grows.

Turn 9- Macchu Picchu FINALLY Grows.

Turn 10- Attack Macchu picchu

Lose 2 archers, but we capture the city.

Another Archer kills a stray incan archer.

Accidently pressed enter. Next player should keep that in mind that it is a fresh turn

Attachments

• Rat30_BC1575.SAV
    72.9 KB · Views: 48
Good work on capturing a second city. Maybe we should go for the capitol next or search for another city? The newest one will again take too long to expand. I would rather start taking their cities now. Taking the capitol may be the way to go since we can afford more units now with the second city.

I personally don't mind 6 players if Tad wants to play. Or do you only want to be backup?

back from vacation and got it, but wait a while for further comments.

agree with greebley, only making sure another city exists or letting settler out would be a reason to delay further conquest. we can't afford waiting for growth, this will make sure we won't have to wait longer than ten for the next.

i'd welcome a 6th as well as a replacement player, which ever one he preferes.

The problem is that the capital is pretty far away, isn't it? It might be tough to keep it. However, I agree that waiting for the cities to grow might not be an option. Thus, go for the capital.

Amended Roster:
TheRat
TheOverseer
Rodent - skipped
Greebley
el_filet - up

Tad, do you want to play as part of the team as #6 or be a backup only?

Turn 0:
MM Kyoto for food, still 10 spt
increase science to hopefully get swords earlier. there are already beakers invested, finished in 7@-1gpt
not sure our units suffice for a capital conquest. will probably wait 2 or 3 until some new cought up. maybe i get lucky and spot smaller town on our way.

Turn 1:
-

IBT:
spear defends against horse, retreat

Turn 2:
up lux to compensate for MP.

Turn 3:
kill horse and warrior

Turn 4:
rally units, but cori on the way to capital is too small.

IBT:
refuse to talk to incans

Turn 5:
science back, we're out of gold. 3@0gpt with 3g left.

IBT:
spear kills horse
incan scout shows up

Turn 6:
decide for mine on hill over plains, mainly because of the river. regret it the moment remember we might need them for iron.

Turn 7:
worker back on roads
move injured spear out of incan boarders, wait for the one on the way.

IBT:
IW->alpha@min

Turn 8:
closest iron is located 4 tiles east of incan silk city cori.
replacement arrived, next spear 2 behind. injured moved further back, was threatened by archer.

Turn 9:
machu: worker->temple
cori grew: lose 2 archers capturing it. out of units to kill the archer next to it.

IBT:
incan archer decidedes to kill our injuried spear protecting the archers.
another moves toward cori

Turn 10:
kill one of the archers

Notes to next player:
worker on way to road north. suggest you go finish road over silk first and then go east just north of the river.
units were just enough to get this city, but they might be out of units. however, i doubt we can go for the capital with our recent losses.
the lux for kyoto cost us now, but until we connect iron it can hopefully get to 15spt.
only 4 beakers invested in alpha. with the new city we can afford more now. in case we're not going for GLib we can still switch.

Attachments

• Rat30.JPG
    Rat30.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Rat30_BC1325.SAV
    80.9 KB · Views: 53
Just curious... why is the pic so small and blurry?

Ok it's probably just my old eyes for the blurry part :old:

but what does it show?

got it...connecting iron is top priority.

I would stay on alphabet for now, we can decide about the Glib a little later on.

Pre-Turn
change our capital to a worker, we need more of these anyway
employ a scientist in our capital and get science to 50%, alpha in 10

IT defeat archer on defense

1. 1300BC
healing troops, start a temple in our capital

2.1275BC
zzz

3. 1250BC
zzz

4. 1225BC
defeat archer outside of Cori losing one of ours

5. 1200BC
zzz

6. 1175BC
worker steps on silks to connect them

7. 1150BC
a few enemy units get closer to Cori

8. 1125BC
take out an archer next to Cori

I lose another archer next to Cori

9. 1100BC
take out the wounded archer, there are 2 spears closer to our capital

10. 1075BC
take out one spear near Kyoto

11. 1050BC
getting workers to road towards the iron
reduce science

11. 1025BC
alphabet is in, go for masonry
we have silks connected and can reduce lux a further 10%

take out another archer next to Cori

2 workers road the silks, then we should get them onto another forest to road and after roading the plains, build a colony

Amended Roster:
TheRat
TheOverseer - up
Roden
Greebley
el_filet

our empire, remember another city will give us an army

So one more town and we can build a sword Army. If we can grab a non-capitol city, it will be much easier to use the army on the capitol.

There appears to be a floodplain city to the west. Maybe that will be easier than a capitol assault. It should be big enough to capture

@Greebley

Are you sure that capturing that City is a wise Choice? it will be far from reinforcements, and we are likely to meet another civ and more Opposition in that direction

Even if it captured and later abandoned, we can build the army. There is a risk of meeting someone, but this meeting probably wouldn't be put off that much longer anyway. I think it worth the risk.

That said, I think we should also look for another candidate town that is closer - or one may appear before we have sufficient swords. We need swords to also handle incoming units.

The far town is probably not well guarded - 3 swords could succeed with a "just in case" Archer.

We need to meet a few more civs, so that they can get us our Core ;)

@Greebley

Fine then. You have more experience and the logic seems right

Got the save, preparing to play. I will see what I can do about grabbing the floodplain town and try to get some swords built to load into an army. Otherwise, will try to expand and control.

Top Bottom