Rat31 - 1BCAWE - second attempt

Beautiful starting spot, but America for this variant at this level would get us toasted, we need better traits and a real UU.

Notes:

Only the Sumerians have met anyone (incan). The Persian have seen the border, but not met. No Border for China.

Sumeria was 60 Pangea, China 70%, and Persia 80%. Rest random

China just has a barracks now. Persia also has one, Sumeria is building one.

Agressive AI, No science Leaders, No Barbs for all

So everyone decide which you like best (or none of the above).

I am going to vote Persia with the single front and shield heavy start. The first town has the 2 deer, the second can get 3 and we can try for the Wheat, Cow, Fur for the 3rd.

I also like Sumeria for the civ itself. Best defensive civ along with the Greeks. It will get a very early Golden Age when Incans attack.

For China, it was too far to the next cow.

I agree with the Persian single front and the unbeatable UU if we have iron.

I'd say to start a new thread once we have chose a good start.

I'm not too happy about the lack of fresh water, but I agree the persian start gives us the best chance of winning this one. Iron in our lands seems unlikely too, but our three cities should give the AI enough time to grow before we start conquering.

Ya, water will be a concern if we play Persia so I think we will want to build a decent number of workers once our defense is decent and we have the cities down. Fortunately the 3 deer can be used for our second town and so we can get to 7 shields without needing any water or worker actions.

I think the warrior should be retreated for the Persia start and have us not meet yellow until we settle near the cow and wheat - though the yellow civ may beat us there in which case we may be able to take their city instead.

Persia with no water and a very low likelihood of Iron could be very difficult. Also, we won't have much of a core. I think the China start has the best land, all those hills increase the chance of Iron, though it is a bit open and harder to defend. With a knight replacing UU, it could be too late to do much good. My vote is China, overall. Insert Persia into the China start and I'd really be happy.

The Persian start looks playable, even if we don't have iron. I wouldn't bother trying to settle near the wheat - just take whatever city Yellow builds. We may want to consider waiting to build our third city, in case we need to combat-settle a strategic location.

The Chinese start is also good, except I don't like the location of Shanghai. Crossing the river (!) for immediate access to a single BG doesn't seem to be worth the hills that would otherwise have been within the city radius.

I dislike Sumeria for the same reasons Greebley likes them. A defensive UU giving us an early GA won't give us much of an advantage.

Actually I chose Shanhai's location because the AI is almost forced to attack the city across a river giving a us cross-river defense. Also we don't want it next to a mountain - BG's didn't determine placement.

They also may have a second cow there (S-SE. I don't remember now.

It is isolated and the better odds would help it. It of course wants walls too.

On Sumeria, the GA would come earlier than I would like as well. That wasn't really a positive point. I would prefer a start without meeting anyone for a bit longer. I guess I mean I like Sumeria despite the early GA - it can sometimes be leveraged toward an early attack.

In any case we are in agreement on Persia being better.

Greebley, since you have the save and the starting moves, why don't you start the new thread as Rat32?

As you can see, I stared a new thread for you to post the start

Just lurking, but I had to check you guys out.

If you don't have iron with Persia you guys are toast. You may want to play it a few rounds and if water and iron are not nearby go for one of your other starts.

Top Bottom