Votes: 57 9.4%

Votes: 92 15.2%

Votes: 93 15.3%

Votes: 40 6.6%

Votes: 18 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator Action: Lets tone down the arguments a bit please.

If you are willing to settle for far less then loyal, long time Civ fans deserve then that's your choice. Do realize though that settling for an inferior product ensures that we'll get more of the same in the future. :(

People who are not putting up with this crap are doing this community a service. People who settle for far less then we deserve are doing rather the opposite.

All 2K Games and Firaxis look at is $$$. If you reward them in the future by buying DLC, expansions and recommend this substandard game to friends then you will vindicate their decision to water down and dilute our Civ experience.

We have a responsibility to each other here. I politely ask you to reconsider your stance on the game. :)

agreed.

If you are willing to settle for far less then loyal, long time Civ fans deserve then that's your choice. Do realize though that settling for an inferior product ensures that we'll get more of the same in the future. :(

People who are not putting up with this crap are doing this community a service. People who settle for far less then we deserve are doing rather the opposite.

All 2K Games and Firaxis look at is $$$. If you reward them in the future by buying DLC, expansions and recommend this substandard game to friends then you will vindicate their decision to water down and dilute our Civ experience.

We have a responsibility to each other here. I politely ask you to reconsider your stance on the game. :)

However his point is that for some it is NOT an inferior product. At least thats how I read it and it's true, some long time vets really like the game.

Moderator Action: Lets tone down the arguments a bit please.
Oh... Whoops. Srry.:sad:

However his point is that for some it is NOT an inferior product. At least thats how I read it and it's true, some long time vets really like the game.

most of the people that like the game like more simplistic games, with less depth and decison making. I dont realy think that many vets like the game.

Plenty of vets have declared that they like the game. One good example is polycrates.

Yeah well Civ5 IS crap, plain and simple. If you're think it's better than Civ4 then there's not a lot we can talk about.

Plenty of vets have declared that they like the game. One good example is polycrates.

a few vets does not prove much.

judging from you post your not smart enough to play leisure suit larry.

There is no need to insult. Civilization 5 is a big enough insult as it is. :lol:

Actually I thought his post was pretty funny. :)

Please keep it civil.

Gave it a 4, because it has zero replayability, crap AI and balance issues. I think I was pretty generous giving it a 4.

Gave it a 4, because it has zero replayability, crap AI and balance issues. I think I was pretty generous giving it a 4.

this seems to be the general concencious on here.

While some of the ideas are interesting, Civlization 5 is a deeply flawed game. It's currently broken, and will be extremely difficult to fix - many features were implemented without thinking through whether the AI would be able to deal with them, other features can be abused or limitations circumvented, and huge concessions were apparently made for 1upt that severely hurt the building half of the game (and war is no challenge).
It's quite objectively a bad game that hints at indifference or lack of rigour from its creators.

Does that mean it's impossible to enjoy it as a veteran? Of course not. Most of us eat junk food or watch some artistically worthless popcorn movies or play less than brilliant games in betweeen better and worthier things.
'Whatever entertains me is good, whatever doesn't is bad' is simply a misuse of language.

Still, I hope for Civ5 to be as big a disappointment to its publishers as it was for me as a player. I got the distinct impression of a half-baked title aiming for mass marketability to impulse buyers, and would rather not see it rewarded.

If you've played 4 you give it a 1. If this is your first Civ you give it an 8.

Well, I've rated 9 and Ive been civ player since civ 2. you can read my previous post the reason why. :mad:

Euh, no. It's actually much closer to 20%. Specifically the difference between the two means is 17,8%.

5,421 + 10%= 5,9631

So yeah, an 18% higher score is quite substantial. Staggering even.

The poll is out of 10, not out of 5.421. I don't really get why you'd calculate relative to the mean score rather than the score potential of the poll, but I was right - based on the potential scoring bracket, it's less than a 10% difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom