1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by RawSasquatch, Feb 28, 2014.

1. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

Really digging these new map designs, especially the Boers, Biafra and Kurdistan! One small thing, though, is that the black text within the Zion blends in with the background quite a bit.

2. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

I'll do some Decisions for Yucatán when I'm back home. =]

3. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Prince

great RawSasquatch,two things,could you keep the old maps in a file folder &/or put the old maps on steam workshops for those of us who prefer the old maps & two,could you add the capital wastelands as a city for the brotherhood of steel
    Moderator Action: Large image placed in spoiler; would appreciate you did this if in the future you feel the need to quote posts with large images in, which you are prone to doing.

4. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

It's been a while since this thread saw some activity. Was hoping to hear about some updates. Vermont, in particular. Just please do not change the leader to Bernie Sanders.

5. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

>implying the leader is not already bernie

>kek

>feal the bern

6. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

I'd rather not, thank you. I'm fairly sure that could be counted as pedophilia.

7. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

I've been too engrossed in the games my friends got me for Christmas (MGSV, Undertale, and my other friend bought me Saints Row 2 so we could play co-op through the whole series) to do too much work on updates and new civs, but I think it's good to take a break from modding every now and then. I've done it a few times before, and when I feel like I want to hop back in, I always get a ton of work done. My priorities when I get back are updating the NCR & Legion to fix a few bugs and add in the E&D support that ViceVirtuoso finished literally the day after the mod came out; updating California with Ekmek's 3D leaderhead and some new art/balancing, and of course, finishing Yucatan once I get some E&D designs so I can mooch for all the lua at once.

On Vermont in particular, I suppose it's time for an announcement that I've been withholding for too long: Octoski, who's made a lot of American civs like Vermont, Deseret, etc, asked me to take over updating/re-releasing their civs. So on top of my existing plans, I'm gonna try to do that at the same time. And since several of our civs overlap in subject, these are my specific plans for those civs:

Ethan Allen's Vermont: Smash our 2 civs together into one civ, one design. Somehow.

Russel's Cascadia: Will include Russel as an alternate leader for my Cascadia design, and might not update/re-release the more pioneer-oriented design at all. If I do, it's very far back in the queue.

Confederate States: Again, very far back on the queue if at all, and is still even less likely than Cascadia. Might rebrand their design with Robert E. Lee as the leader.

Beausoleil's Acadians: Might simply smash together with the Cajuns/Acadians blob which Colonialist Legacies and I are still planning to make eventually, with the same leader.

8. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Let me see if I understand: Vermont will become one civ, his Cascadia will become an alternative to yours, his CSA will be changed to Robert E. Lee and be included as an alternative and the Acadians will be merged with CL's civ?

9. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Any plans on the Gullah Geechee or will it stay as is? I've kinda wonder about the rest of Oktoski's civs too but the Gullah is sorta the one I'm most interested in as it's the one I expected the least to see...

10. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

Yes, though the old versions of his civs will stay up; yes; maybe, but probably not; and yes.

I'm definitely gonna update the art, but I'm not sure about the design itself. The same goes for all the civs I didn't mention: Deseret, Appalachia, and the Midwest, though I'm not sure about his Las Vegas. I think it'd be okay to leave that one as-is for now.

11. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

INB4 Las Vegas gets merged with New Vegas.

12. senshidenshi

Correct me if I'm wrong (trust me, I often am), but wasn't Acadia a French colony around Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, whereas the Cajuns were based mainly in Louisiana?

13. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

14. senshidenshi

15. sss64sss

sss64sss Warlord

I'm glad to see Appalachia and Deseret are getting updated down the line. :D

16. sss64sss

sss64sss Warlord

Hate to bump (and double-post), but Bhutan is showing up as Oriental in-game for me. Not really a big issue, but figured I should mention it.

17. Klisz

Klisz King

Looks like there's no UpdateDatabase action for the Bhutan Mod Support.sql file.

18. senshidenshi

Hopefully Kramer will fix that alongside the Fallout civs alpha error shortly.

By the way, is E&D the only thing keeping the Yucatan from being completed at the moment?

19. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

Your reply made me realize that I acknowledged Klisz's diagnosis but completely forgot to implement and update it. So, Bhutan just got an update to remedy that problem.

And as for Yucatan, it is both E&D as well as some other lua. Off the top of my head, I think I only need someone to streamline/fix the existing code that spawns a Henequen copy when the capital is founded and when the UB is built, which is currently poorly cobbled together from an old version of the Blackfoot's UB code, and doesn't spawn the resource on tiles with Forest or Jungle. Also, it spawns it near the capital by running the exact same script as the UB script except it triggers when a Palace is built. Which should probably be changed for compatibility with the mods that allow you to move your capital, lest an indecisive Yucatan be carpeted in Henequen.

20. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

Spoiler Decisions :
    D1: Create the Amparo Legal Structure
    "More enlightened times require a more enlightened code of laws; one that protects the rights of the common man from those who would deny their rights, and equally protects the Constitution that enshrines those rights from retrograde, reactionary elements who would seek to vandalize them. Let us reinvigorate our democracy! Let us truly give protection to our citizens!"
    Cost: 2000 Culture, 2 Magistrates
    Requirements:-
    Player must have constructed a Code of Laws
    Player must have entered the Industrial Era (Enlightenment Era if EE is active)
    Player must have completed at least one Social Policy Tree
    Benefits:-
    Social Policy Costs are reduced by -25%
    +1 Culture in all Cities for each Social Policy Tree opened
    Code Of Laws increases Building Production in the City in which it is built by +34%

===

D2: Reinforce with Mayan Soldiers
    "Our country is under threat from those who would seek to take our liberty and incorporate them into their infernal Plans. In order to defend against them, we must make haste to recruit an army from the poor indigenous who work our fields and plantations! Let those who seek to destroy the Republic break upon our soldiery like water upon the cliff-face!"
    Cost: 2000 Gold, 1 Magistrate
    Requirements:-
    Player must have researched Rifling
    Player must be at War with another Major Civilization
    Benefits:-
    2 Cruzob at Level 4 appear outside the Capital
    Cruzob gain Experience 50% faster and grant a +10% Production Bonus when Garrisoned in a non-Occupied City (retained upon upgrading)
    Purchasing Cruzob for Faith starts a We Love The King Day in the relevant City

I believe the word here is "FINALLY!"

Along with "Scapegrace, u laaaazy". =]