RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

I do have a plan, but new civs and other updates take precedence. It'll change the UA and the Royal Regiment to be more unique.

Rhodesia (Ian Smith)
Start Bias: Plains
Capital: :c5capital: Salisbury
UA: Unilateral Declaration of Independence
:c5greatperson: Great Person tile improvements provide +1 of their base yield (to a maximum of +5) for every player that has Denounced or is at War with Rhodesia. Upon researching Radar, all Gun units may Paradrop up to 8 tiles away.
UU: Royal Regiment (Replaces Rifleman)
Unique Rifleman only available to Rhodesia. Gains a slight combat and healing bonus in neutral or enemy territory, and for every Royal Regiment stationed in neutral or enemy territory, :c5greatperson: Great Person generation in the :c5capital: Capital City is increased by +2% (to a maximum of +30%.)
UU: Selous Scout (Replaces Paratrooper)
Unique Paratrooper that has strength on par with Infantry, unlike the unit it replaces. Also has +1 :c5moves: Movement, +25% Attack bonus, and has a chance to capture any unit it defeats.

A more Great Person-oriented civ, based on how well the country held together in terms of industry and infrastructure despite the embargoes and denunciations. Anger the AI, turtle with Great People until the Modern era, blitz into domination victory. Decisions will probably deal with Agricultural Colleges to give it the food boost, and Fireforce to get some early Gunships more effective at flank attacks. You can probably tell the obscene amount of lua this is going to require, and as such why it's so far back on my list of priorities.

I do have a plan, but new civs and other updates take precedence. It'll change the UA and the Royal Regiment to be more unique.

Rhodesia (Ian Smith)
Start Bias: Plains
Capital: :c5capital: Salisbury
UA: Unilateral Declaration of Independence
:c5greatperson: Great Person tile improvements provide +1 of their base yield (to a maximum of +5) for every player that has Denounced or is at War with Rhodesia. Upon researching Radar, all Gun units may Paradrop up to 8 tiles away.
UU: Royal Regiment (Replaces Rifleman)
Unique Rifleman only available to Rhodesia. Gains a slight combat and healing bonus in neutral or enemy territory, and for every Royal Regiment stationed in neutral or enemy territory, :c5greatperson: Great Person generation in the :c5capital: Capital City is increased by +2% (to a maximum of +30%.)
UU: Selous Scout (Replaces Paratrooper)
Unique Paratrooper that has strength on par with Infantry, unlike the unit it replaces. Also has +1 :c5moves: Movement, +25% Attack bonus, and has a chance to capture any unit it defeats.

A more Great Person-oriented civ, based on how well the country held together in terms of industry and infrastructure despite the embargoes and denunciations. Anger the AI, turtle with Great People until the Modern era, blitz into domination victory. Decisions will probably deal with Agricultural Colleges to give it the food boost, and Fireforce to get some early Gunships more effective at flank attacks. You can probably tell the obscene amount of lua this is going to require, and as such why it's so far back on my list of priorities.

I think that design looks great! I really liked the old UA, but if it can be retained as a decision, then.. Yeah. Looking forward to playing them if that's what you settle with.

It's almost Christmas, so take this present from me to you! Bhutan has been released!

Steam Workshop|Imgur Album|Reddit Post

I was determined to get this out before the end of the year, and so was TarcisioCM who so kindly stepped up to the lua plate after GPuzzle's unfortunate computer crash. Many thanks to him, to Gpuzzle, to Ekmek, TPang, and others who helped and inspired me along the way.

Credits
Creator + XML + Art: Sasquatch (AKA Kramer)
Dzong Model: Ekmek
Lua: TarcisioCM
Lua: GPuzzle
Dapon Model: danrell
Civ Icon: TPangolin

Music Credits
Peace Theme: "Druk Tsendhen" and "Ling Sho La"
War Theme: "Blessings Like Rain", by Lama Jigme Tenzin

It's almost Christmas, so take this present from me to you! Bhutan has been released!

Steam Workshop|Imgur Album|Reddit Post

I was determined to get this out before the end of the year, and so was TarcisioCM who so kindly stepped up to the lua plate after GPuzzle's unfortunate computer crash. Many thanks to him, to Gpuzzle, to Ekmek, TPang, and others who helped and inspired me along the way.

Credits
Creator + XML + Art: Sasquatch (AKA Kramer)
Dzong Model: Ekmek
Lua: TarcisioCM
Lua: GPuzzle
Dapon Model: danrell
Civ Icon: TPangolin

Music Credits
Peace Theme: "Druk Tsendhen" and "Ling Sho La"
War Theme: "Blessings Like Rain", by Lama Jigme Tenzin

Obviously I'm extremely happy about this release! (albiet the Bhutanese weren't exactly shortlived like at all) So is Yucatan still in the works? Has there been progress in any of the other civs? Also is there any chance you can do a DOM Screen for something thats on its way to release?

Obviously I'm extremely happy about this release! (albiet the Bhutanese weren't exactly shortlived like at all) So is Yucatan still in the works? Has there been progress in any of the other civs? Also is there any chance you can do a DOM Screen for something thats on its way to release?

Yes, yes, and sure, assuming both the leader scene and the map are both already done. I got suckered into making a leader scene I didn't want to make once when someone phrased a request like that.

But I didn't you anything :sad: Couldn't you have just named the leader Wangchuck? It would fit much more nicely on my "modded civs cheat sheet" :mischief:

I honestly might have, but there was an issue. His father was named Jigme Wangchuck, and a little birdy told me through the grapevine that someone else is/was secretly making their own Bhutan civ led by him. If it weren't for our great republic's impressive network of spies and informants, I would have taken the entire production process of Bhutan at my own leisure and might have been caught with my pants down.

Thanks so much for the release! I've been looking forward to Bhutan for a while, and it seems it was worth the wait. The art looks real nice.

Bhutanese uu did not replace the archer. I researched archery but could only product normal archers

Btw, composite bowman was not shown in the tech of construction

Thanks for pointing that out, I updated the mod really quickly to fix it. It should work now.

Thanks for this release RS and Kramer!

Absolutely brilliant, a Bhutan mod has been long overdue!

RawSasquatch and Kramer are like Batman and Bruce Wayne - you've never seen them together in the same place, have you?

Bhutan are proving really fun to play - truly a fantastic release to end the year with. I seem to be getting TXT_KEY errors in Wangchuck's pedia entry though. Namely for his title, subtitle and birth/death dates.

Allow me to wish everyone a happy 2016, and ring in the new year with some hot-off-the-presses content! My map-making skills have significantly increased recently, when I made the amazing discovery of the Overlay function. For a peek at the civs and updates to come, let me compare several old maps with new versions, and then some more brand-new ones!
BEFORE

AFTER

I'm pretty sure the next release is going to be Yucatan, followed by Kurdistan or the Commonwealth Minutemen, or perhaps even Zion. But for that to happen, I need some lua. And before I can ask anyone for lua, I need to have some designs for Yucatan's unique Decisions. And I'm a bit too busy with art and such to do the research required to come up with some on my own, so I really need some help there.

Either way, Happy New Year to all! I can't wait to see where we'll go this year.

Top Bottom