RB18(b): Romanus eunt domus (again)!

Rex Tyrannus

280lbs of gross stupidity
Pontious Piwot

Fwiends, Womans, countwymen, welcome to Wome, the city of seven six hills, the most civiwized empiah histowy has evah known.

As you can see, all woads wead to Wome. Woads? Yes, we have woads. We have woads, aqueducts, wine, sanitation, pubwic owdah, and have been neawwy bawbawian fwee since that wapscawwion Hannibal fewt ouw wwath awmost two hundwed yeahs ago! Thanks to ouw woads, and ouw gweat owdah, Wome dances softwy into a gweat Pax Womana, having conquewed aww enemies of the Woman world. All that is weft to stand in ouw way of gwobal domination are a few insignifcant bawbawians, and maybe one or two twoublesome pwovinces.

Gawiwee, home to the notowious Judean Peoples' Fwont, whom we wovingly gave our woads, wine, and aqueduct.

And, of couwse, The Peoples' Fwont of Judea, wed by Weg, pubwic enemy numbah one!

I Pontious Piwot, awong with my vewy deah fwiend, Biggus Dickus, awe chawged by Caesaw himsewf to wid Wome once and fow aww of this webewwious scouwge!

Reg

Right, having already dismantled the gears of empire once already (and through a freak malfunction of the easy-button), we, the Peoples' Front of Judea do hereby, and with a simple two-thirds majority, vow to once again oppress the oppressors, fight the good fight, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Our leader...the ever beurocratic and only almost ever confident Reg. Bum ba ba baaaahhhh!

Right, that's out of the way. So we're the Peoples' Front of Judea. If you're going to join us, you've got to really hate the Romans. The only people we hate more than the Romans is the f---ing Judean Peoples' Front. Splitters! And the only people we hate more than the Judean Peoples' Front is the Popular Front, (who, unfortunately, couldn't be here today due to contractual obligations, three tons of rice, and a very small hamster).

Ex Leppar

So what's it about this game that's so special? Why you gotta go and do it all over again? Well, as it turns out, the bloody Romans couldn't even give 'er a go at it long enough to make it a sporting show. Had to go and bleed all over the place just as it was gettin' good, they did. Sos we gone and upped the ante. That's us. Nothing's worth doing unless it's done in the face of impossible odds. That's what I always say.

See, last time we had the barbarians on our side and, once we discovered Bronze Workin', we suddenly had us an army of Barbarian Axemen just chompin on the bit to make an ex-civilization out o' Rome. Not so much as a "by your leave". Took our livlihood right away.

So I figured, this time, maybe, they could just sort of be menacing. Maybe on alternate Wednesdays. Know what I mean? We can still be partnered with the barbarians, but this time, to make it fair, Rome starts in the Classical era, with four extra settlers.

We, being the Peoples' Front o' Judea and such, start with Monotheism and have the Jewish holy city. We're at war with everybody and that'll just never end unless it's us or Rome at the pointy bit of the sword. Or, I suppose the Judean Peoples' Front, but they're just a bunch of splitters. What'll they ever do?

Back to Reg

Now then, currently, the PFJ consists of the following siblings:
Rex Tyrannus,
Mostly_Harmless,
Ozbenno,
Talamane,
Dreylin,
Imhotep,
and Pholkhero

Though we're always seeking new martyrs every day (marginal skills with Latin manditory). The various rules and bylaws (variants) are too numerous to list. We'll just trust that each brother carries out the fight against oppression in his (or her) own special way.

Good luck, siblings. As I have a bad back, I won't be going with you. That leaves Mostly_Harmless up. Play as many as you like, but remember: NO BLACKMAIL!

Bloody hell! I gave you screen shots? Do I have to do everything around here?

Other non-vitals left out of the previous report:

• Terra map
  • Arid climate
  • The leader of the JPF is Reginald, they're also "German" but yellow.
  • I gave JPF a size two city, a settler, a worker, an archer 500 gold and 500 culture and Judaism.
  • I gave Rome a size three city, 1000 culture, 1000 gold, four settlers, archer, worker, and all Ancient-era techs
  • I gave us squat. (Well, excepting Bwian, ouw pwophet.)
  • All war. (JPF and Rome are not at war)
  • Raging barbs
  • Monarch
  • We're boned

mostly-harmless said:
Checking in. So I got it and will play Monday morning (GMT) most likely. How many turns???

1, 5, 10, 37, 158. Whatever. I think I played 30 to open last game. Personally, I don't much care.

Rex Tyrannus said:
So what's it about this game that's so special? Why you gotta go and do it all over again? Well, as it turns out, the bloody Romans couldn't even give 'er a go at it long enough to make it a sporting show. Had to go and bleed all over the place just as it was gettin' good, they did. Sos we gone and upped the ante. That's us. Nothing's worth doing unless it's done in the face of impossible odds. That's what I always say.

See, last time we had the barbarians on our side and, once we discovered Bronze Workin', we suddenly had us an army of Barbarian Axemen just chompin on the bit to make an ex-civilization out o' Rome. Not so much as a "by your leave". Took our livlihood right away.

So I figured, this time, maybe, they could just sort of be menacing. Maybe on alternate Wednesdays

The only thing I hate more than the Romans is the Popular Front, and the only thing I hate more than the Popular front is the JPF.

Goooooooooooo Romans and Popular Front!!!!!!!!!! and not just on alternate Wednesdays!!!!!

Question: Whatever happened to the Popular Front? (hint: he's over there)

Thanks for getting this ball rolling over my weekend hiatus (i was sojourning with the Campaign for Free Galilee and i've got a great idea as to how we can dismantle the entire Roman state on 64k a day ~ )

Harmless, any progress??

Harmless, any progress??
Ahem, yes, well, cough, progress ..., I thought a bit about the starting position, ... and then a bit more.... and then well.
Will play tomorrow. For sure! Brothers, and sisters, have faith.
Meanwhile I am happy to have your comments....

Brothers (and sisters)!

Forrrrrr....

he's a jolly good harmless
for he's a jolly good harmless
for he's a jolly good harmmmmmmm lessssssssss
and so say all of us...

and so say all of us - (that's enough)

i'm thinking, given that praets ain't too far now that Rome is classical, BW should be tech 1 and warrior be the first build ~

I gave Rome all ancient techs, but no classical. So they don't have Iron Working. But I gifted them Iron on a plains hill with a road and a mine. So as soon as they research IW, they'll be pleasantly surprised. My guess is about 12 turns.

I thought about making a road all the way from Rome to PFJHQ, but decided that I didn't want to lose that early. Maybe in about 45 turns, we'll see some Praetonians? Either way, archery or bronze should be first priority. Which is the best use of hammers against praets? Anyone care to do the math?

Oh, and go bugger yourself.

Rex Tyrannus said:
I thought about making a road all the way from Rome to PFJHQ, but decided that I didn't want to lose that early. Maybe in about 45 turns, we'll see some Praetonians? Either way, archery or bronze should be first priority. Which is the best use of hammers against praets? Anyone care to do the math?

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT AT DOING MATHS.

I would have thought that axes (+50% melee) were more effective than archers (maybe roughly twice, unpromoted). Are axes twice the hammers of archers? I can't see archers surviving a praet assault at all (regardless of promotions).

i would think axes MUST be the first thing to go to ~ at least they can form an active defense if need be

Zeee Romans are coming, Zee the Romans are coming..........

Uh....... wait a minute, right thread wrong theme

3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0 3:0

Cough. Ahem, fellow brothers and sisters of the one and only true movement...
here are the tales of the PFJ under the rule of our beloved and strikingly good looking chairman mostly-harmless.:king:

Taking stock of the movements belongings, one has to weep.:cry:
One single resource, not worth more than a forest unless we know how to do agriculture, which we do not. And of course rumours of crazy rodents peeing in the fresh waters seas can neither be confirmed nor denied by the movements ruling echelon. (wtf are these beavers doing there anyway???)

Bwian wandering the lands, instigating the villagers....

On the bright side of things we see a reappearance of Loretta. And she finds Galilee soon. Oddly there is still a settler in there by 3610BC. Reg (how come Reg is the leader of the hated JPF? I alwaysed thought him a steady member of the right movement. Well anyway, we have to see what to do against that later) has converted to Judaism as expected.

JC makes a point in founding Hinduism and converting to it straight away. Also Buddhism is founded somewhere.

Since the tame beast are spotting the first Roman archers wandering the land research of course went into BW first and warriors were ordered up.

In a flash of optimism some shields were put into the forming of a working party just before BW would reveal the abundance of copper in our direct neighbourhoos, but ... nothing is found anywhere!!!:eek:

And with the following situation overview I pass on the responsibility of leadership to brother Ozbenno. (I hope our movement is solid enough for me to see a second term...) I played 24 turns I think. That number has a great symbolic meaning to our movement.

Situation:
Archery is researched to get us some better defenders. Roman units are moving in the east a lot. Also a Roman settlement has been put up very close to our secret HQ. :mad:

Once we get archery and the HQ pops to size I suggest to switch to slavery and organized religion. The former for being able to quickly equip some of our peasants with bows.

And here without further ado ... the save:
View attachment Reg BC-3310.zip

:worship: 24 :worship:

Excellent! We need do-ers in our movement, MH. From now on, you shall be named: Mostly_harmless that is called Mostly_harmless.

damn...so Rex gave Rome some iron and, in his infinite compassion, gave us no metal?!?
Mrs Cohen said:
That doesn't sound very wise to me!

at least we can trade with the Bar Bars for metal...oh, that's right . . .

phew, i already feel like we're in over our head ~ but we wouldn't be the PFJ if it wasn't a long-shot ~ so, i think this time, we need to have a few more cities, right??

~ ohhhh, what i wouldn't give to be spat at in the face ~ :vomit: :yup:

Rex Tyrannus >> washing up in the aqueduct
Mostly_Harmless >> just played, enjoying the clean streets
Ozbenno >> UP NOW, drinking wine
Talamane >> on deck, irrigating his fields
Dreylin >> walking safely on the streets at night
Imhotep >> being healthy
Pholkhero >> enjoying the free speech ;)

Bloody hell, that Roman city is close. That's oppression, I tell you.

@MH Reg is our leader. The JPF's leader is Reginald.

@Pholk, I honestly don't remember what metals are near by or where they are but I do remember that at least one was close by. Perhaps that's why Rome has settled so closely?

And yes, I put beavers on the lake. Seemed fitting after Pholk hamstrung us last time. (You can't tell me that one beaver and nothing else happened naturally.) I'm curious to know what it does to the tile yield. I wonder, if you put a cow on the lake, would you get a hammer from it?

Rex Tyrannus said:
And yes, I put beavers on the lake. Seemed fitting after Pholk hamstrung us last time. (You can't tell me that one beaver and nothing else happened naturally.) I'm curious to know what it does to the tile yield. I wonder, if you put a cow on the lake, would you get a hammer from it?
I wish i were that clever ~ i ADDED the copper that was in our BFC last time and that was it ~ oasis maps are crazy, i think :crazyeye:

Top Bottom