RB29c - Cultural Extermination

Superb start soooo :eek: . Founding our second city on that spot with hinduism in it. Beautiful. Ill need 24 hours because I still have to get RB28 started :lol:

When St Pete grows to size 2, work the 2 oasises and change to worker. Whip worker when possible, overflow into stonehenge. Use worker to build mines + chop forests for St Pete and turn it into production city. Build stonehenge here. Hopefully this city becomes a double-holy one and steals Paris' cows :p. Build oracle in same city as stonehenge to get a prophet quicker.
Swein - please don't plagiarize other members of this SG. If you would like to provide your own (unwelcome) input towards Sooooo's advice, it is only appropriate to give him credit for what he has written.

Also, and I don't want to be extra rude, but we need to realistic here about advice giving. I'm the weakest member of this team, and I've won on Emperor. You seem to have played a handful of games on Noble. Lets try to keep some perspective on who should be advising who. I may lurk and even comment on games played by other players, but you won't see me advising players in an Immortal Always War game or the like because I know they probably know better.

Since you do seem to enjoy contributing to threads and examining strategy, I will again advise you to post in the Strategy subforum or start your own SG. Then you can really begin contributing around here and make a name for yourself other than spammer.

I think he just missed out some quote tags but yeah.

Swein Forkbeard, in the interests of keeping the peace, maybe it's best you allow the cultural extermination threads to progress without your input. I understand you're excited about CIV and like to offer help - that is certainly a noble cause. But maybe for now it's better to sit back and watch.

Quick question about the 2nd city placement. In Sulla's "example game" he made the point of noting and trying to place cities on a direct axis with the AI city. His reasoning was that culture is stronger on the axis than on the diagonal. I notice that your 2nd city just off to the right agains Nappy's city. Was that due to the bad lands to the West? Should bad lands be a consideration? By placing the city 2W of where it is you would have still gotten the corn and one of the oasis. Just trying to understand if it is more important to force the culture on the axis than worry about the land around your city. :confused:

Sorry to interupt the flow. Please continue. ;)

Swein - please don't plagiarize other members of this SG. If you would like to provide your own (unwelcome) input towards Sooooo's advice, it is only appropriate to give him credit for what he has written.

Also, and I don't want to be extra rude, but we need to realistic here about advice giving. I'm the weakest member of this team, and I've won on Emperor. You seem to have played a handful of games on Noble. Lets try to keep some perspective on who should be advising who. I may lurk and even comment on games played by other players, but you won't see me advising players in an Immortal Always War game or the like because I know they probably know better.

Since you do seem to enjoy contributing to threads and examining strategy, I will again advise you to post in the Strategy subforum or start your own SG. Then you can really begin contributing around here and make a name for yourself other than spammer.

I was trying to quote, but that turned in to be not so much of it. I'm just perhaps telling the players what I would do if I were them.

Dawn, you are correct. Most cities should try to be in a direct line to target cities. However, I don't think flipping Paris will be too great a problem this game, especially if we get judaism in St Pete. Also we can place another city to the west of Paris to do a double-squeeze. Next city may want to be 3N of Kyoto, or 3S of Washington. Of course, the AI's second cities will probably disrupt this.

Thanks Sooooo. I have used the multiple city approach to bring culture pressure from different sides, but hadn't heard about the axis versus diagonal strategy before.

Yeah, I don't think it will matter for you guys this early in the game. Your culture output is so far above Nappy he doesn't stand a chance.

Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Thanks Sooooo. I have used the multiple city approach to bring culture pressure from different sides, but hadn't heard about the axis versus diagonal strategy before.

Ah, the joys of stepDistance() vs plotDistance().

Maybe, since all four teams used the same start, we should turn this into some sort of competition?

Well, it is somewhat similar to a competition. We are using it mostly for comparison purposes. We will not look at the other threads for spoiler information. You said that the other teams founded Hinduism and Buddhism as well. I guess that is partially-spoilerish.

You said that the other teams founded Hinduism and Buddhism as well. I guess that is partially-spoilerish.

I hope not. I figured it doesn't give you any info that would help you with your game, otherwise I wouldn't have told you.

Sorry if you didn't want to know what I said about the other teams. :stupid:

I hope not. I figured it doesn't give you any info that would help you with your game, otherwise I wouldn't have told you.

Sorry if you didn't want to know that.
The RB tournament rules prohibit all information exchange, and while this is not a tournament I think erring to the side of caution is probably called for. Any information naturally invites comparison and therefore affects the game. Probably those us that are lurking should refrain from bringing information from one RB29 thread to another.

@Sunrise- I am not playing because I currently have 2 SGs and I am really hitting the crunch time for finishing the book I am working on. Plus I am going on vacation in May overseas and the game may not finish in time

Found a city to make a military crank for eternity! Build a barracks there first and then start cranking out some archers (or warriors). I understand that you can't capture cities with military, but this is NOT Always Peace, and you've got some of the most Aggressive rivals ever (Napoleon Bonaparte and Genghis Khan! You've got to be kidding me!).

Played 30. Sooooo's opening moves and plan to mvoe forward is extremely good, and I saw no holes in it so I decided to play along ;).

I grew St.Pete to size 2 and started worker, also left workboat at max production. One thing soooo didnt mention was we can switch away from the max production tile if we are about to get some overflow from workboat, so I did that (Primarily so I can say I actually did something that was my idea :lol: ).

Bronze working is researched, and guess what..

Soooo.. your a genius. Anyways, I started thinking about a gambit, which I needed only 5-6 extra turns to do.. but it would have been a huge play if it was possible. Basically, what I was planning was to start settler in capital at size 2, use the worker from St.Pete to chop a forest into the settler, than whip it for 1 pop when it was possible. I would then rush and found the city 3W of WashingtonDC. Then put judiasm into that city.. man I was almost crying in pleasure thinking about this plan... until I noticed that Washington's borders would expand at turn 76(Making it impossible to found the city I was talking about) :mad: :mad: :mad: . If they expanded at turn 80, this plan would have worked.. but meh :(

So I just continued going along with what soooo said :cool: . Whipped worker when it was possible, put overflow into the warrior which wasnt completed, and then started mining the copper. We can chop the forests later, I would prefer to improve the production tiles first incase we need to rush a warrior or something. :lol:

Grew the capital to size 4 and started settler, also improved ivory in St.Pete. Monotheism is founded and Judiasm goes into St.Petersburg :goodjob: .

Paris is in trouble. Set research to agriculture next. Napoleon founded Orleans, and our settler will be out soon. The situation:

So, the only real thing to talk about is our second settlers location. Research is pretty much optional now, although I would suggest getting wheel soon, following that up with AH? and then preisthood+writing when we are ready to build oracle. I think we have 2 options for our next settler, either we go wild and go after Hamburg or put more pressure on napoleon. I would prefer going after hamburg since thats a much better city location, even though its going to cost us in distance maintenance, its really going to be the best city location anywhere near our capital. 3E1N of hamburg is the ideal spot for that city.

SAVE:

Attachments

• RB29 - Cultural Extermination BC-1600.Civ4SavedGame
    86.1 KB · Views: 96
Got it.

I'll wait for input/discussion before I play. I'm going to take a look at the save now to see what locations for city 3 are good.

We can also put some pressure on washington's second city, but the city we will have to found to do that will be at a disgusting location :p. (On top of 1 incense).

Theres a nice spot 1E of the pigs by Kyoto, but we cannot possibly get there without open borders. I think the city that you pointed out would do nicely as a third city. I'm just a bit worried about leaving the other AI capitals without our pressure for too long.

There is also a possible spot south of Hamburg, but that city needs Iron Working to be useful and only put pressure on Hamburg.

Copper at St Pete is good! We have it at the capital too, though not in the BFC. Roosevelt's second city is in the most annoying position possible. We could put a city 3E, 1S of it once we get open borders.

We could put a city 3N of Hamburg maybe.

Top Bottom