Rbw2 - Angry Korea Man

Executive Summary:

• We have a settler sitting in Seoul because I didn't have enough units to cover it and Hannibal's attack.
  • I've been trying to hook up the copper, but Hannibal's been harassing it. The roads are up, but the mine is not finished.
  • Code of Laws is due in one turn, so we should get Confucianism. I'm hoping it founds in Pyongyang, so if we stay with no state religion, we get the extra culture, but Seoul would be nice in the long run.
  • Hannibal has a total of five units near Seoul: two CR1 spears, one C1 spear, one CR1 axe, and one C1 archer. We have two turns left on the remaining whip unhappiness, and a longbow the next player can two-pop whip when they feel it's necessary. (I suggest sending the overflow to another longbow.) We have a 5 XP unpromoted longbow, a shock chariot, and a green warrior in Seoul. There's a barbarian archer approaching Pyongyang; it has a 3 XP unpromoted longbow, and I've also sent our flanking 1 chariot south, to potentially deal with the archer and garrison Pyongyang if the next player wants to send its garrison to help Seoul. Pyongyang will finish another longbow next turn.

My Turn Log:

Inherited Turn (1200 BC): I double-revolt to Vassalage and Hereditary Rule. We'll want Slavery, not Serfdom, and it would take an additional turn of anarchy to revolt to three civics, so it wouldn't save anything. I switch work to Bronze Working, since I really need Slavery.

1160-1120 BC: Bismarck groups up his units, I build chariots. Forest grows near Seoul.

1080 BC: Hannibal has an CR1 axe and an C1 archer next to Seoul; I have a chariot finished this turn (I promote to C1), a C1/medic warrior, and a green warrior for defense. There's also a C1 spear coming at Pyongyang. I have nothing much to do but pray. Seoul starts a longbow.

IBT: Chariot defeats the axe, then the medic warrior loses to the archer. A forest grows near Seoul.

1040 BC: I kill the weakened archer with the chariot at 99.8% odds. Pyongyang finishes a chariot and starts a longbow. We have a lot of cash; I decide to upgrade Pyongyang's archer to a longbow so I can prevent the spear from pillaging.

IBT: Great Lighthouse is BIAFAL. We have copper!

1000 BC: With Bronze Working finished, I decide to go for Code of Laws--I might as Ill found Confucianism, given I're halfway done with the tech. One of Mao's archers is wandering around south of our cities. I guess they got stranded there at some point? Hannibal has sent a stack of two CR1 axes our direction. I promote Seoul's chariot to shock and Pyongyang's to flanking 1, and make ready to go after the stack next turn. Pyongyang's upgraded longbow kills Hannibal's spear.

IBT: Hannibal's stack moves towards Seoul.

975 BC: I revolt to Slavery. (I had to wait out the 5 turns between revolutions.) I move the chariots against Hannibal's axes.

950 BC: Hannibal has another C1 spear coming in. I whip a barracks in Seoul, so the next longbow will get two promotions out of the gate. Our chariots slaughter Hannibal's stack on open ground.

IBT: Ghengis declares war on Mansa.

925-875 BC: Chariots move back to Seoul to heal. I build longbows.

IBT: Mansa and Ghengis both ask us to declare war on the other. Um, no, I think we have enough wars already.

850-825 BC: I dance around with longbow against a spear at Seoul.

IBT: Pyramids BIAFAL.

775 BC: A barb warrior approaches Pyongyang, and I kill it with Pyongyang's longbow. A stack of two CR1 spears, a CR1 axe, and a C1 archer appears from Hannibal's direction. I whip a barracks in Pyongyang, sending the overflow to another longbow.

750 BC: More dancing with spears. A barb archer has appeared near Pyongyang.

Attachments

• ANGRY KOREA MAN BC-0750.CivWarlordsSave
    255.3 KB · Views: 118
[*] I've been trying to hook up the copper, but Hannibal's been harassing it. The roads are up, but the mine is not finished.

Remember not to build melee units, you can put shock on a longbow since it already has the firststrike, that should let you take care of some of those units in the field. Or put a hills 2 longbow on a hill to draw attacks, maybe coupled with a chariot?

Yup. In this case, I was more concerned about the production than anything else: with only two cities and just arriving at Slavery, we've been kind of in a bottleneck. Hopefully the longbows will take care of that, go longbows!

I think I'm up next, and I assume we're playing with 24hour "got-it" and then 36-48 hours to post the next turnset? If that's correct, I'll plan to play my turns tomorrow evening. Feel free to use the time between now and then to load up on the strategy advice.
SHUT UP I HATE STRATEGY!

Actually I think a good plan would be peace with Hannibal ASAP, so we can get our settler down to the plains hills south of Seoul for Oasis-Marble.

Tech-wise, I'd say Maths-Masonry-Construction, so we can start to take the fight to the AI and get best value for all that chopping we need at Seoul.

As Hannibal is coming with spears, longbows will be the main unit to build.

that city should really have been settled by now :(

Either the marble hill (best) or horse/rice hill (safer) would have worked, and the city would've only taken 6 turns to train an archer. And it would've got conf (probably) and popped the borders quickly.

There was a barb warrior wandering around in the south for a good part of my turnset. I didn't want to be the person who founded the city, only to let the barbs walk in :(.

Sorry Team, I think I'm going to have to at least take a Skip due to technical issues.

I have the AI mod downloaded and unzipped to the correct directory, and it even shows up in-game. But whenever I try to run said mod, either by loading it directly or attempting to open the save I suffer a runtime error. Can anyone point to what I might be doing wrong?

Sorry this may be considered spamming but I signed up for a RB account and it hasn't activated even though i've had it for a while now:confused: . If someone would help i would be thankful::)

PS: you guys rule

Sorry Team, I think I'm going to have to at least take a Skip due to technical issues.

I have the AI mod downloaded and unzipped to the correct directory, and it even shows up in-game. But whenever I try to run said mod, either by loading it directly or attempting to open the save I suffer a runtime error. Can anyone point to what I might be doing wrong?

First guess, you have the vanilla mod installed for warlords, or the warlords mod and you running vanilla civ.

-Iustus

eh....don't think so. I downloaded the link Blake posted in the first post, and I'm definately in Warlords when I try to run the mod.

Does your mod install look like this?

Where are the files installed? What files are where inside the mod folder? Something is obviously wrong. You did expand the zip file right?

-Iustus

Sorry this may be considered spamming but I signed up for a RB account and it hasn't activated even though i've had it for a while now:confused: . If someone would help i would be thankful::)
Welcome :)

I think if you email or private message Griselda or KingOfPain then they can sort it out for you. You can find links to their email at the bottom of the Realms Beyond Civ page.

SHUT UP I HATE BEING OOP!

I'm OOP until Sunday 28 Jan. Trip is weather dependent, so I'll post if I'm back sooner.

Would somebody just play a turnset here. I mean we poped Monarchy for goodness sake and then took Feudalism with the Oracle, how could you not want to see where this game is going? Espeically now that things just got so spice with the Hannibal war declaration too.

Would somebody just play a turnset here.

lurker's comment:
I HATE GUESSING WHOM IS UP.

How about posting a roster!

WHY ISN'T ANYONE PLAYING. I'M ANGRY

I think sunrise has things figured out, and since it is his turn, he should be playing. We haven't really heard from Blake, and Swiss is OOP until tomorrow. Unless sunrise decides to pick it up, I WILL PLAY AGAIN! :mad:

Top Bottom