1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Readmes and documentation

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Thalassicus, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Hi everyone, I have a question... what changes would you like to see with the readmes and documentation, if any?

One person suggested I combine the readmes into one html document like a manual, with sections for each component (combat, city development, etc). Do you think this would make information easier to find?

2. rhammer640

rhammer640 Russian Monk

I think that this would be a good thing, especially when the the changes start to blend the lines between mods it can be hard to find which mod the change was made in, etc.

3. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

Yes, I think this would be fantastic. A changelog is much harder to follow given the large number of versions.

It would also make it easier to identify "intended" changes which weren't working for some reason.

4. rhammer640

rhammer640 Russian Monk

also if possible it would be nice that the changes were always in context of vanilla, so instead of writing just +1 food it would say after something like 2 food vanilla -> 3 food. This would make it even easier to determine if an aspect of the mod was working properly and also for ppl new to the mod to make it easier for them to identify changes while playing. I know for me its sometimes hard to remember what base vanilla values even were, lol