Real Eurekas

Real Eurekas 5.0.1

Well, it says "train" Inquisitor. I had my doubts about that - you buy it with faith only.
Yup. The story is that vanilla game supports „train a unit” boost. I used it to „train inquisitor” and it worked. But it works weird, e.g. when I used it to do „train a settler”, it fired a boost when game started with the initial settler. So probably the boost is not actually „train” but „just have it”. I ceated a custom boost that really detects training a unit, so e.g. First settler is no longer a problem, you really need to train a new one to trigger it. But apparently it doesn’t work for faith-purchase. If this is the case, then I know how to fix it.

Infixo, if you attach here a file with a new English textlines for Real Eurekas I can translate it fast. And then I'll send back a new file here in this topic. Usually I'm look through text and see that mod authors are added new lines just after the old ones. But I understand you, maybe you had a good reason to regroupe text lines a little. So my offer just saves our time. Maybe in some scripts editors we do have an option to easily find and edit textlines, but I don't know which line exactly to find. I'm really want to make this mod more popular and more accessible for russian players. And I hope that other folks here have also will make translations for their languages.

@Tolerant 1. The file is part of the mod. It is on Steam and here. 2. The text and boost assignment are generated from an Exel file that I keep. It has its own structure. I usally only add lines, rarely remove. 3. Notepad++ has a nice plugin for comparing files. 4. I plan to work on the mod in the next few days, adding boosts for GS techs and civics, so we’d better wait until I finish that.

Infixo updated Real Eurekas with a new update entry:

Version 4.0 Randomization

Version 4.0
- Added: New custom boosts "Pillage an improvement with a unit" and "Have a unit with x promotions".
- Added: 36 news boosts specific for Gathering Storm.
- Changed: Major changes to how randomization works. There is now a possibility to have random boosts but the same for the entire game. See RealEurekas_0_Setup.sql for instructions how to do that.
- Added: MultiPlayer support. All math.random calls removed from UI scripts. Use Option A as a randomization method.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Machinery eureka: settle first 2 cities on 7 woods tiles - close to impossible I think. Woods and jungle are not the same, if they were, it still would be extremely hard I think.

Infixo, is there any chance that you send me a file with new english lines or I need to find them myself? I know that you're testing and changing the mod for good, but I need to know when is the best time to finish and integrate my translation. After that I'm always will be playing with Real Eurekas (not temporaly like now) and give good feedback if it's needed.

@Tolerant
The easiest way is to compare old file that you translated with the current one, using e.g. Notepad++. See picture below. All green lines are new. Yellow are changed a bit.
I will not do any updates for at least 2 weeks.

Spoiler :

comparison.jpg

I'll change it to 5 in the next update.

Still, don't you think that settling first 2 cities would boost machinery in ancient era? 3rd and 4th city I would understand, but first and second are never settled later than ancient era.

Infixo -- GREAT WORK. This is an awesome result, and look forward to testing it out.

In looking at the code, if I go with Option A (SP and MP), and play SP but on multiple machines (desktop and laptop), I must use the same seed on both machines to make sure the game uses the same eurekas on reload. And I would presume that in the middle of a game -- if I save the game, change the seed, and reload the game, I should get changed eurekas. Is that correct?

As such, if I go with Option A, and spawn 2 different games, without changing the seed number, I should have the same eurekas/inspirations for both of those different games -- is that correct? So, in order to have multiple games going with different eurekas that remain static for that game, I have to manually change the seed number to the initiated seed number when I launched the game, is that correct?

So -- what (to me) would be the ultimate in SP would be a situation where every new game gets randomized eurekas/inspirations, but they don't change on reload. Could this potentially be accomplished by seeding Option A with the map seeding? I haven't looked into that seeding number (often I see a negative number there -- and not sure if it is more than 9 digits in length) -- but this might allow for a static result once the game is launched, but randomization in creating the new game.

Again, great work on this and Real Strategy -- both have been incredible additions to the Civ playing experience.

In looking at the code, if I go with Option A (SP and MP), and play SP but on multiple machines (desktop and laptop), I must use the same seed on both machines to make sure the game uses the same eurekas on reload. And I would presume that in the middle of a game -- if I save the game, change the seed, and reload the game, I should get changed eurekas. Is that correct?
Correct. Same number, same eurekas. Different number, different eurekas.

As such, if I go with Option A, and spawn 2 different games, without changing the seed number, I should have the same eurekas/inspirations for both of those different games -- is that correct?
Correct, provided both games use the same ruleset. Gathering Storm has more techs and more civics, thus more boosts, thus the same seed will generate different results for GS and vanilla/RF.

So, in order to have multiple games going with different eurekas that remain static for that game, I have to manually change the seed number to the initiated seed number when I launched the game, is that correct?
Correct.

So -- what (to me) would be the ultimate in SP would be a situation where every new game gets randomized eurekas/inspirations, but they don't change on reload. Could this potentially be accomplished by seeding Option A with the map seeding?
Ofc, but you need to do it manually. SQL cannot access Options. If that was possible, I would have implemented that instantly.

Ofc, but you need to do it manually. SQL cannot access Options. If that was possible, I would have implemented that instantly.

Got it, wasn't sure if you could pull into your code or somehow reference the map seeding as a variable. Again, awesome job -- I can easily set up a new seed for every newly launched game.

Dear Infixo!
I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but two techs (maybe civics too? I haven't encountered that case yet) can have the same eureka boost condition. Is it on purpose?
Yes, could happen. Some techs and civics are harder than others to come up with unique boosts, so few are the same.

Rifling: To boost: "Own 3 musketmans" - incorrect grammar. Plural for man is men. Therefore, it shall be written "Own 3 musketmen"

Horseback riding: settle first 2 cities on 4 potential pastures - extremly, extremly hard if not impossible

Theology: build 3 holy site districts. Not impossible but highly impractical. Theology is quite early civic and at this stage, it is simply a waste to build 3 holy sites districts unless you, the player, are striving for enlightenment yourself.

Shipbuilding: own 4 galleys. Not impossible, easy in fact, but pure waste. Galleys may serve exploration purposes only and I cant imagine having 4 of them other than just to get the boost. There is no practical aspect of having 4 galleys. If considering a military force, everybody uses more advanced ships.

Top Bottom