Realism Invictus

If you mean the 20 tile "Big Fat Cross" by city radius, that's a core Civ 4 feature and I didn't know that any mod did this at all, but even if it could be changed, I don't see the point and it would massively disrupt the game balance, and is also historically implausible even up to the modern era, so, it would make for worse gameplay and doesn't seem in spirit with this mod, in my opinion.

There's another small error with icons: In the instability popups like the Bronze Age Collapse, it displays a :) instead of the instability fist. Like saying that culture now gives 2x as much happiness.

I had one other feature idea, idk if is at all doable but when my brother suggested it to me I was dumbfounded why Firaxis did it any different: since Beyond the Sword, when you have an island with at least two cities none of which is not your capital, you begin incurring extra maintenance costs and get the option to release these cities as a colony. Meanwhile, speaking in world map terms, owning capetown or Lisbon on the world map while otherwise playing as Korea with land in Korea, you will not pay any extra cost for sheer luck of sharing a land connection still. What would make a lot more sense in our eyes is that colonial costs should be based on whether you have a coherent cultural connection. Meaning that for example if the Vikings conquer England that is not a colony due to the culture being an uninterrupted area with your main country. But founding or conquering a city farther away, e.g. Athens, would be a colony despite the same landmass, due to being so far away that it forms its own "blob" of culture, not connected to the capital's one.
I myself go even further and remove this completely by editing the files. We already have the distance from capital modifier to make colonies more costly, and I personally have no interest in releasing my dear cities to an AI.

I have a little request.
The ressource display is very small and I have to use the slider to see all the resources. Would it be possible to make the ressource display bigger?

Attachments

• IMG_20240113_203209831.jpg
    IMG_20240113_203209831.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
If you mean the 20 tile "Big Fat Cross" by city radius, that's a core Civ 4 feature and I didn't know that any mod did this at all, but even if it could be changed, I don't see the point and it would massively disrupt the game balance, and is also historically implausible even up to the modern era, so, it would make for worse gameplay and doesn't seem in spirit with this mod, in my opinion.
The "Community Civ V" mod (for Civ4!) did this from automobiles onwards. The mod can also be found here, but it sadly cannot be played to completion as the game eventually gets stuck loading the next turn. And Fall from Heaven 2 has such an effect from a wonder, or for a civ that can only make limited cities (but due to the 3rd ring better ones).

Although it is possible, I wouldn't recommend it for RI myself.

Potentail Bug: Salt adds to the epidemic risk instead of reducing it. I checked the XML and the iEpidemicModifier for salt in Terrain/CIV4BonusInfos.xml value was negative (-5). So I changed it to a positive value (5), restarted the game executable, but nothing changed.

Nevermind, it's the cattle, not salt.

maybe a bug, I'm playing at emperor level, with the raging barbarians, but sometimes 200 savage stacks spawn, is there a way to limit or solve this problem

Hello, please help me! When I click on the F1 button, the city management advisor window does not open =( When I click on the city management advisor button in the upper right part of the screen, the window does not open either =( All other buttons (F2, F3, etc) open and work, but the F1 button, the most important for me, is not there =( Please, good people, help me!

Hello, please help me! When I click on the F1 button, the city management advisor window does not open =( When I click on the city management advisor button in the upper right part of the screen, the window does not open either =( All other buttons (F2, F3, etc) open and work, but the F1 button, the most important for me, is not there =( Please, good people, help me!
It's probably a broken install. It's fine on my end (SVN version). Try reinstalling the game and the mod.

Hi in my current game I have the GL and Artemis.
Im in need of more trade routes. But I have only discovered two civs.
The next one is on an Isle far away. (See picture)

I would like whether it helps to enlarge the culture of my City to get a connection to the Green civ?

If not with which tech can I access the new civ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_145608168.jpg
    IMG_20240121_145608168.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
It's hard to tell from your photo but it looks like you are separate from the green civ by ocean tiles. Ocean trade requires Navigation, a Renaissance-era tech.

Cultural borders can bridge ocean tiles one tile away, and ocean tiles within borders are navigable even by boats that can't normally enter them. In your case, I think you should be fine after the next border pop.
See attached - in Nishapur, my borders have expanded to touch Korea's borders. However, as we only touch via ocean tiles, and neither of us has navigation, we still do not have any trade routes. What am I missing?

Attachments

• OceanTrade.png
    OceanTrade.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 18
If I were to attempt to invade Korea, my trade cogs would be unable to enter his cultural ocean tiles and vice versa. Therefore I think this is as intended that we can't trade as neither of our ships have a viable route city-to-city despite borders touching. But I've been wrong before!

I do not, which admittedly would prevent trade routes from appearing in the city. However, open borders is not a prerequisite for trading resources or getting the little "available trade partner" three arrow symbol.

Top Bottom