• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Realistic Warriors

I am learning to mod. This thread is not about modding exactly however but rather about what stats would make the Warrior most realistic.

So far I am inclined to remove the City Defense bonus. I may add a bonus against Animals, but since it's pre-Hunting I am not sure.

I am not concerned about game balance. I want the balance to be the same balance as in real life and to come about through realistic unit stats.

Let's look at what the Warrior is equipped with. Remember; this is a pre-Hunting unit, so he doesn't even have many Stone Age weapons. No stone tipped spears, bolas, boomerangs, etc. Probably just clubs, stone "hand axes" (that is, without hafts), and thrown rocks.

What do you think?

he is fine I guess. He can kill scout, panther and wolf and most the time lion. The bear is a different story.... Keep it as now is good

The city defense bonus is there primarily to help prevent civilizations from getting overrun 500 years into the game - something that wouldn't be very fun.

Although there is some basis to it - you'd have more motivation to fight if defending your home town - in terms of weaponry the defensive bonus does not make much combat sense.

The motivation is represented by the Culture bonus I think.

But even before there is culture, people would still fight harder to protect their family and home. In the field you can run away (most battles ended when one army broke, not mass-slaughter) but at home there is no-where left to run.

The motivation is represented by the Culture bonus I think.

But even before there is culture, people would still fight harder to protect their family and home. In the field you can run away (most battles ended when one army broke, not mass-slaughter) but at home there is no-where left to run.

Sorry for the double post, PC went funny

So you say all units should have this defensive bonus? :king:

So you say all units should have this defensive bonus? :king:

Well, soon after Warriors have disappeared, what was once a close tribe becomes a busling city, where you don't know everyone, and your family can escape, as they no longer consitute a major part of the community. Once it has got to this stage, the men become paid guards rather than desperate defenders (shown I guess in part by the upkeep costs) so they have no automatic attatchment to the town. However, once primative ideas of nationalims and pride in the city spring up (i.e.:culture: ), then these now provide new incentives for the militas.

Top Bottom