Really Advanced Setup

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry I don't have any immediate plans for an update. But I have been thinking about it. So maybe somewhere in the future.

I do have a couple of ideas that might fix the problem...

You could try clearing the civ5 cache. That might do it.

To clear the Civ 5 cache:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder.
It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have.
Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5 and load the mod in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache.

If that doesn't work you could try clicking on the Reset All Panels button in my mod.

Both of these are just generic fixes but they might work in this situation.

Great mod but there is a bug. You replaced PlotAreaSpiralIterator with GTAS_PlotAreaSpiralIterator and any mod that uses Howard's original PlotIterators.lua gives runtime error when trying to access PlotAreaSpiralIterator.

Yea someone else mentioned that after I released the latest version. I have to fix that one of these days. Firaxis made some weird decisions concerning the way mods work (at least in my humble opinion). One would think that GTAS_PlotAreaSpiralIterator and PlotAreaSpiralIterator would be treated as different modules. Doesn't make sense to me. I thought I was being safe by adding GTAS_.

Thanks for mentioning anyway.

Haha, that's really something I was meaning to report almost a year ago, but I never got around to it, and I figured someone else would.

Glad there's finally an acknowledgement of the issue. However, I did write a bit about it here in case anyone's interested, but long story short, it's mostly Firaxis' custom include() function, its VFS, and General Tso's deletion of that function. Renaming it is fine, but it really should have been in addition to the other function, rather than in place of.

Outside of that, our workarounds have been to include whoward's original lua file in a completely different name (cluttering up VFS with redundant copies of the same lua functions,) try to re-override the GTAS file, or tell people to not play with RAS for the time being.

Yea. I deleted it on purpose because it would normally be the right thing to do.

Firaxis' custom include drove me crazy when I was more active at modding Civ5. I never ran across anything that worked that way before. At least not that I remember. And I didn't completely understand it even though I thought I did.

Hey has anyone run into this problem? I've disabled happiness in the game and now I can't choose to either liberate/annex/puppet/raze conquered cities.

Your mode is truly amazing, but could you add function to forbid certain luxury resources to appear on the map?
I want Cocoa and Bisones not appear on generated map, because i try mod that made before latest patch, it cannot manage these new resources.

@Caunion: Several people have mentioned that problem. I don't think it has anything to do with the happiness option but I'm not certain. I've also run into that problem when not using my mod. So I'm not certain what's causing it but I think it's a game problem and not a mod problem. If I do A new version of the mod someday. I'll look into it. Just in case it is a mod problem.

@Fierro: Thanks. I'm glad you like the mod. It could be done by removing the specified resources after the map is created but before the game actually starts. I'm not doing any work on this mod at the moment but I add your request to my notes. IF I decide to do a new version. I'll see what I can do.

Well I tried two games. One with the happiness off and one with it on. And I was only able to liberate/annex/raze etc with the happiness option on.

Maybe there is a connection after all. If so I probably can't do anything about it. That is a built in option that uses in-game code but is normally invisible. I just made it available for the user. There's about a half dozen options that already exists and that I just enable. They are all located in the Game options panel and include No Science, No Happiness, No Social Policies, Permanent War/Peace etc.... It seems like most of them have one problem or another. I should probably either add a big warning or else just remove them.

General Tso, a small request if you ever decide to release a new version: forbidding the placement of any additional resources by RAS onto ice tiles (because well..... it might as well not be there unless a mod to work (and move units/build improvements on) ice tiles is also used.

Code:
function CanPlaceResource(plot, resource, relaxedRules)

local featureType = plot:GetFeatureType()
   if featureType == FeatureTypes.FEATURE_ICE then
	return false
   end

// rest of function/code

I already did that. Or at least I thought I did. :crazyeye:

I haven't run into that problem so I assumed that the code worked OK. Are you using any other mods or any 3rd party maps that might be causing a problem?

I already did that. Or at least I thought I did. :crazyeye:

I haven't run into that problem so I assumed that the code worked OK. Are you using any other mods or any 3rd party maps that might be causing a problem?

I just re-downloaded the file from the first post of this thread and checked - there is no conditional to check the presence of ice (as in, the feature) in the function CanPlaceResource(plot, resource, relaxedRules) in GTAS_PlaceResources.lua.

However, I should note that your code does forbid the placement of resources on snow terrain, which might perhaps be what you're thinking of instead? :p

hey i got a question, so i started a civ 5 game on a large map just for fun and put salt and wheat near my city but now the ruins, and other resources are gone in the map, how should i setup my game if i want to put specific luxury near my city and default to other things

I'm not sure what's wrong there. This mod doesn't remove ruins or resources.

Actually now that I think of it there is one way that this mod can remove ruins or resources. When you change terrain. Any resources or features are cleared. If you change terrain over a large area. You should add some resources and features afterwards if you want them.

Since you didn't mention terrain that's probably not your problem. But I thought I'd mention it because as a general rule changing terrain should be used with caution.

thanks but the only thing i change are in the player bonus panel, i add 4 salt and 3 wheat near my city, and 1 wonder....other changes are in map and game panels where i turned off gandhi and korea, disable nukes, turn map to fractal large map and deity difficulty

that's it and when i start my game other resources aren't in the game... i can't see deers, stone, fish, etc., strategic and luxuries other than the one i put near my city

i didn't change or add anything in the map bonus, is it because of that?

EDIT:
i tried and just play a normal game, where it's only this and infoaddict are the only mods i put and clicked "Reset All Panels", pick a civ, adjust difficulty, and maps. Then i start the game....what happened is that there's no resources of any sort near my city or the whole continent... is it a bug? did do something wrong?

edit 2: nvm, i reinstalled civ and start it again, now it works perfectly

I just updated this mod to version 14.

Changes include:

Renamed the custom PlotIterators file in my mod so it should no longer interfere with other mods that use that file.

Removed the Optional Settlers option which was causing conflicts with other mods that use custom AI code.

Removed the Disable Research, Disable Policies, and Disable Happiness options because they use in-game code that has problems.

Removed Permanent War or Peace because this mod currently has no way to set individual Civs at war with each other thus making this option useless.

Increased maximum starting Gold to 10000.

Increased maximum starting Culture to 10000.

Increased maximum starting Faith to 10000. This currently has no additional effect because the game takes all of the player's faith when creating the first Great Prophet.

Increased maximum starting Free Techs to 50.

Tweaked the code that controls the sliders. Gold, Culture, and Faith values now have a step value of 10 and the scroll wheel should work a little more smoothly on some sliders.

I just updated this mod to version 14.

Changes include:

Renamed the custom PlotIterators file in my mod so it should no longer interfere with other mods that use that file.

[...]

Hurray!

Thanks for that change. Very good news for us modders, haha.

Code:
GTAS_IDoNotKnowWhatFileNameIsSafe.lua

I got a good chuckle out of this.

Yea. I figured that file name at least offered a chance of not causing problems and it felt good getting the point across. :lol:

Top Bottom