Reasearch Agreement sabotage?

LoneGamer

Warlord
I just got a notice that England and India have made a research agreement together.

If I make them go to war will that cancel it? It's only 300gold so sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Well I found an answer to my question. I did a research agreement with the Aztecs, then right after I declared war. Guess what. I got the free tech right away, no 90days wait....

Lame.

That's odd. My experience has been that going to war cancels the research agreement and you get no free tech.

Not for me. Brought me and the Aztecs into the medieval era too.

Maybe it's cause I did it right after the agreement. I dunno.

From my experiences, going to war with someone you had a research agreement with gets you the "free" tech (not really free because you paid a few hundred gold for it)

I hope that's not the case and it's just a bug. I mean, they talked about how the AI would make a Research Agreement with you and then go to war, making you waste your gold. If you get the tech anyway, that seems like babying the player. I mean, they've already removed just about every other negative thing. :|

its definatly a bug, i have had ai wait untill after research agreements finish to declare war on me, they wouldent do that if they could just attack

Sadly this applies for the AI as well. I just loaded a savegame. Saw that India and England did the agreement. Looked at there current "points" forced England to go to war with India and there "points" increased(No turn was passed). This needs to be fixed asap. Those b tards even did publicity for this Research agreement and it's this flawed...

Top Bottom