1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons why Civ5 is the way it is

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by gdi2290, Sep 26, 2010.

1. gdi2290

gdi2290 Chieftain

my post seems to be misleading everything
    the topic is the title "Reasons why Civ5 is the way it is"
    GT5 had nothing to do with it I only used as an example even if it is not as realistic as your example it is far more realistic than racing games that I have played and has a good example (GT prologue) to explain my reason

2. DashieBaby87

DashieBaby87 Chieftain

This game is almost amazing. It's a few patches away from being as good, or better than Civ IV. Some of the elements are already better, like minor nations, some elements of diplomacy, the hexes, and wars.

They just need to fix some of the glitches. It's really good as it is, but just needs a little more polishing. Civ IV became a completely different, and better game over the years it was patched, and BtS turned it into the perfect game.

:goodjob:

♥

3. Tiwar

Tiwar Chieftain

Without economic and diplomacy, it's just another game on the shelves, among all the other crap in the stores.

Taking those 2 elements out of the game, is like robbing me at brought daylight. Would never had considered the game for a second, if I was aware of that small detail. Thats what you get for buying games these days.

Edit:

It smells like a teenage version of the game, however I wanna add I havent played enough to be the judge of the game at this point in progress, however it doesnt sound good.

4. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 King

Can we sto pwith the "just go play Civ4 then" type comments? They're juvenile, at best.

No honest person can deny that this is the first Civ game to take a SERIOUS break from the previous evolution of the genre. Whether that break is a good thign or not (or, more likely, somewhere in between) is up to you.

5. gdi2290

gdi2290 Chieftain

Fine, but you should also check your grammar and sentence structure.
    Movies such as Avatar, Cash of the Titans, and Alice Wonderland are all made is 3D. The reason is to make more money with a 3D feature, but 3D in itself is a gimmick to give people another reason to watch the movie. The fact is 3D does enhance experience, not by much, is a good investment for movies to make money. I'm saying we don't need movies for wonders even if it is a great idea. We like to have a movie because it gives us a feeling of accomplishment for doing such tedious tasks so its like a pat on the back. The idea of a simple clip is a gimmick a good way to have us feel like we are doing something in the game and we have been spoiled by Civ4 which had such movies. They could have removed this from the game due to money issues even though is was a great idea in Civ4 they had to prioritize .

that was my point about movies that apparently wasn't clear about. my bad

I am not saying that. I am saying, as a developer, the idea of making a demo is costly and deprive resources from the main project. I am saying Civ5 is the way it is because they had to make priorities of delivering a game on time. We will get our features back as soon as they can. I'm just saying we shouldn't wine about it and actually make creative responses to help

so I'm off to play some Civ5 hopefully when I come back to this thread there will be more creative posts that will help my topic

6. Gozert

Gozert Chieftain

They are miles better than the "This game is worse than <enter some horrible disease>" comments that plague these forums. There's also some truth to them. If you don't like Civilization V and you like Civilization IV, why bother?

Indeed. I think most people are comparing too much to Civilization IV. The game has undergone some serious changes and they take some time getting used too. I was pretty disappointed at first, but I'm starting to like it more and more everytime I play a new game and get familiar with all the new mechanics and strategies.

7. mcaber

mcaber Chieftain

When will people realize how little influence Sid has with the franchise? He hasn´t been on the design team since CIV IV, possibly longer.