Recommend turn based space 4x

Dantavian

Chieftain
Can anyone recommend a turn based space 4x? I've been playing a lot of Stellaris which is very good but I feel I still prefer turn based gameplay. Something like a modern version of Birth of the Federation would be good. I didn't like the look of Gal Civ but anything else I'll take recommendations for. Many thanks.

Something like a modern version of Birth of the Federation would be good.

Ahh Birth of the Federation, one of my favourite games of all time. It's funny, we all thought it would be Master of Orion with Star Trek but it really ended up being it's own beast with many unique ways of handling things that most games since have not done still.

I wouldn't call it modern as its pretty much the same thing but if you're really interested in that true BOTF experience then I recommend you check out the BOTF2 fan projects.. amazingly they're still alive after all these years! BOTF2 Supremacy and Rise of the UFP are both made with the same fan engine (there was a big split lol) and are both very playable, add heaps of new/extra stuff and I think the only thing missing is a 3D combat engine. Birth of The Empires is finished and has a simple battle combat engine but has all the trek stuff removed.

I did a article and some videos on them a few years back...

Top Bottom