Reference: EXCEL sheet to calculate Great People appearance.

Mercade

the Counsellor
This thread proposes the Great People Calculator.

It is an EXCEL sheet (attached below) that allows you to calculate the appearance of the next 10 great people in as many cities. The formulae used in the sheet are completely scaleable so if you want to look further into the future, that is entirely possible. A screenshot of the interface screen with the input and output is shown hereunder. If you are in the game, on the city report (press F1) you can find all the info you need to fill the Calculator.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

As the math involved isn't too complex, I am looking into adding this information to one of the advisor screens in python, but that will surely take a lot more time.

Attachments

• GreatPersonCalculator.V1.0.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 301
This is an awesome tool, nice work!

Could someone explain why - in my last game - I was churning out great people like a mad woman in the first part of my game, but in the latter half I saw *ONE* while the AI is scoring them every other turn?

I had a stunning amount of wonders and this didn't really stop during the latter half of the game - I was still snagging more than my fair share, but GP? Man, I never saw any later on :(

I have the same problem. Usually 7-10 prophets, only 1 merchant ever, 4-5 artists, 2-4 engineers and 2-4 science. Most usually before 1910. I've played( if you call slow and crashing playable) about 10 games. I have no idea how to produce more Merchants even though I build all the right wonders.

Kolyana said:
Could someone explain why - in my last game - I was churning out great people like a mad woman in the first part of my game, but in the latter half I saw *ONE* while the AI is scoring them every other turn?

I had a stunning amount of wonders and this didn't really stop during the latter half of the game - I was still snagging more than my fair share, but GP? Man, I never saw any later on :(

That's a great spreadsheet. Another possible addition would be some way of predicting what sort of GP would come next- (this would probably be easier within the game with access to all the figures under the hood- if you plan on editing one of the advisors).

KingAl said:
That's a great spreadsheet. Another possible addition would be some way of predicting what sort of GP would come next- (this would probably be easier within the game with access to all the figures under the hood- if you plan on editing one of the advisors).
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed a prediction of the type of GP would be better with all in-game data available. I figured that people weren't very keen on copying all that data from the game into a spreadsheet.

Moreover, this spreadsheet can be filled with data only from the F1 advisor screen. To get the invididual city distribution you need to look at the individual city screen and use the mouse-over tooltip hints.

Top Bottom