Referendum - War with Mongolia?

Should we go to war with Mongol?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Fellow members of the Assembly (that's you too, Nobody!), we've been discussing a possible war with Mongolia. It's time now for you to make your decision - should we go to war with them, or not?

The discussion on this is in this thread.

Options:
  • Yes, go to war with Mongol this term
  • No, do NOT go to war with Mongol this term
  • Abstain (I have no preference)
This poll will grant authority to the Secretaries of War and State, acting together, to declare War on the Mongols. Prior to any such discussion, the Secretary of War must present, for approval by the Assembly, their plans and timetable for the War as a Referendum.

This grant of authority will extend only for War with the Mongols, and will expire at the end of this term.

This is a public poll, and will run for 3 days. The option with the most votes will be used.

-- Ravensfire, Censor

Yes, I think we should go to war. There is nothing to lose, unless we horrificly under estimated mongolia.

BTW. it would sound more dramatic if it was "i ask the assembley to delcare a state of war with Mogolie." ;) lol

Do we have any army at all? Right now it feels like we will just be humiliated. In the future it seems more plausible, but not now.

Shouldn't this be an initiative?

That's an interesting way to word the followup question on when and how. However, it does let those who are worried about our current strength to feel comfortable that we won't proceed until ready. ;)

We have the strength to take a few cities and the economy hopefully to support it...not this Turn chat but before the month is over with.

DaveShack said:
Shouldn't this be an initiative?
Not sure, but I think it can go either way (Assembly declares war, Censor is head of Assembly - toss up!)
That's an interesting way to word the followup question on when and how. However, it does let those who are worried about our current strength to feel comfortable that we won't proceed until ready. ;)
That was the idea - let's make sure that the people WANT the war, and give permission to various leaders to push on for the war. Add the check that plans need to be approved, and the Assembly still gets final say on things!

-- Ravensfire

I think we should give wishy-washy approval to go to war. That way, if there are any problems with the war we can moan and complain that the SoS and SoW lied about the war and dragged us into a war we didn't want to fight.

You know George...I can figure out a way to spread the blame for failure to you and a few oher ministers as well as some governors. :)

Bad intel, Bad science, bad production...;)

Nobody said:
@ ravensfire: I dont get your "this includes nobody" comment.

Call it a failed attempt at humor.

-- Ravensfire

This poll is Validated.

The Assembly has now authorized the Secretaries of War and State to declare war at a time of their choosing so long as the SoW presents his plans for the war to the Assembly for approval prior to the declaration. This authority ends with this term.

-- Ravensfire, Censor

Top Bottom