Reforestation for VP

Why are there culture, gold and tourism for building the improvement ? Won't they never build any mine with this mod ?

Why are there culture, gold and tourism for building the improvement ? Won't they never build any mine with this mod ?
The improvement does not stay and will give a jungle or a forest. This will produce gold, but also culture and tourism if you have a Zoo in the city. This effect on improvement is done so that the AI has a "picture" of what the tile will look like and to push it to improve it.

With 2.4.4 when planting forest or jungle I get marsh.
Don't play with 2.4.4 but with 2.5 (but I'm pretty sure it's not a version problem). I just tried :
Left jungle / right Forest
1660319194950.png

And result is good
1660319212183.png

Do you play with other mods? Perhaps Unique City-States?
This is the only mod I see that gives the possibility of placing a marsh (if we are allied with Brussels).

I noticed the same thing, planting a marsh rather than a forest, albeit specifically on Tundra tiles. Seems to work on other terrain for me. I don't have Brussels allied or Embassied, so that's not it, or at least shouldn't be it, but given that Brussels works on Coastal Desert and Tundra specifically, there might be some incidental crossover in the code.

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing, planting a marsh rather than a forest, albeit specifically on Tundra tiles. Seems to work on other terrain for me. I don't have Brussels allied or Embassied, so that's not it, or at least shouldn't be it, but given that Brussels works on Coastal Desert and Tundra specifically, there might be some incidental crossover in the code.
Do you play with Unique City-States ?

There were some issues with Brussels recently, so I did some treatment. What did you find about it? Can you elaborate? I was not present for some time, but I can try fix it giving not much time I have for that.

There were some issues with Brussels recently, so I did some treatment. What did you find about it? Can you elaborate? I was not present for some time, but I can try fix it giving not much time I have for that.
Sorry Adan,I'm not too much on the forum either but I looked a little, the code. At my level of competence, I do not see what can explain the bug.
Only one thing, if I'm not mistaken, you are using both the dll and lua to replace the IMPROVEMENT_MARSH by the FEATURE_MARSH. Could this create a conflict (it's far-fetched)?
Code:
function BuiltMarsh(ePlayer, iX, iY, eImprovement)
    if eImprovement == eImprovementMarsh or eImprovement == eImprovementForest or eImprovement == eImprovementJungle then
        local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(iX, iY)

pPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)
        pPlot:SetFeatureType(eFeatureMarsh, -1)
    end
end
Code:
UPDATE Improvements SET Coastal = 1, RemoveWhenComplete = 1, CreatesFeature = 'FEATURE_MARSH' WHERE Type = 'IMPROVEMENT_MARSH';

It must be done like that, because you cannot create a feature directly by a Worker. Worker creates dummy improvement which is substituted by the feature.

What happens exactly?

It must be done like that, because you cannot create a feature directly by a Worker. Worker creates dummy improvement which is substituted by the feature.
Yes, I know but you do it twice, once by lua and once by SQL.

What happens exactly?
@Urzamax and @AndreyK describe the problem above. When they plant a forest, they can get a marsh instead. Personally, I could not reproduce the problem :confused:.

I must look deeper into that when I geto to the UCS again.

@Urzamax and @AndreyK describe the problem above. When they plant a forest, they can get a marsh instead. Personally, I could not reproduce the problem :confused:.
Have you tried it on Coastal Tundra? That's where I noticed it. I mean, personally I'm cool with it; can still build one of pdan's Nature Preserve's on the tile, which is what I want forests for at this stage of the game anyway.

Have you tried it on Coastal Tundra? That's where I noticed it. I mean, personally I'm cool with it; can still build one of pdan's Nature Preserve's on the tile, which is what I want forests for at this stage of the game anyway.
Thank you, I retested to try to understand the problem.

When they plant a forest, they can get a marsh instead
@adan_eslavo
I wanted to play with Unique cities and reforestation, and i also had this problem..
I removed every trace of Brussels from unique city states mod, cleaned cache, and reforestation correctly started to planted forest.
Before, I tested it on small map, with limited amount of city states, and i didnt had Brussels, but planting forest still created marsh..
I wanted to test the concept, if i later conquer Brussels, would planting work correctly, but it seems this behaviour is connected to how
it is implemented and not if Brussels is present on the map..

1667884725755.png

I don't know why Plant Forest and Plant Jungle are also included.
If you remove the related codes, it should fix the issue.
Code:
function BuiltMarsh(ePlayer, iX, iY, eImprovement)
    if eImprovement == eImprovementMarsh then
        local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(iX, iY)

pPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)
        pPlot:SetFeatureType(eFeatureMarsh, -1)
    end
end

Last edited:
@adan_eslavo
I wanted to play with Unique cities and reforestation, and i also had this problem..
I removed every trace of Brussels from unique city states mod, cleaned cache, and reforestation correctly started to planted forest.
Before, I tested it on small map, with limited amount of city states, and i didnt had Brussels, but planting forest still created marsh..
I wanted to test the concept, if i later conquer Brussels, would planting work correctly, but it seems this behaviour is connected to how
it is implemented and not if Brussels is present on the map..
Thank you for doing this research and confirmed the problem.

I really like this mod, and I believe this is the only mod that allows players to plant jungles on tiles. But the VP/community patch is not that reliable when we have some other mods. Could you make this mod work for vanilla Civ5?

Top Bottom